Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,484 members, 7,840,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Chelsea Announce Annual Loss Of £70.9m - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Announce Annual Loss Of £70.9m (546 Views)

BREAKING: Chelsea Announce Mourinho As New Manager / Wigan Sell Victor Moses To Chelsea In A Deal Worth 9m / Man City Record A Loss Of 194.9million Pounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Announce Annual Loss Of £70.9m by mikuz(m): 1:48am On Feb 01, 2011
Chelsea lost £70.9 million
last season despite
winning the Premier
League and FA Cup.
The west London club
says turnover increased
by 1.2 percent to
£205.8m and that a
reduction in the value of
its squad was the main
reason for the loss.
Financial results for the 12
months to June 30, 2010
show that Chelsea FC
plc has become 'cash
positive' for the first time
since its acquisition by
Roman Abramovich.
The club had a positive
cash inflow of £3.8m in
the year compared to a
net outflow of £16.9m in
the previous year.
"The club believes it is
now well positioned to
meet Uefa's financial fair
play rules," read a
statement.
In addition, the group had
a reduced operating loss
of £68.6m on an
improved group turnover
of £205.8m.
But Chelsea chief
executive Ron Gourlay
says the club "is in a
strong position to meet
the challenges of Uefa
'financial fair play'
initiatives."
Uefa will ban clubs from
European competitions
from 2012 if they go into
debt on football-related
business.
Re: Chelsea Announce Annual Loss Of £70.9m by duduspace(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2011
Expect worse results next year with their recent splurge on Torres and Luiz, only this time they are not likely gonna do a double. Abramovic never tire.  grin grin grin
Meanwhile I dey expectantly await Arsenal reporting record profits again.
Re: Chelsea Announce Annual Loss Of £70.9m by switch47(m): 5:49pm On Feb 01, 2011
I have said it times without number-chelsea did not get near the EPL title for more than 50 years before Roman heavy spending.wthout this chelsea is finished & even with so much wasted cash,chelsea can not maintain the momentum and with the UEFA rules it wont be long before chelsea goes back to where they belong mid table.Roman's hands will soon be tied and chelsea will die by fire.so all ye glory hunting fake chelsea fans-BRACE YOURSELVES the end of chelsea is near!! Shame!
Re: Chelsea Announce Annual Loss Of £70.9m by 1025: 11:59am On Feb 04, 2011
@o.poster,
£70.9m, how much gain for roman who is dangeriously rich.
don't u know what it means to have a pet club or business. chelsea is a way of recreating himself at the end of the business day.
the man in question is swiming on endless cash. no wonder he owns one of the most sophisticated yatches in the world.
this man is a don. he is a money yapata. he is foolishly rich and whenever i think of his foolishness, i want to be a foolish man.
roman is a money making machine(MMM) you can call him a tripple M or m to the power 3.
the guy is loaded.
by the time u start calculating his looses and gains, u will end up in the yaba mental rehablitation home.
uncle, unlike nigerians that suffer to get money and suffer to spend it, roman knows how to use his cash to make himself happy.
wether chelsea play or not, as long as he has something to celebrate whenever he is arround, the cash will keep on flowing. life is too short to keep all these money.
pls bear with him bcs chelsea is not like arsenal where poor ppl wait to know what their profits are at the end of the day before buying a bag of rice for their families.
if you talk chelsea, u talk ac milan and the new power-house man city. these are clubs owned individually by merciless spending men whose hubby is spending money.
roman is living a life in the uk that uk residents are not living.
he is a russian caterpilar and a buldozer for that matter.
even when this man sleeps, his accounts don't. this man's accounts work day and night.
in conclussion, no matter how a cow sick reach, it can never be as small as a goat. so even if chelsea is kidnapped by nigerians tomorrow, the man no go shake.
think of our rich men like dangote and adenuga, then think of roman whose money is like atlantic ocean.
in case anything happens to chelsea tomorrow, i will not be an arsenal fan bcs of our spending habits that am so used to so i will join man city.
i like better things my brother. i no need to dey proud of suffering.

(1) (Reply)

Torres Says Liverpool Is A Bigger Club Than Chelsea / Fifteen Managers Who Got New Jobs in 2010-11 Season: Their Performance / Carlos Tevez May Sue His Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.