Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 (14638 Views)

Benue Governor’s Wife, Son Test Positive For COVID-19- Sahara Reporters / Mother And Son Test Positive For COVID-19 In Osun / Atiku Abubakars Son Test Positive For The Corona Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by ExAngel007(f): 12:20am On Jul 04, 2020
Benue Governor’s Wife And Son Test Positive For COVID-19

Wife of the Benue State Governor, Mrs Eunice Ortom, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19.

Mrs Ortom who made this known in a statement she personally signed and issued late Friday night in Makurdi said she had gone on self-isolation with her son and all her affected staff.

She encouraged people of the state to take preventive measures to be protected and be safe by observing all the primary protocols including wearing of face masks, constant washing of hands, maintaining of social distancing and staying indoors when not necessary to go out.

Part of the statement read, “a few moments ago this (Friday) evening, I received my result from the tests earlier carried out on me and others by NCDC personnel on routine screening at House, Makurdi which returned that I and my son, and some staff are COVID-19 positive.

“We have from this moment, gone into total isolation as required by the protocols and would immediately begin the management treatment as advised by medical experts.

“While I have taken the responsibility to personally call everyone I can recall having had recent contact with to go for testing, I advise anyone who has had close contact with me in the last two weeks and the public to go for screening and testing.

“I wish to reiterate that been COVID-19 positive is not a death sentence as evident by the many recoveries recorded thus far so there is no need to panic, but we should continue to be responsible in our actions so as to keep others safe,”
she added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/benue-govs-wife-son-staff-test-positive-for-covid-19/

1 Like

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by IJOBA2: 2:03am On Jul 04, 2020
GOD IS DOING WONDERS ON EARTH.

IN TINUBU SCAM LAGOS LOTTO VOICE E FIT BE YOU O

7 Likes

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by fizho: 3:09am On Jul 04, 2020
This is getting serious
Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by tillaman(m): 4:54am On Jul 04, 2020
sad

1 Like

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by osamz007: 7:27am On Jul 04, 2020
THE REAL COVID IS ONLY ATTACKING GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS

UNA WELL-DONE O IS THAT THE SAFETY MEASURES YOU TOLD US TO PRACTICE YOU PPL ARE NOT PRACTICING TOO?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by Goldenkrezi: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2020
The way this covid randomly select pple from our political cabinet ehnn...

God is in control.

10 Likes

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by Flier: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2020
May God protect us
Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2020
osamz007:

UNA WELL-DONE O IS THAT THE SAFETY MEASURES YOU TOLD US TO PRACTICE YOU PPL ARE NOT PRACTICING TOO?

Well, the fact is here in Nigeria, covid 19 is affecting the political elite...ie people who are likely to travel out and thus get affected by the virus.

Also, lockdowns have been here and there across Nigeria. Apart from Lagos, Ogun and the FCT, very few states have done total lockdown.

Finally, with the incubation period as long as 28 days, possibly longer, it is possible they came in contact with an asymptomatic carrier.

4 Likes

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2020
Covid19 and Nigerian Governors seem to have an understanding.
I pray they get medical help and recover asap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by Mikelarteta(m): 8:16am On Jul 04, 2020
This thing is still ravaging, pls let’s be careful my Nairaland family. Corona Virus will not kill us IJN.

5 Likes

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by VirginSearcher(m): 8:16am On Jul 04, 2020
How Buhari who doesn't follow any COVID-19 guideline survived the pandemic remains a mystery

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:16am On Jul 04, 2020
Quick recovery. Meanwhile sub and upgrade your dstv and gotv

1 Like

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by IpobOsuIgbo: 8:16am On Jul 04, 2020
This should not be a news anymore.

People dey get covid19 every time.

It should only become a news when Buhari or Aisha gets infected.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 04, 2020
Waw
Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by Captainshedrach(m): 8:17am On Jul 04, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by EwuGambia: 8:17am On Jul 04, 2020
Abeggi,..covid-19 nor fit kill Benue woman, Nah Bleep, or STD dey kill them undecided ....Always active in za oza room.

On a serious note, how can his wife and son be positive and he is not... undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by fatymore(f): 8:17am On Jul 04, 2020
God no go shame us

I am having a discount sales on my products!

10% off on all our products
Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by Romanoff(f): 8:17am On Jul 04, 2020
osamz007:

Many poor people prolly already have it but are not being tested.

3 Likes

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by pointstores(m): 8:19am On Jul 04, 2020
Nawa
Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by Romeo125: 8:19am On Jul 04, 2020
shocked
Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by adecz: 8:19am On Jul 04, 2020
smiley

Oga Benue State governor,
how far?

Abi your own result never commot?

wink wink wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by Femich18(m): 8:19am On Jul 04, 2020
adecz:
smiley

Oga Benue State governor,
how far?

Abi your own result never commot?

wink wink wink wink
E never comot. Them still dey think of what to write for him grin

3 Likes

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by GOFRONT(m): 8:20am On Jul 04, 2020
tongue
Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by okomile(f): 8:20am On Jul 04, 2020
Dem just start!

Sisi coro no dey play grin

Lagos is reducing cases
Let them take the league
We dash them

Sanwo olu should open Lagos economy

Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Eunice Ortom And Her Son Test Positive For COVID-19 by Jahwinaboy(m): 8:21am On Jul 04, 2020
How come? Except u haven't been practicing safety measures

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC / Fresh Cases Of Bird Flu In Kano, Lagos / COVID-19: Britain's Death Toll Rises To 36,675

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.