Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG (22946 Views)

NECO Tells FG: We Need N2 Billion To Conduct Next Exams / You’re Insincere, Deceptive, ASUU Tells FG / Hadiza Saddik Mahuta Graduates As Best Student From University Of West England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by gunners160(m): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2020
Ketone01:
but opening of markets will not go south
No, it will go North
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by Harbdulrasaq(m): 11:57am On Jul 10, 2020
Keyboard activists condemning the government and failing to rationalize their thoughts!

1. Minister for state education never gave official statement on when WAEC SSCE was starting; he mentioned it in a meeting though as he is part of COVID19 committee and they had plans to help graduating students graduate and it filtered out

2. WAEC is greedy and bent on money making; GCE form is out and yet WAEC has not been written! They claimed in their statement they had meeting with Nigeria which obviously they did not!

3. After WAEC, what becomes of the students? They go back home so which is better? Allow them resume like a month before the exams then prepare properly or just resume to write the exam for the purpose of writing sake! I’m sure no tertiary institution will take in new students this academic year again; so it’s not for the purpose of higher learning we want to rush the exam

4. WAEC did not release a timetable

We know coronavirus might be around for a long time; but at least let’s thread with caution!

Academically, this year is gone! It’s better we plan for how to live with the virus and not rush to do things all in the name of doing things!!!!
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by gunners160(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2020
Harbdulrasaq:
Keyboard activists condemning the government and failing to rationalize their thoughts!

1. Minister for state education never gave official statement on when WAEC SSCE was starting; he mentioned it in a meeting though as he is part of COVID19 committee and they had plans to help graduating students graduate and it filtered out

2. WAEC is greedy and bent on money making; GCE form is out and yet WAEC has not been written! They claimed in their statement they had meeting with Nigeria which obviously they did not!

3. After WAEC, what becomes of the students? They go back home so which is better? Allow them resume like a month before the exams then prepare properly or just resume to write the exam for the purpose of writing sake! I’m sure no tertiary institution will take in new students this academic year again; so it’s not for the purpose of higher learning we want to rush the exam

4. WAEC did not release a timetable

We know coronavirus might be around for a long time; but at least let’s thread with caution!

Academically, this year is gone! It’s better we plan for how to live with the virus and not rush to do things all in the name of doing things!!!!
How much were you paid to convince us?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by Pacesetter123(m): 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2020
Iphupa:

Stop thinking with your anus..you just spew thrash to gullible readers..what's the population of this countries you are talking about,what's Nigeria testing rate..go and do your home work..those countries can't match nigerias population,how many students are writing exams in Nigeria compared to those in the aforementioned countries
I wonder weda some of u do take ogogoro before analyzing issues.Wot an elementary line of thought!
So because China's population is higher than Nigeria's own, for instance,means China should observe lockdown while Nigeria shouldn't? If it was because of population as u said,it means smaller countries of the world shouldn't av observed de lockdown protocol at de peak of the corona bw April and May since dey won't be affected.It should av only bin de populous countries alone dat observe it.If those smaller countries can manage their own situation in dia own little way,u de acclaimed big country is inexcusable.Everybody is affected by this pandemic in his own perculiar way.Manage ur own,I manage my own.Dia own resources are not the same with your's.To whom much is given,much is equally expected.I hate lame excuses.
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by Holarbams(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
This is insane!!!!;>
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by Holarbams(m): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
gunners160:
No, it will go North
What of west and east oooo
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by famzynet: 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
We just have useless people in government. They don't care about the future of these children. Vaccine is not coming out soon so will they withhold WASSCE. forever. Just fools in government. What sense does it make opening mosques and churches but preventing students from writing their WASSCE . They are not concerned because their children write A level and not WASSCE.
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by famzynet: 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
[quote We know coronavirus might be around for a long time; but at least let’s thread with caution!

Academically, this year is gone! It’s better we plan for how to live with the virus and not rush to do things all in the name of doing things!!!![/quote]

Are our leaders making any plans? They are not.
WASSCE should hold. Coronavirus is here with us even for the next 2 years.
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by Godisallgood: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
benawi:
What's the point of writing Waec when they will not resume school this year?
You people just come online to comment without disecting the whole issues,u would as well ask thesame question to the tertiary institution why are they a selling post ume form when majority of the intake are using this waec result for admission? Or u are not in nigeria!
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by Kubernetes: 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2020
Pacesetter123:
Who told you they didn't put Nigeria in the know? So they junior minister of education and they PTF dat announced de commencement dates of the exams were Camerunians?

Nigeria is a lawless country in terms of following rules n regulations.
WAEC cannot guarantee that social distancing especially in an exam condition.
The minister said it's better to loose a year than to endanger the lives of the students.
I quite agree to his reason.
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by ALARAPE22(m): 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
989900:
Who is alive and healthy would write or conduct exams.

If reopening schools go south, can those agitating for reopening bring back lives, can they even fund the healthcare bills of those that may be affected?

Why Now? Even if you are benefiting from this corona of a thing you should have brain for once now. loosing a whole year because of virus that did not stop our politicians from conducting election and you are here writing grama. Think Now.....No just comment for comment sake.

1 Like

Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by 989900: 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2020
ALARAPE22:

[s]Why Now? Even if you are benefiting from this corona of a thing you should have brain for once now. loosing a whole year because of virus that did not stop our politicians from conducting election and you are here writing grama. Think Now.....No just comment for comment sake.[/s]
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by angelEmade: 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
gunners160:
comments like this makes me wonder if actually the leaders are the problem of this country or the followers.
Have you been to the market during this corona era, did you die? Do you knw how crowded churches and mosques are now, did the pastor or imam die?
So because of their is corona the whole nation should stop functioning habi? Do you knw how many come online on Nairaland seeking financial assistance and even have to forgo pride?
Please let Us stop this selfish attitude. the fact say e no affect u Does not give u the right to post non sense
you are a very wise nairalander
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by 989900: 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2020
fairfora:
If the precautionary measures are in place, same way they are now reopening airports and conduct elections, there's nothing bad in allowing the finalists write their exams. If they had told us they were not prepared for it, it's understandable. Hope you are aware that Cambridge Exams and other international exams would still hold this year and some of their ( the politicians) children were enrolled for this.

While all other categories of students would be home, there would be enough classrooms to guarantee social distancing and conducive environments to write the said exams as most classes would be empty during this period . A Mallam heading that ministry was an error in the first place because they do not value education. Their antecedents have shown. Those who valued education have said it all...they should write member countries who are prepared and tell them Nigerian government is the cause and NOT the pandemic. People have chosen to live the new normal way in spite of this. Why not suspend reopening of airport and elections too?

Oyo State has instructed Primary 6, JS3, and SS3 back to school. As parents, while SS3 students 'might' be able to observe some of the observables, how about Primary 6 and JS3 students, can they? And kids that age are vulnerable.
Opening of schools is symbolic, it's a way of saying the virus is defeated.

While I won't support cancellation of WAEC exams for the year, an arrangement for rescheduling can be reached with the examination body, especially since the virus is global.
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by 989900: 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2020
crazygod:

It seems you don't know the degree or extent of the damage this will cause if exams are not written. The exams is meant for this year. Students paid money to write exams this year. That is an agreement. If its not written and other countries write their own, where will students get another money to write exam again for next year? Money paid for this year can't be carried over.

The degree of loss would never be as bad as death.

Oyo State has instructed Primary 6, JS3, and SS3 back to school. As parents, while SS3 students 'might' be able to observe some of the observables, how about Primary 6 and JS3 students, can they? And kids that age are vulnerable.

While I won't support cancellation of WAEC exams for the year, an arrangement for rescheduling can be reached with the examination body, especially since the virus is global.
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by 9gerian: 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
Even if they have to move the exam date forward to allow some special preparation by the students, it is better than mothers swing the exams while other nations write.

jarawa:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/wassce-call-meeting-of-west-african-nations-waec-afenifere-tells-fg.html
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by mosesojc: 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2020
may god help us
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by 989900: 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2020
gunners160:
comments like this makes me wonder if actually the leaders are the problem of this country or the followers.
Have you been to the market during this corona era, did you die? Do you knw how crowded churches and mosques are now, did the pastor or imam die?
So because of their is corona the whole nation should stop functioning habi? Do you knw how many come online on Nairaland seeking financial assistance and even have to forgo pride?
Please let Us stop this selfish attitude. the fact say e no affect u Does not give u the right to post non sense

I should say the same for you.

Safety first in all situations . . . I could say a million things to help you see why it would be a bad decision to reopen schools now, but time I don't have for the back and forth.
However, we'll be here to see how this turns out -- time will tell.
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2020
Go to de market and see how people are rubbing and almost hugging each oda.
Is there social distance in your market?
So, why cant we open the schools?
Some are even saying Afeniferi can't handle de medical bills if corona multiplies. It's not school stopping it from multiplying, infact some of u reading here ve gotten corona and recover.
Open the schools, let their be no social distance.
Only God is keeping us in AFRICA, especially Nigeria
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by 989900: 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ketone01:
but opening of markets will not go south

Do you send 10 year olds to market in this corona?
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by smallboy2000(m): 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
hmmmmmmm
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by crazygod(m): 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
989900:

The degree of loss would never be as bad as death.

Adults are more vulnerable to the virus. Besides, this kids that everyone seems to feel should be 'protected', can they also protect them from parents that go out to work everyday? And don't tell me that adults know how to handle themselves, have you been to the markets lately? You call that taking precautions?

1 Like

Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by akezn: 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
And who said Nigeria was not consulted and carried along before that date was arrived at?

Was the Minister of Education in coma when the PTF and the junior minister were planning the reopening for exam classes all along?

Was the minister sleeping when WAEC had series of meeting with representatives of all member states in The Gambia, and agreed on that period for the exam?

Why didnt he say it from the beginning?

I dont blame the minister, but the so called president who I have finally come to believe is not in control of anything happening in this country because he was briefed the same day the PTF made the announcement for the reopening.

Schools cannot open for children to write their exams, but elections can hold in Edo and Ondo states where their parents can go out and vote, and come back and meet the children at home, Churches and markets can open, and the same children that are not safe to write exams, attend church services and go to the markets to buy and help their parents to sell, and even visit themselves.

[Qquote author=Kubernetes post=91569248]NIGERIA is sovereign,as such WAEC cannot dictate to us,our Educational policy without putting the Fed gvt in the know.[/quote]
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by 989900: 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2020
crazygod:

Adults are more vulnerable to the virus. Besides, this kids that everyone seems to feel should be 'protected', can they also protect them from parents that go out to work everyday? And don't tell me that adults know how to handle themselves, have you been to the markets lately? You call that taking precautions?

So, you truly believe kids can observe the observables better than adults (regardless of how poorly the adults are handling the situation)?
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by crazygod(m): 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
989900:

So, you truly believe kids can observe the observables better than adults (regardless of how poorly the adults are handling the situation)?
Yes I believe. Under supervision of teachers.
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by arinzos(m): 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
Cancelling this Year's WASSCE is not Nice at all.
FG should Look for a way to Make it work. I am Sure FG is aware before the Date was Agreed on by the Council.

All of you saying they should not sit for this Year's Exam are just Plain Ignorant.
The bone of contention here is not even to Reopen school(because that one will take Like forever) rather, to allow SS3 students sit for their WASSCE.

We all should tell the Government to do the Needful.if they can prepare for Elections,i am sure they can Make these Students Sit for their Exams.

Stupid and Useless Government!
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by 989900: 1:50pm On Jul 10, 2020
crazygod:

Yes I believe. Under supervision of teachers.

OK. cheesy
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by Enemyofpeace: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2020
amaham:
I wonder why minister , minister of state, and ptf coordinator keep giving different info on same issue. I believe the adamu minister deserve a sack, what arrant nonsense. He's just ego tripping maybe they didn't inform him before taking resumption decisions.
that is to tell you that there is no government in Nigeria
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by akezn: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2020
It baffles me how our politicians reason at times.

Telling us about protecting the children as if they are actually protecting the children. The question is, are these children really at home? Are they not the same children we see roaming the streets, playing football, visiting themselves, going to markets and places of worship?

The one in my compound preparing for WAEC, will leave the house immediately the parents leave for work and will not not return sometimes till in the evening

So what exactly is the reason for not writing the exam?

1 Like

Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by labelle123(f): 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
Sometimes I ask myself how did we arrive here? Are the governments saying there is no covid_19 in the market but in the school shmmmmm
Re: WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG by justine14: 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
989900:
Who is alive and healthy would write or conduct exams.

If reopening schools go south, can those agitating for reopening bring back lives, can they even fund the healthcare bills of those that may be affected?

This is one of the problems we faced in this nation. What exactly do you mean by goes south.

If you lack understanding, then simply ask or seek for it. So you are in support of that rash and terse announcement by the minister who doesn't know a thing about education.

My cousins about 5 goes to a lesson centre with more than 30 children and yet nobody at home has tested or contracted covid-19.

So next year. this students would make another payment for WAEC registration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool debate Elimination stage Winner 1: Unijos / Subsidy Removal: Public Institutions To The Rescue As Parents Dump Private Schoo / Nairaland Interschool Debate Third Edition Participation Thread...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.