Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,966 members, 7,838,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Let's Discuss People Who Owe Us And Refuse To Pay - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Let's Discuss People Who Owe Us And Refuse To Pay (295 Views)

IOCs Refuse To Relocate HQ to Akwa Ibom 4 Years After Building Tower. / I Owe A Microfinance Bank 600k, They Threaten To Jail Me, I Need Your Advice! / AMCON Releases Names Of 105 Persons Who Owe N906b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Discuss People Who Owe Us And Refuse To Pay by Businext: 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
Okay so I have personal principles and one of them is to avoid borrowing as much as possible.
I borrow to people who are in need because I once knew a guy in my office back in 2008 who died.
Before he died he had asked all of us to loan him some money and we all declined because he never always paid back.
The very day before he died, he asked and we declined and next day we heard he died.
Life went on in the office but I felt personally bad.
I didn't have much money but all I needed at that time was basically my transport fare I could have spared him if I had an assurance of getting it back.
I felt bad that maybe, just maybe he could have survived if he got that money.
May be he was ill, indebt or in trouble.

Now back to the discussion I've had 7 major instances where people owed me and blatantly refused to pay.
One told me out rightly to forget about the money after all I lost money in mmm and forgot about it! Oh boy see talk oh! I chased my money and got it back after almost 2 solid years.
In fact the only 3 instances I can vividly okay 4, that I can remember that I let my money go where based on-
1. It's my uncle
2. It was a child hood friend and it was the fault of a relation
3. The person died
4. The person had nothing for us to auction

But I wonder how people get comfortable taking people's money when it's not yahoo that's between strangers who don't even see face to face but between people who have known sometimes since childhood?
How can you use ill gotten money in business and hope to progress?
Don't people believe in repercussions or fear God?
How much is any amount of money?

See sportsmen and celebrities and even business moguls who have even made money genuinely and have become bankrupt not to talk of people who have made it through assassination of trust and relationship just to get money without intending to pay when they can?

What surprises me is that some don't feel remorse and will call your money chicken change. Some will eventually pay by throwing the money at you!

Let's discuss this cause I just solved one today that I was already considering going to court for.
What has been your experience in this matter

#IMayNeverLendMoneyAgainOh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Discuss People Who Owe Us And Refuse To Pay by Temitopemo6e6(m): 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2020
T
Re: Let's Discuss People Who Owe Us And Refuse To Pay by adminlo: 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
I try not to lend at all. People are evil. Learnt someone multiples of 100k for goods and he refused to supply goods and refused to pay .... After like 2 years he paid 20percent... Now it is 4 year and he said it is because of Covid he can't pay .... God will punish people ...I need help
Re: Let's Discuss People Who Owe Us And Refuse To Pay by Kemimarch16(f): 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2020
I lend someone 92 thousand naira and the person just paid 20k since more than 4years now,have asked tired.some people can't just be trusted with money
Re: Let's Discuss People Who Owe Us And Refuse To Pay by Ugaboy: 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kemimarch16:
I learnt someone 92 thousand naira and the person just paid 20k since more than 4years now,have asked tired.some people can't just be trusted with money
there is a wise quote "NEVER LEND MONEY UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO WRITE IT OFF" If u are precious about it, then dont lend it in the first place
so i believe u were ready to lose it that why u lend it out.
Re: Let's Discuss People Who Owe Us And Refuse To Pay by cingelai(f): 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
I don't know who cursed me. I lend people money without thinking, even my last card. I made a resolution not to lend people money this year, however, as I am typing now, I lent half of the money, I wanted to use to buy a laptop for my project to somebody since March.

On the contrary, I don't usually borrow, but when I did, I usually had sleepless night till I clear my debt. I don't borrow, if I don't know where I will get the money to pay.
Re: Let's Discuss People Who Owe Us And Refuse To Pay by chyegems(f): 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
Borrowed my inlaw(my elder sister's husband) 321k since 2010 because i was staying with them after NYSC. Till today, he has not paid a dime of that money and not even bothered to pay.
Re: Let's Discuss People Who Owe Us And Refuse To Pay by Businext: 11:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
Ishilove and other mods push this to front page let's learn from more people who have dealt with such people

#ItWillEndInPraise

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

LAWMA CEO, Muyiwa Gbadegesin In The Eye Of The Storm / What To Do In Times Of Economic Crisis / Convert MTN Airtime To Cash Directly Into Bank Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.