Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) (67937 Views)

2 people Die As Helicopter Crashes Into Building in Opebi / Sallah Day Boat Mishap At Apapa: Many Dead / Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2020
Below is a statement from the Lagos state emergency management agency(LASEMA);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpMPLzkmEqY

On getting to the scene of the incident, the LASEMA Response Team, Lion Squad, at Agbowa discovered that a boat en route Ikorodu jetty terminal from Ebute – Ero (Lagos Island) via Lagos waterways capsized at the wee hours of Friday, 4th July 2020 at Ipakodo ferry terminal. Unfortunately, six adult females lost their lives to the incident and were recovered by local divers. The boat captain and his assistant could not be found as a search and rescue efforts are ongoing to recover the victims.

The 6 corpses have been deposited at Ikorodu General Hospital morgue. LASEMA Response Team, LRT, the Nigeria Police Force Ipakodo division, Lagos State Ambulance Services, LASAMBUS Officials and Lagos State Waterways Authority, LASWA, Officials were the responders present at the incident scene.

All efforts by the LASEMA Team to get the manifest of the boat proved abortive as the LASWA Officials at Ikorodu jetty could not establish the number of passengers on board from Ebute – Ero.

Dr. Olufemi Damilola Osanyintolu, the Director-General/CEO LASEMA, noted that despite the huge investment of the State Government to encourage water transportation and the need for Lagosians to explore water transportation as an alternative means of transportation due to congestion on our roads, it is important for all passengers and boat operators to imbibe safety culture, and also comply with the rules and regulations of the regulatory bodies in charge of water transportation and safety in the State while noting that proper investigation is on ongoing by the security operatives to ascertain the real cause of the incident.

https://mobile.twitter.com/followlasema/status/1279452811286269956

3 Likes

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by DrinkWater247: 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
God help us. Sad one there. RIP to the dead.

Please let's always use recommended PPEs while on water movement.

111 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by starbuck(f): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
Anything water bodies sad sad, I did rather trek

Rest In Peace to them

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by omocalabar(m): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
Was it not last week they boasted about not having boat mishap in Lagos?

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by Mac2016(m): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
The saddest part of all the deaths in this clime is highly avoidable. RIP to the lost ones.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
A country of over 200 million is remaining 100 million. God Airpus Oooo !

12 Likes

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by sagitariusbaby(m): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
Death is just everywhere. May their souls find eternal rest with God.

I pray God keep and guide us and our families this period and beyond, no one shall die before his/her appointed time, the arrows that fly by the day and the weapon of the destruction that the enemy has unleashed at night against us "God's children" shall crumble in the most powerful Jesus name.

It is well with us.

12 Likes

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by Makanakico(f): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
N
Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
Even God that Created me knows that I can never enter that thing.

I dey even reason say boat dey okay pass canoe but as I see this now, boat ooo, canoe, ship oo, marine ooo. I no dey enter anytin again

Anytin ontop of water. I am not interested again...

Even if I can't walk, I will Rather crawl than take a boat

Pls check my signature

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by uncastableodd(f): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ha
Lord have mercy, 2020 coman be going

3 Likes

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by Damidave1124(m): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
Rip
Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by PureGoldh(m): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
May God have mercy on their soul and grant them eternal rest

2 Likes

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by sanemind4(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
R.i.p to them

2 Likes

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by Olawalelead(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
RIP to the dead embarassed

1 Like

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by solomorinho(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by vr0xen: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
Something must kill a man

3 Likes

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by ediyeJuice(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mhen,it's a cold world cry
Rip To the death

1 Like

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
Road Accident everyday
Now Water too Accident
R.I.P.
Condolences to their family members

Instead of Sanwo Olu & Lagos government to settle those mami water to stop accidents, dem dey go increase boat engine size. Maybe the mami water dey vex now.

Nigerian government & wrong priorities cheesy cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
No manifest undecided
Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
shocked

I thought there used to be safety jackets in these commercial boats. So how come people still get drowned? Hm.

RIP.

8 Likes

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by LoydJ(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
2020 please for goodness sake please be nice to us.
Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by NairaLEARN: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sobad

May dey soul RIP..

A big lost to their families
And the families and the deads loves one will understand.. even Lagos Government can't feel the pain

But the family of the dead

RIP To The Death

Now is never a good time to sick

Come to talk of death

Now is not a good time to die

From All Of Us
www.nairalearn.com
RIP to them all

1 Like

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by DisLifeSha: 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
See that lady wey set. This life na wah o
Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by thonyokun(m): 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
a healthy person left home for work only to return in a body bag...oh lord have mercy

10 Likes

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Hie

2 Likes

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by OtemAtum: 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Na wa o. Government should do bridges over all water bodies to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by iloveojonime: 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
life is indeed what happens while we are busy making plans cry sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by DropsMic(m): 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sad
Re: Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) by betonnaira: 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
all the money they poured in yet no floaters for passagers i tot they made it a must

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle / Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers / Onitsha Fire: Photo Of The Woman That Died With Her Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.