Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

What Is Beer Belly? Do I Have Beer Belly? Learn About Beer Belly Now - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is Beer Belly? Do I Have Beer Belly? Learn About Beer Belly Now (201 Views)

How To Get Rid Of Your Beer Belly / What Is A Beer Belly? / 20 Things You Didn't Know About Beer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Beer Belly? Do I Have Beer Belly? Learn About Beer Belly Now by healthmakesyou: 8:54am On Jul 04, 2020
Usually, when people talk about losing fat, the first place that comes to mind is around the belly. It is a major concern for a lot of individuals since the belly is one of the places susceptible to fat deposits.

A beer belly is an infamous condition where excess fat accumulates and gets deposited around the belly region, caused by excessive consumption of calories.

Having a flat belly feels great. It improves your self-esteem and makes you appear more attractive and healthy. Having a beer belly, on the other hand, not so much. Unlike a flat belly, a beer belly sends out a wrong impression about you to others – the state of your health or your eating habits.

In this article, I have explained five steps on how to get rid of belly fat. But before then, let’s look at the causes of a beer belly.

Causes of a beer belly
The true culprit behind beer belly is too many calories. Beer is only one of several sources of calories. This means that even if you aren’t a regular beer drinker, you may still have a beer belly.

A regular bottle of beer is known to contain as much as 150 calories. For most beer drinkers, one bottle is usually never enough once the first has been taken, and they end up drinking several bottles of beer, which results in too much calorie residue.

Whenever you take in more calories than is required by your body, the excess calories get stored as fat. This fat accumulates in different parts of your body, one of which is the belly, thus resulting in the beer belly condition.

Health conditions linked to a beer belly
Belly fat could also be as a result of certain underlying health conditions. Studies have shown that beer belly can be linked to other problematic ailments such as high blood pressure, cardiovascular or heart disease, and type 2 diabetes.

However, it is important to note that having a beer belly doesn’t imply that you have got any of these health conditions. It is not a thing to be worried about, although good to be aware of. As I mentioned earlier, beer belly is simply accumulated fat in the region of the belly.

Now, let’s look at how you can eliminate belly fat.

How to lose beer belly in 5 easy ways

Losing beer belly is as simple as reducing calorie intake and burning excess fat by performing easy exercises aimed at reducing the fat around your abdominal region.

These steps are quite easy to follow and are known to be highly effective in the journey to losing beer belly.

Exercise
Generally, the best way to start losing belly fat is to burn off as much deposited calories as possible in your body. A great way to burn these calories is to engage in physical activities like running, swimming, weight lifting, bike riding, among others.

Read the full post here https://healthmakesyou.com/lose-beer-belly-in-5-easy-ways/

(1) (Reply)

Covid 19 Patient Fights Health Officials Who Came To Pick Him Up / Weight Loss Myths / My Weight Loss Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.