Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,842 members, 7,851,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

Man Mistakenly Send N1.9m To A Wrong Account, Pleads With Gtbank For Help. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Mistakenly Send N1.9m To A Wrong Account, Pleads With Gtbank For Help. (930 Views)

Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? / How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Mistakenly Send N1.9m To A Wrong Account, Pleads With Gtbank For Help. by Ababbio: 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
A man identified as Adeyemi Saint has took to his twitter handle to plead with the Guarantee Trust Bank(GTB) on how he would get the sum of N1.9 million he mistakenly transfered into a wrong number.

According to him, he mistakenly tranfered the money to one Omobolanle Baruwa's account and plead with the bank to put him through on how he can get his money back, as he has been told the account which he sent the money to is inactive.

"I mistakenly transfered N1.9m to a wrong account from my GTbank account but I've been informed that the wrong account I send 1.9m to is inactive. How do I get my money back o? It's been almost a week now."

source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/2020/07/09/man-mistakenly-send-n1-9m-to-a-wrong-account-pleads-with-gtbank-to-help-him/

Screenshots below:

Re: Man Mistakenly Send N1.9m To A Wrong Account, Pleads With Gtbank For Help. by Ababbio: 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
lalasticala, mynd44, Dominique
please you guy should help to push to front page, the money is huge.
Re: Man Mistakenly Send N1.9m To A Wrong Account, Pleads With Gtbank For Help. by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
i can already picture the guy who received the money calling it a miracle, like:

[img]https://media1./images/62d7f1ded650eeac1a4a4323bf09be8e/tenor.gif[/img]

...and if we ask him to do whats right and send back the money, many Nigerians would be like:

[img]https://media1./images/91aba0b13dcb6d5cf57fa9856445dfc9/tenor.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Man Mistakenly Send N1.9m To A Wrong Account, Pleads With Gtbank For Help. by Kaolaniyi(m): 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2020
Get a lawyer and visit their branch asap
Re: Man Mistakenly Send N1.9m To A Wrong Account, Pleads With Gtbank For Help. by Beelion: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
You may need to involve the Police.
The same thing happened to me last year. I reported at GTBank and was told that the person had the money to his other account in another bank. They said have to wait for money to enter that account or report to the police to recover it for me by arresting him.
I did not bother because it wasn't worth the stress.

The clock is ticking and Jesus is calling. Do not ignore Him. Eternity is a long time to spend without Jesus.
1. Acknowledge that you are a sinner and repent of your sins genuinely.
2. Ask Him to come your heart/confess Him as Lord
3. Ask Him to wash you with His blood
4. Congratulations! You are now a child of God.
5. Pray to God and read the bible daily
6. Pray to God to lead you to a Bible believing church.
Re: Man Mistakenly Send N1.9m To A Wrong Account, Pleads With Gtbank For Help. by Kemimarch16(f): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2020
I think he can use standing order from court to get his money back
Re: Man Mistakenly Send N1.9m To A Wrong Account, Pleads With Gtbank For Help. by LongLife4all: 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
How do people make that kind of mistake? I don't get it. Like when you already have to verify the name and other information before pressing 'send'?

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Send N1.9m To A Wrong Account, Pleads With Gtbank For Help. by Ababbio: 7:21pm On Jul 09, 2020
Lalasticala
Re: Man Mistakenly Send N1.9m To A Wrong Account, Pleads With Gtbank For Help. by Ababbio: 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2020
Lalasticala,
Re: Man Mistakenly Send N1.9m To A Wrong Account, Pleads With Gtbank For Help. by jayaim: 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2020
U no well i swear grin
MrBrownJay1:
i can already picture the guy who received the money calling it a miracle, like:

[img]https://media1./images/62d7f1ded650eeac1a4a4323bf09be8e/tenor.gif[/img]

...and if we ask him to do whats right and send back the money, many Nigerians would be like:

[img]https://media1./images/91aba0b13dcb6d5cf57fa9856445dfc9/tenor.gif[/img]

(1) (Reply)

/ I Have Been Scammed!!!please Help / Rock Nft Airdrop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.