Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,400 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Application - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Application (2810 Views)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Graduate Trainee / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Application by hiltino: 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2011
Hey house,

I just got this mail today 02/02/2011 from Oando Hr Team

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for the Oando Graduate Trainee Program. Unfortunately, you did not meet our minimum requirements for the program and we cannot progress with your application at this stage.

We wish you the best with your job search and thank you for your interest in the Oando Graduate Trainee program.

Yours truly,

Oando PLC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The minimum qualifcation was as follows:

• Bachelor or Master Degree with minimum of Second Class Upper Division (2:1) in any discipline:
• NYSC Discharge Certificate
• Minimum of 5 B’s and 2 C’s in WASC, SSCE or GCE ‘O’ in one sitting, which must include Mathematics and English.
• Age: Not more than 25 years as of the 31st December 2010
The programme is open only to graduates who obtained their Bachelor’s degree in the last four years.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I met all the above requirements Except for my age, because i did not lie, am 27, and applied accordingly, only for me to get this mail today.

Oando Wetin i do na?, shocked cry angry
Re: Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Application by bayleaf(m): 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
you be mumu na. so you never hear of official age?
Re: Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Application by jibloh(m): 6:07am On Feb 03, 2011
You can say you met all the requirements when u did not meet only one of them. Oando was right to have said you did not meet the minimum requirements, good luck in other attemps
Re: Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Application by hiltino: 7:58am On Feb 03, 2011
@ Jibloh thanks for ur comment and encouragement. 'Man no die, man no rotten".

@ bayleaf i can understand ur a professional @ falsification of credentials,, wait a minute tell me, how you intend hiding your
age from your WAEC certificate, NYSC document, drivers licence etc, when they " Prospective employers "go verifying ur
credentials behind your back? You think it just ends with getting shortlisted for test or interview? People like you have no
experience whatsoever when it comes to recruitment, interviews and selection.

I'll rather not lie about my age and wait for my turn from God, than wangle my way thru the shortlisting phase and possibly test and then
get kicked out when it gets to verification of credentials phase. Nothing can be more frustrasting than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many people have graduated / will gradute in the last four years at 21yrs in this country with all the strike, JAMB, post-UME wahala
I graduated at 23yrs in 2006 after a 5yr course without strike, since then the job search has continued and i know there are lots of people out there who share the same fate.

Employers, please be rational, test everybody that meets the basic Tertiary requirement, whether
21,21,23,24,25,26,27 even ass far as 35, all can perform if given a chance.

Only God will help Nigerian graduates!
Re: Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Application by GboyegaD(m): 2:47pm On Feb 03, 2011
Most firms will rather put an age limit to reduce the number of older people joining the system at entry level. This is because there is a projection that at certain age, if you are still with the organisation and you are meeting the organisation's expectations of you, you must be at a certain level thus, trying to reduce the friction that may occur should you have a junior officer and a manager of same age in the organisation because sometimes, some people want to prove points in terms of age based on culture.
Re: Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Application by samsjoke(m): 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2011
bayleaf:

you be mumu na. so you never hear of official age?

@hiltino U did good. Another job will come. @bayleaf you cant call him mumu for giving his real age. Sometimes these things back fire at management level
Re: Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Application by AccoPen(m): 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2011
hiltino:

• Age: Not more than 25 years as of the 31st December 2010
• The programme is open only to graduates who obtained their Bachelor’s degree in the last four years.

Does this mean they want only candidates who graduated at the age of 21 and below? These people are joking.
Re: Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Application by chilliB(f): 12:28am On Feb 05, 2011
@hiltino, Dont worry cos your job's on the way. Pls dont falsify your age cos it'll still catch up with you sometime.
Has anyone heard anything about NDLEA?

(1) (Reply)

Recruitment At CS Offshore Integrated Services Limited - 7 Positions / Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW) / Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps Replacement. Help Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.