Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,899 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:23 PM

Must See: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is The G.O.A.T - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Must See: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is The G.O.A.T (663 Views)

Why Cristiano Ronaldo Rejoined Manchester United / Do You Know Why Cristiano Ronaldo Wears Long Sleeves Jersey? This Is Why... / Anthony Joshua: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is My Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must See: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is The G.O.A.T by Kranediggy(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2020
Before I start, ya'll know that there has been a lot of debates about who's the GOAT between the mighty Lionel Messi and the great Cristiano Ronaldo. CR7 began football after the era of an amazing guy who made the name 'Ronaldo' popular; am talking about Ronaldo Delima, but that didn't hinder CR7 from reigning and also outshining the Delima, before you rant check their records, and talk with facts. It's not an easy task to achieve all CR7 did in a 21st century football, give respect to whom it's due.

I start,

Cristiano Ronaldo has become the first player to score 25 goals in a season across Europe, that is ; Serie A, Premier League and La Liga, while he is now the first Juventus player to manage 25 league goals in a since campaign for 59 years. The 35-years-old has rediscovered some fine form, scoring in his last four matches and his stunning free-kick against Torino on Saturday took his Serie A tally to 25 then. Chai! Currently its 30+ goals!

AM NOT DONE YET! cheesy
Re: Must See: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is The G.O.A.T by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2020
Also the first player to be nominated for Balon D'or for 16 consecutive yrs

2 Likes

Re: Must See: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is The G.O.A.T by izuch(m): 5:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
Re: Must See: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is The G.O.A.T by Sabby1(m): 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Honestly, Cristiano Ronaldo is quite underrated. Most people forgot the fact that he started out as a midfielder with exceptional tricks, flicks and skills on the ball before becoming a phenomenal striker.
Some people even forgot how good he was with free kicks and dribbling.

I am not here to compare Messi and CR7. Both are brilliant footballers, but personally, considering the team and squad he has played with (both club and national team), I believe CR7 is the most complete forward ever and the GOAT.

Imagine a player that has scored over a hundred goals with his weaker foot (left foot), strong foot (right foot) and head

Haba! The guy deserves more respect and credit than he is getting

1 Like

Re: Must See: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is The G.O.A.T by Kranediggy(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2020
Continuation

After his prolific spells at Manchester United and Real Madrid, the Portuguese superstar has now netted 30 or more times ('cause league is still on) in the top flights of Italy, England and Spain.

Remarkably, no Juventus player had scored 25 league goals in a single season since 1961, when Omar Sivori scored 27 goals in the 1959/60 season and then 25 the following campaign (1961), but nearly 60 years went by before CR7 matched the achievement at 35.

Even the Italian Alessandro Del Piero, who is Juve's record scorer, with 290 to his name never scored more than 21 goals in a season over his epic stint at Juventus from 1993-2012. He managed 188 Serie A goals for Juventus and 290 in all competitions.

Ronaldo has already taken his own tally to 51 Serie A goals and 62 in all competitions for Juventus.

I don't need to add his 700+ goals and so on. Ronaldo has set records and made history in all the clubs he has played for. Are all these facts not enough to prove he's the GOAT fam?
Re: Must See: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is The G.O.A.T by paulolee(m): 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
guy forget all these long talks...currently lewandowski is the highest goal scorer in d world these season...51 goals this season and no other player comes close even if u add 10+ goals to Thiers..
Re: Must See: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is The G.O.A.T by Kranediggy(m): 9:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
paulolee:
guy forget all these long talks...currently lewandowski is the highest goal scorer in d world these season...51 goals this season and no other player comes close even if u add 10+ goals to Thiers..
That's not what we're talking about bro, we're talking about CR7's achievements that makes him the GOAT. cheesy
Re: Must See: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is The G.O.A.T by Kranediggy(m): 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sabby1:
Honestly, Cristiano Ronaldo is quite underrated. Most people forgot the fact that he started out as a midfielder with exceptional tricks, flicks and skills on the ball before becoming a phenomenal striker.
Some people even forgot how good he was with free kicks and dribbling.

I am not here to compare Messi and CR7. Both are brilliant footballers, but personally, considering the team and squad he has played with (both club and national team), I believe CR7 is the most complete forward ever and the GOAT.

Imagine a player that has scored over a hundred goals with his weaker foot (left foot), strong foot (right foot) and head

Haba! The guy deserves more respect and credit than he is getting
Indeed bro

1 Like

Re: Must See: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is The G.O.A.T by Danny50: 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
CR7 the real GOAT the orther guy na dwarf.
Re: Must See: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is The G.O.A.T by Kranediggy(m): 12:17am On Jul 07, 2020
Danny50:
CR7 the real GOAT the orther guy na dwarf.
LOL easy bro

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Reveals The Secrets Of His Success For Two Decades / Messi To Remain At Barça For Next Season / A MUST WIN GAME FOR TODAY@oct 12......check In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.