Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. (6157 Views)

How Hushpuppi's Instagram Posts Prompted His Arrest (Video) / FBI Tracked Woodberry Via Iphone, Whatsapp, Bitcoin Transactions / Hushpuppi And Woodberry Extradited To US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
Hushpuppi's best friend Olalekan Jacob Ponle also known as Woodberry like his friend has also been charged to court in the US

- In his own case, Woodberry played into the hands of the FBI undercover agent

- Ponle asked the agent to help him open US bank accounts to be used to convert the proceeds of the fraud into Bitcoin and send them to a virtual wallet owned and operated by him

Hushpuppi's best friend and 'business partner' Olalekan Jacob Ponle popularly known on Instagram as Woodberry has also been charged in US District Court in Chicago with conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

The 29-year-old Woodberry was arrested in June alongside his bestie, Hushpuppi, in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, where he was living large.

According to a statement from the US Attorney’s Office in Chicago, Woodberry who was extradited from Dubai, and kept in the FBI custody, arrived in Chicago on the night of Thursday, July 2, and appeared in court in the morning of Friday, July 3, to face a charge of conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

Among the companies defrauded by Woodberry is a Chicago-based company that sent wire transfers totaling $15.2 million to him.

The US department of justice had it that there were several instances in which one or more unknown subjects gained unauthorized access to a US-based company’s email account and sent messages to unwitting employees claiming to be from the company or known business contact.

The fraudulent emails instructed people to wire funds to a bank account set up by “money mules” at Woodberry's instruction, prosecutors say. The complaint alleges Ponle directed the mules to convent the proceeds of the fraud into Bitcoin and send them to a virtual wallet that Ponle owned and operated.

Unknown to Woodberry he was talking to an undercover FBI agent of his schemes. Read through their conversation below:

lalasticlala
https://www.legit.ng/1344637-how-hushpuppis-bestie-woodberry-chats-fbi-agent-unknowingly-screenshots.html?fbclid=IwAR0danE4dbiDVQfd6YIN9S7HRBdMYdti3Zdw6t2tamf9NETlmpV-JNjMD1E

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
(21)

(63)

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by Kriss216: 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
Bitter truth.

13 Likes

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by IamWonderful: 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
Haaaa when the bush catch the hunter

1 Like

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by Righteousness89(m): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
Whatever goes up must come down..

Woe to those who plan iniquity, to those who plot evil on their beds! At morning’s light they carry it out because it is in their power to do it. They covet fields and seize them, and houses, and take them. They defraud people of their homes, they rob them of their inheritance.

2 Likes

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by SIRRITE: 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
Hmmm
Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by Edunews: 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
I just came across a common statement on Nairaland few minutes ago, and it got me wondering, what is wrong with our people..

SmartProf:
The earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need but not every man's greed. How the EFCC never get to discover all these, makes me give up on the system. Nigeria is in a mess, and we may not get out of it soon

many persons make similar statements to this and it makes me worry about "What you think Nigeria is"

my dear, Nigeria is you & I.

Nigeria would not change, until you & I have a change of mindsets.

It seems the arrest of Ramon Abbas aka "Hushpuppi" seems to reawaken everyone to the existence of Internet Fraud, but the truth is that it has always been with us, and would always be here if we keep waiting for just EFCC to put a stop to it.

What have you done to combat crime in our society??

internet fraud (Yahoo-yahoo, G-boys), ponzi or other types of fraud have become a very common event in our daily lives. We tend to know or have heard of people that engage in these events, but we keep quiet about it, for one reason or the other, maybe because they are our friends or family.

How many of Our friends who are into Internet Fraud (G-boys), whether they have hit or not, have you reported to the Police or EFCC??

we tend to forget that, "It is these same individuals (G-boys), who engage in all these acts of fraud, & hit it big tomorrow that would use those money to contest for election with well-meaning individuals like yourself and win you, because you do not have enough money to spend like them, regardless of what your motives or plans are.

After they win and get there, they'd continue their G-boys on a political level, with their looting, and then you'd come on Nairaland or twitter to complain.

Just imagine Hushpuppi was to run for senate tomorrow, who would win Him with all the money he has to spend??

Also on other other side, most youths and young persons, students, etc that go onto cyber-crime is due to "Peer Pressure/Influence". if you see someone you know from Adam, who is just at your level or maybe you are even better than the person, all of a sudden, riding big cars, and buying houses for himself or his parents, you'd start thinking about why you cannot achieve the same, and then you'd be ready to do whatever it takes to do that, however legal or illegal.
You will then encourage yourself with the fact that many people are doing it, and that there is corruption everywhere.

my dear, the problems of Nigeria are You & I.... let's not deviate it or run away from it!!!

this is & has always been my own Stand!!!

If you want our country to change, it begins from you and I. You can start by reporting those friends of yours who are into various kinds of frauds (from ponzi to large scale BEC) to the Police or EFCC, and let's worry about whether nothing was done or not....

start from the root & protect the future...

Until we are ready to do that, our country would remain the way it is, if not worse, because, the G-boys would continue to make money & run for various elective positions in government, and when that happens, they'd have the public funds, security & other elements of government at their disposals to do what they like..

Nigeria cannot be better until its Citizens decide to be better, because, we are the present & future government.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by hisgrace090: 1:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
There is an end indeed?
Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 04, 2020
Criminals....

Is in their blood.
Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by espn(m): 1:26pm On Jul 04, 2020
Good job...
Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by Officialgarri: 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2020
This one is red handed busting
Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by EzzyCarter: 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
Whatever goes up must come down..

Mr Righteousness Newton. I greet you sir grin

1 Like

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by Gaddafiyusf(m): 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kriss216:
Bitter truth.

Lies. Am a bite Rich. I'm not into fraud. It's said little by little the bird makes it nest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by joyandfaith: 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kriss216:
Bitter truth.
see one of them

3 Likes

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by helinues: 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
Caught red handed
Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by DeeMain(m): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kriss216:
Bitter truth.

And there is no fraud without karma and her sorrows, bozo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by sexylassie2(f): 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2020
The FBI is everywhere even if you don't have social media, they will still track you as long as someone lay a complaints about you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by InfoSources: 2:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
grin
Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by Kccheechy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
Edunews:
I just came across a common statement on Nairaland few minutes ago, and it got me wondering, what is wrong with our people..

many persons make similar statements to this and it makes me worry about "What you think Nigeria is"

It seems the arrest of Ramon Abbas aka "Hushpuppi" seems to reawaken everyone to the existence of Internet Fraud, but the truth is that it has always been with us, and would always be here if we keep waiting for just EFCC to put a stop to it.

internet fraud (Yahoo-yahoo, G-boys), ponzi or other types of fraud have become a very common event in our daily lives. We tend to know or have heard of people that engage in these events, but we keep quiet about it, for one reason or the other, maybe because they are our friends or family.

How many of Our friends who are into Internet Fraud (G-boys), whether they have hit or not, have you reported to the Police or EFCC??

we tend to forget that, "It is these same individuals (G-boys), who engage in all these acts of fraud, & hit it big tomorrow that would use those money to contest for election with well-meaning individuals like yourself and win you, because you do not have enough money to spend like them, regardless of what your motives or plans are.

After they win and get there, they'd continue their G-boys on a political level, with their looting, and then you'd come on Nairaland or twitter to complain.

Just imagine Hushpuppi was to run for senate tomorrow, who would win Him with all the money he has to spend??

Also on other other side, most youths and young persons, students, etc that go onto cyber-crime is due to "Peer Pressure/Influence". if you see someone you know from Adam, who is just at your level or maybe you are even better than the person, all of a sudden, riding big cars, and buying houses for himself or his parents, you'd start thinking about why you cannot achieve the same, and then you'd be ready to do whatever it takes to do that, however legal or illegal.
You will then encourage yourself with the fact that many people are doing it, and that there is corruption everywhere.

my dear, the problems of Nigeria are You & I.... let's not deviate it or run away from it!!!

If you want our country to change, it begins from you and I. You can start by reporting those friends of yours who are into various kinds of frauds (from ponzi to large scale BEC) to the Police or EFCC, and let's worry about whether nothing was done or not....

Until we are ready to do that, our country would remain the way it is, if not worse, because, the G-boys would continue to make money & run for various elective positions in government, and when that happens, they'd have the public funds, security & other elements of government at their disposals to do what they like..

Nigeria cannot be better until its Citizens decide to be better, because, we are the present & future government.
Oga forget that talk... EFCC has always been a willing tool in the hands of our politicians . What has EFCC done concerning the case of Tinubu who violated the law brazingly when he brought bullion vans into his compound on the eve of elections? What about Ganduje?? What have they done concerning his case?? What about mompha's case?? Corruption is happening right under their nose but they choose to look away. Hushpuppi's case would have been a forgotten issue if he was extradited to Nigeria. They claim to be fighting corruption but they are the epitome of corruption.

2 Likes

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by emmy512: 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2020
Edunews:

I'm guilty of few accusation here but can't do anything about it. A country that doesn't treat me right how do i go about helping them catch criminals

3 Likes

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by BlackfireX: 2:34pm On Jul 04, 2020
Yoruba people...

1 Like

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by Martinez39s(m): 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kriss216:
Bitter truth.
Flat out lie. grin
Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by jlinkd78(m): 2:53pm On Jul 04, 2020
Noted
Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by GreaterFuture1(m): 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
Lies, you can make money without fraud. But it can be very difficult, this I Can personally testify to

2 Likes

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by seanwilliam(m): 3:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
emmy512:

I'm guilty of few accusation here but can't do anything about it. A country that doesn't treat me right how do i go about helping them catch criminals
if only you know how I dey vex for this country bro...
If dey want make we citizen help , then they must be ready to pay the whistleblowers better money before we would put our lives at risk in exposing corruption.. and lawyer must sign it..

The koko be say , let government do their parts first..let's dem provide basic needs of life first and watch if scamming wouldn't reduce.. since younger age up till now na struggling I dey struggle.. struggle wey I no know which day particular e go end.
Kccheechy:
Oga forget that talk... EFCC has always been a willing tool in the hands of our politicians . What has EFCC done concerning the case of Tinubu who violated the law brazingly when he brought bullion vans into his compound on the eve of elections? What about Ganduje?? What have they done concerning his case?? What about mompha's case?? Corruption is happening right under their nose but they choose to look away. Hushpuppi's case would have been a forgotten issue if he was extradited to Nigeria. They claim to be fighting corruption but they are the epitome of corruption.
leave the guy, he wants us to be chasing wind when people that have the power to persecute are sitting down watching..

He expects me to be patriotic to a country that doesnt care about me nor my family welfare.. he expects me to be patriotic to a country that doesnt care about my future and future of my unborn generation...
Buhari's son is using Honda power bike of 56 million naira, yet him father said na buy dem buy presidential ticket for am.. abeg where him see money buy am? Orji kalu amassed over 100b naira in politics, tinubu dey control politics like say person dey control motor, atiku has a cut for every generator dem import to naija.. Obasanjo has a cut for every cocacola product u open and zip, Saraki amassed billions of naira... ganduje has lootedmmoneywey go last him and him future generation for 100 years..and so so on wey I no know.. and watch some dumbass coming here to defend naija politicians , people wey we suppose stone to death..
Politics in Nigeria needs overhauling.. if we fail to tackle where the problem comes from, then we never ready yet.

Even ordinary rich man self no fit help, they would use u and dump u.. most private companies would pay u only money that would sustain you on food and housing alone.. they have no plans for your future after you don use your whole brain work for them..

I just wish boys fit dey target Nigeria politicians and render dem useless.. nonsense

Most federal jobs na man know man things,

If you husle small gather small money to start business, government policies go kill am.
Radarada

Edunews:
I just came across a common statement on Nairaland few minutes ago, and it g

I really wish I could see this edunews guy face to face

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by omenka(m): 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
I hope they eventually clip that crook called Mompha and the other Airforce1's role model.
Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by Commonsense99: 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kriss216:
Bitter truth.
This is the mentality that is causing problems for the image of this country. There are riches from hardwork in an organised society bro.
Eg is footballers in Europe

1 Like

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by doggedfighter(f): 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
His cup got to over flowing
Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by laluski(m): 3:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
[quote author=Kriss216 post=91368715] Bitter truth. [/quote

So your father is a fraudster...no wonder...a local dog will always give birth to a lower local dog
Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by MrBachelor: 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kriss216:
Bitter truth.

I'm rich and I've neither committed any fraud nor engage in any criminality.

So your "bitter truth" is roundly false.

I'd advise if that's what you do, or contemplate doing, you should better put a stop to it otherwise you will inevitably end up like the lot of them.

Money, and alot of it, can be made legitimately and legally. Now that's a fact.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by merieam16(f): 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
Re: How Hushpuppi's Ally Olalekan Jacob (woodberry) Chats Up FBI Agent Unknowingly. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2020
MrBachelor:

I'm rich and I've neither committed any fraud nor engage in any criminality.

So your "bitter truth" is roundly false.

I'd advise if that's what you do, or contemplate doing, you should better put a stop to it otherwise you will inevitably end up like the lot of them.

Money, and alot of it, can be made legitimately and legally. Now that's a fact.

Good evening rich Bachelor, I'm very loyal and I'm looking for a legit work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Missing Lady, Oluwabamise Ayanwole Is Found Dead (Graphic Photos) / Jealous Nigerian Lady Stabbed Her Boyfriend Who Just Finished NYSC To Death / Man Arrested For Raping Crocodiles (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.