Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,635 members, 7,861,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:17 AM

Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead (60507 Views)

Nollywood Actor, Stanley Okoro Is Dead (Photos) / 'village Headmaster' Okoro Is Dead / Jimmy Wopo Shot Dead Within Hours Of Xxxtentacion Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Nmezor(f): 11:43am On Jul 09, 2020
Rest in peace to him
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by buzritchy: 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2020
Rest in peace Jimmy Johnson.

Nice and detail write up OP.

Used to watch it then as a young boy but didn't understand it.. Smiles

There should be a book written on this classic drama.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by naptu2: 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2020
Caveatemptor.

I've been searching for a video of my aunt for ages but I've had no luck. Our discussion inspired me to search for a picture instead and I found a picture of her in a 1969 edition of Daily Times that was posted online.

I sent it to my brother and I told him that someone called her Ekaette. He tried to remind me that Ekaette was a different person and that she was Bassey Okon's niece, while my aunt (Fathia Okon) was his daughter.

However, I can remember my aunt in the show quite well, but I still don't remember any Ekaette. Do you remember the name of the actress that played the part of Ekaette?
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Favour22amaka(f): 12:39pm On Jul 09, 2020
Sweeetheart:

Amaka clocked 23 first before jamtalk o, I'm not your uncle's age mate
mmmmm, actually Happy I look 23 even when we are age mate grin grin grin. No need arguing. Enjoy
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
May his soul Rest In Peace
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by mrchineke: 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
I hope they will bury him in igboland
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Sweeetheart(m): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
Favour22amaka:
mmmmm, actually Happy I look 23 even when we are age mate grin grin grin. No need arguing. Enjoy

Crabs! pretty Girl
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by LEOSZ(m): 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2020
Rip

Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by uglodoh(f): 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2020
I wish "The Village hmHeadmaster" could be brought back to screen.

RIP to the legend. He played the Okoro part flawlessly.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by uglodoh(f): 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
shakespere:
I think there was Sisi Clara and some catch words like 'sme sme' just hoping I am not mixing things up. I was very young. Started watching from the 80s
"Sme sme" was used by a house girl called Janet in "Mirror in the Sun".
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by earnit3: 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
really
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Mcreloaded(m): 3:03pm On Jul 09, 2020
Cock crow at dawn and Coco close and house number 14 comes to mind
Man is ancient now sha.

Where is uncle Gaga
Zemaie
Brutus.
With my fingers shaking and I still try to type as best as I can on this telephone without wire (ipone 10) I still wish sometimes I can watch a black and white TV.
It's not easy updating one self with the new gadgets these oyinbo people keep churning out every day make I no mention the update for the various Apps.
Back in the days life was real easy and sweet with your afro hair and keep Lagos clean trousers and let me not forget our men's high heels then we usually call the shoe gbogidi gbogida.

Sometimes I wish I can even relieve the fun of entering bole kaja.

To run babe then was so much fun highest na ghonorea and a few tablets or native medicine will do the trick, but now with aids I wonder how these young generation run girls and yet this young generation think we don't give head we dey clean plate finish ask your mother's or grand mother's lol.

The buba or blouse back then worn by our women hid lots of things but now I wonder how these half naked girls will hide pregnancy of 3 to 4 months before they remove it.
Life sweet back then imagine with 25 kobo you will buy green sand shandy, Titus aka queen of the coast and bread for your woman then and still have more than 5 kobo left to give your woman transport.
Who born me well to finish 20 kobo in a full day.
Children then don't know how sweet really tastes then compared to now, babadudu remains the best sweet ever. Babadudu jumbo to ba jumbo wa je eba je eba co fit so.
Lol.
Not to worry guys uncle coro is here to remove all these our old leaders gradually so you can enjoy your time
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Noblejohn32(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2020
Nazgul:
He came to us through the village headmaster.

He lived entertaining men, women and children who he'll never know.

Or favorite actor, we will never see his like again.
Now his watch has ended.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Ijoni: 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2020
Chief Afilaka was never seen without a toothpick in his mouth and Eleyinmi labelled him Chief Tain Tain, mimicking the sound that he makes when he is picking his teeth. Eleyinmi didn't like Chief Afilaka because he was richer than him.

Chief Eleyinmi usually call chief Afilaka Tayin Tayin which mean somebody who is always picking his teeth. You will see chief Afilaka putting his hands into his agbada in the middle of important conversation, you will be thinking he want to bring out something important to buttress his point, only to find out he is bringing out his tooth pick.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by sLentlover7778(m): 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2020
My silence means nobody has to know..

grin grin grin

marriagebyigbo:

Ur silence mean say u no fit gimme be dt oo undecided
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2020
sLentlover7778:
My silence means nobody has to know..

grin grin grin

Hmmm grin
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by rhames(m): 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
naptu2:

Bless you for bringing back od memories and your brief analysis of the programme. You are trulfy a member of my golden generfation.

Boss I may "steal" your knowlefdge to build a blog for the younger generation to learn some basic lessons of life from these oldf sitcoms.

Good work.

RIP Jimi Johnson, a true son of Lagos and a veteran actor.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Caveatemptor(m): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
naptu2:
Caveatemptor.

I've been searching for a video of my aunt for ages but I've had no luck. Our discussion inspired me to search for a picture instead and I found a picture of her in a 1969 edition of Daily Times that was posted online.

I sent it to my brother and I told him that someone called her Ekaette. He tried to remind me that Ekaette was a different person and that she was Bassey Okon's niece, while my aunt (Fathia Okon) was his daughter.

However, I can remember my aunt in the show quite well, but I still don't remember any Ekaette. Do you remember the name of the actress that played the part of Ekaette?

First off I must say it is so sad you cannot get much information on line about this programme.
As I remember it in the beginning of the Village headmaster there was Ted Mukoro as the headmaster. Elsie Olusola as Sisi Clara,his wife. Jab Adu as Bassey Okon. And a lady who played his daughter Ekaette.
This was the original cast. Any other actor or character was a later addition to the cast.
Unfortunately non of these videos of the first few episodes can be found.
I don't dispute that there might have been a Fathia Okon as a later addition to the programme but Fathia was definitely not the name of Bassey Okons daughter when the programme started as I recall it.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by naptu2: 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2020
Caveatemptor:

First off I must say it is so sad you cannot get much information on line about this programme.
As I remember it in the beginning of the Village headmaster there was Ted Mukoro as the headmaster. Elsie Olusola as Sisi Clara,his wife. Jab Adu as Bassey Okon. And a lady who played his daughter Ekaette.
This was the original cast. Any other actor or character was a later addition to the cast.
Unfortunately non of these videos of the first few episodes can be found.
I don't dispute that there might have been a Fathia Okon as a later addition to the programme but Fathia was definitely not the name of Bassey Okons daughter when the programme started as I recall it.

I think she started acting from the beginning. I do remember very well when she left the series in 1979 (she's been based in Paris since the mid-1980s). For information about the show you can check the Nigeria Nostalgia Project. That's where I just found a picture of my aunt. It's from a 1969 edition of the Sunday Times. I've also found out the name of the actress that played Ekaette. Her name was Betty Jackson (funny enough, it was a friend of mine that posted her name on the group. I need to talk to him later).

Interestingly I had forgotten that John Chukwu acted in the New Village Headmaster, but he is in the clip that I posted on the first page of this thread. Bassey Okon was the first owner of the shop, then Okoro took it over and then Boniface was the last owner of the shop before the show ended.

Here's a picture of Fathia Okon in a 1969 edition of the Sunday Times.

Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by DrObum(m): 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2020
naptu2:

Dormor Sir.
Epa, kooo.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by frozen70(f): 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
@ op
Your write up was super good and well detailed
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by stormborn28(m): 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
Sunset
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by sLentlover7778(m): 10:38am On Jul 10, 2020
Now that nobody's viewing this thread..

Oya send your aza.

grin grin grin

marriagebyigbo:

Hmmm grin
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 10, 2020
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by BreconHills(m): 11:32am On Jul 11, 2020
stagger:
When I remember those days (the 70s and 80s), I cry. Nigeria was making progress. We had sound education as kids, taught us by educationists trained abroad. My first headmaster was British trained. Most of my teachers were all foreign trained and the education we received was unbelievable.

Then IBB came to power and sent the country downhill. He introduced the settlement culture (buying of favours and loyalty) which has fully metamorphosed into the fraudulent mentality of Nigerian youths of today. Just too bad.

Very true.
Before then, large numbers of Nigerian university students would return from the UK in spite of only being a year or two away from full residence or PUR. That's how much we believed in Nigeria.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Pojomojo: 4:52am On Jul 26, 2020
Favour22amaka:
Do you have an email
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Favour22amaka(f): 8:16am On Jul 26, 2020
Pojomojo:
Do you have an email
yes I do , anything??
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Favour22amaka(f): 8:17am On Jul 26, 2020
Pojomojo:
Do you have an email
you can pm me.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Pojomojo: 11:18am On Aug 17, 2020
The mail i used for this email I cant access it.
Favour22amaka:
you can pm me.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Favour22amaka(f): 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
Pojomojo:
The mail i used for this email I cant access it.
so what can be done about it ? You can drop the message here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elvis Madu 'Eze Money' Gets Son A Matching BMW Jeep For His 1st Birthday / Origin Of Na Dem Dey Rush Us Trend (Fine Boys Like Us Na Dem Dey Rush Us) / Peruzzi Sex Video With Tobi, UNILAG Girl Leaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.