Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,984 members, 7,828,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus (3100 Views)

IELTS Exams / US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely / Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by maak400: 10:31am On Jul 09, 2020
Important update on Covid-19 for our exams
IELTS

To protect the health of test-takers and test day personnel in light of Coronavirus (Covid-19), as well as to comply with Nigerian Governments directives, British Council exams are suspended in Nigeria until further notice. The cancellation is effective immediately. All test takers scheduled to take exams in April will be notified of the suspension.

All test takers have been informed about the IELTS test cancellation.

To transfer your test to an alternate date or cancel your test and request a refund, contact us via exams.nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org . We will still be available for email enquiries, Additional TRFs (ATRF), Enquiry on Result (EOR) or other requests. Payment for EOR can be made to British Council Trading Services Ltd. Standard Chartered bank account as customers will be unable to raise bank drafts. Requests can be sent to mailto: exams.nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org

School exams

Furthermore, school exams CAIE May and June examination series have been cancelled. Both Checkpoint and other qualifications will no longer hold as scheduled. Communications have been sent to private candidates as well as the Schools. You can access the latest information from all three board on their website using the link below:

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/important-update-covid-19-our-exams

Mods let people be aware before booking and making payment o.
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by maak400: 10:32am On Jul 09, 2020
Despite suspending the exam indefinitely, they still allowed people to be booking and making payments, why is that?! At least they should have closed the booking and payment portal on their website till the suspension is lifted. This doesn’t make sense to me.

1 Like

Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by MERCHANDISER: 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
maak400:
Despite suspending the exam indefinitely, they still allowed people to be booking and making payments, why is that?! At least they should have closed the booking and payment portal on their website till the suspension is lifted. This doesn’t make sense to me.
Nawao and i just paid on Tuesday.
Please,how authentic is this news?
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by maak400: 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
Check the link

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/important-update-covid-19-our-exams
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by Hypnotise: 8:36am On Jul 10, 2020
I'm not so sure. I successfully registered for the Ielts exam and it's scheduled to take place on 25th of June.
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by MERCHANDISER: 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Hypnotise:
I'm not so sure. I successfully registered for the Ielts exam and it's scheduled to take place on 25th of June.
I registered on 7th of this month.See what they sent me

Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by farnet: 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
Can't anyone here see that the OP either didn't even read through what he posted or is just being mischievous. The said notice made reference to exams scheduled April/May, telling you that its indeed an old outdated notice perhaps wrote in April when lockdowns were been imposed. That suspension only subsists only during the lockdown periods. Just go ahead and book your tests

2 Likes

Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by Hypnotise: 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
MERCHANDISER:

I registered on 7th of this month.See what they sent me
Yours was also successful right? I registered through a 3rd party. Next thing is to start preparing for the exam.
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by MERCHANDISER: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
Hypnotise:

Yours was also successful right? I registered through a 3rd party. Next thing is to start preparing for the exam.
I didnt even know whether my registration was successful,i will goto their office on next week to table a complaint.
I applied through their office at Ogudun(Around Ojota),they presented this form to me,which i filled together with the duplicate of my intl passport.
I transfered 73k to their zenith bank account.They gave me a mail where i will send the proof of payment which i did.
Ever since then,haven't heard from them
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by Hypnotise: 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2020
MERCHANDISER:

I didnt even know whether my registration was successful,i will goto their office on next week to table a complaint.
I applied through their office at Ogudun(Around Ojota),they presented this form to me,which i filled together with the duplicate of my intl passport.
I transfered 73k to their zenith bank account.They gave me a mail where i will send the proof of payment which i did.
Ever since then,haven't heard from them
First remove your personal information from the Internet. As you said, it will be wise to go to their office to verify. But remember that scoring band 9 is also as important if not more than running around.
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by MERCHANDISER: 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2020
Hypnotise:

First remove your personal information from the Internet. As you said, it will be wise to go to their office to verify. But remember that scoring band 9 is also as important if not more than running around.
Thanks bro...
How are you preparing?
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by Hypnotise: 10:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
Thanks bro...
How are you preparing?
YouTube videos. Watch Chris pell on YouTube also visit goodluckielts.com
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by MERCHANDISER: 12:15am On Jul 11, 2020
Hypnotise:

YouTube videos. Watch Chris pell on YouTube also visit goodluckielts.com
When did you register and what message did you get confirming that your payment was successful and test date is scheduled on 15th?
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by Hypnotise: 12:19am On Jul 11, 2020
MERCHANDISER:

When did you register and what message did you get confirming that your payment was successful and test date is scheduled on 15th?
Initially I registered through Ielts.org and generated a payment advice however on second thoughts, I asked an expert to register on my behalf. My exam date is fixed for the 25th
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by maak400: 11:58am On Jul 11, 2020
farnet:
Can't anyone here see that the OP either didn't even read through what he posted or is just being mischievous. The said notice made reference to exams scheduled April/May, telling you that its indeed an old outdated notice perhaps wrote in April when lockdowns were been imposed. That suspension only subsists only during the lockdown periods. Just go ahead and book your tests
Has anyone written exam in Nigeria after lockdown was lifted?
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by farnet: 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2020
maak400:

Has anyone written exam in Nigeria after lockdown was lifted?

Yes...can confirm many that I know.. You can check this thread too
https://www.nairaland.com/1866942/ielts-share-experience-ask-questions/77
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by SamUchechi4(m): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2020
And me sef wan write the exam ooo chaiiii
MERCHANDISER:

1 Like

Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by movid(m): 9:26am On Jul 13, 2020
farnet:

Yes...can confirm many that I know.. You can check this thread too
https://www.nairaland.com/1866942/ielts-share-experience-ask-questions/77
Pls if I want to pay for ielts exam online, where do I go to avoid scammers. Or better still how can I be sure I'm not paying into scammers account online. Thanks for your reply as I'm awaiting it.
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by maak400: 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2020
movid:
Pls if I want to pay for ielts exam online, where do I go to avoid scammers. Or better still how can I be sure I'm not paying into scammers account online. Thanks for your reply as I'm awaiting it.
https://ieltsregistration.britishcouncil.org/test-chooser
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by stunning4real: 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2020
MOD IDP is still doing test back to back
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by stunning4real: 5:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
movid:
www.ielts.ng
The exam is 73k
Re: IELTS Exams Suspended In Nigeria Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus by stunning4real: 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
SamUchechi4:
And me sef wan write the exam ooo chaiiii
Register with MOD IDP they are testing back to back

(1) (Reply)

Visiting Nigeria With My Gf. . .any cheap places to stay? / Facts About Anambra State U Need To Know / Travel To Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.