Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! (1901 Views)

Esports Kicking Off In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by texazzpete(m): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2007
All Xbox 360 owners rejoice! Gamespot just did the second episode of their 360 vs PS3 head-to-head and guess what?
The PS3's getting its arse whupped (albeit by a small margin) in most of the multiplatform games tested.

Check out http://www.gamespot.com/features/6171831/index.html
for the full article.

hey! Wait a fricking minute! why do i even care when i have a ps3 and 360?!
Re: Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by dakmanzero(m): 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2007
Good question!

In fact nowadays with the ps3 being so soundly beaten, I am tempted to switch sides.

Why? because we all knew sony would screw up, but I had no idea they would fail so utterly horribly and miserably. If the ps3 does not succeed at least a little bit, there will be no competition for xbox360. And we know how lazy microsoft gets with no competition.

If Sony dies and Nintendos current rollercoaster success implodes under the weight of a thousand casual game ripoffs, MS will be left in total dominance of gaming with no antitrust laws! NIGHTMARE SCENARIO!!!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

In a way sony caused this by hyping the ps3 and telling so many lies. I wonder where neoteny and the other ps3 fanboys are now, when our technical arguments have finally yielded fruit- all that cell/RSX jargin was complete NONSENSE and the 360 is just as powerful if not more than, the ps3. And 200dollars cheaper.
Re: Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by Tonex(m): 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2007
Don't worry about the PS 3. Sony will still come good eventually. By the way, the PS 3 is 2 times more powerful than the X 360 and the Wii. Also only the PS 3 has the blue ray technology, which works like a charm if u have a hi-def tv. Graphically, you cannot compare PS 3 with any other console on hi-def screens. So on the whole it is better. With time, Sony will rectify all the problems and be number 1 again. It doesn't matter how u start, but how u finish. Ciao.
Re: Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by dakmanzero(m): 7:13pm On Jun 18, 2007
Sorry, tonex, but there is NOTHING on ps3 that looks as good as gears of war on a hidef screen

And games that appear on ps3 and 360 still look better on the 360, more than 6 months after launch. Check the link in the OP.

The ps3 is not even 1.2 times as powerful as 360, talk less of 2 times. All that grammar about cell was just smoke from crazy ken's arse, and now he's been fired.

The ps3's only trump cards are 50gb discs and a guaranteed hard drive. The 360 relies on 9GB discs and may/may not have a hard drive. But these are storage, not image quality issues. Bluray wont do squat for image quality.
Re: Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by Cactus(m): 11:25pm On Jun 19, 2007
Development/architecture from xbox to xbox360 still follow the same trend however from ps 2 - ps3, well u to pretty much re-engineer the architecture and development framework. Who cares if 360 is beating ps3 NOW. Think about the longterm xbox will still require one more version release to catch up with the technology of ps3 for now. by then the ps3 will have gone way ahead.

and now everyone is complaining that development for the ps3 is difficult well, guess what don't complain and embrace the new platform to fully utilize all its potential, graphics, system etc. it may take some time for the ps3's full potential to be realized. it is not just an overnight thing to happen. assuming Microsoft also changed its architecture dramatically, well xbox and ps3 will be in the same boat.

Also, in terms of pricing. well it is publicly known that sony is an expensive brand to buy duh. well sony in my opinion gives you good quality product that you can rely on. that is just from my own experience with sony products raining from laptops, pdas, cameras, and mp3 players including psp.

so just cut the fuss about sony's ps3 which ever you can buy or afford to play good luck to u. debating from now till tomorrow will not change anything the only thing that can be changed is the pricing which sony is apparently taking into consideration by december this year.

enjoy your consoles and stop bullying

xbox Live or Sony Place which is better
Re: Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by dakmanzero(m): 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2007
Xbox live is the top online gaming service right now, bar none. Sony may catch up with the interface of PShome, but it remains to be seen if they can support the infrastructure.

MS using XNA to streamline development is part of their genius. Sony placing barriers to entry for ps2 developers is just a bad business move.

However my point is that, barring the storage medium, the ps3 and 360 are VERY VERY CLOSE in terms of raw potential,  and if the technology for today's games is a yardstick, the 360 is SUPERIOR. Supporting my argument:

1)
RSX is on paper faster than Xenos. However, xenos uses direct access to system memory AND unified shaders. RSX uses dedicated shaders and needs to transfer data across a bus from main to video memory. In practice, the Xenos' method is better and more efficient, and in real world terms, games are looking better on 360 than PS3 even 6 months plus after the ps3's launch. By comparision, N64 games looked better than ps1 games AT LAUNCH, ps2 games looked better than DC games AT LAUNCH (minus jaggies), xbox games looked better than ps2 games at launch.

2)
Cell is a single core ppc with seven vector units. Xenon is a triple core ppc. Sony's argument is that the single core of the cell is clocked higher than xenon, and that the vector units give it xxxxxx gigaflops or whatever. In practce however, programmable shaders on the graphics units have made vector units on the processor a waste of time. They dont even help with physics. This isn't PS2.

3)
Then theres the issue of 1 4mhz core vs 3 3.6mhz cores. Well, games like quake4 and supreme commander have shown that multicore DOES matter with games, so the 360 has more horsepower!

My point is that even when the ps3's power is unlocked, the 360 will still compete and even beat it. The ps3's only real advantage is bluray for 50gigs versus 9gigs for dvd, and guaranteed harddrive. finish!
Re: Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by samir101ng(m): 5:04pm On Jun 25, 2007
My Guys, all these talk of Gigaflops, Xenon and what have you is giving me a headache. As an avid gamer, i judge a game console by the tittles of the games which it has to offer on its platform and i ask anybody to prove that the Xbox 360 has a better game line up than the PS3. I mean what Sony can realise from the sales of Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry, Killzone and the rest of its other awesomw titles will beat the Xbox 360 by far. The PS3 has a better games lineup than the 360 and that my people is what will draw the people to the PS3. As a fair minded person, i will concede the fact the PS3 is a lot more expensive than the 360 and its not just about any bullshit like quality.
Re: Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by dakmanzero(m): 10:59am On Jun 26, 2007
U just killed yourself with your own argument my friend.

The 360's lineup, both released and UNRELEASED, kills the ps3 DEAD.

There are only THREE standout ps3-only titles on the horizon left. Almost all the others have jumped ship.

GTA4- coming to 360 same day including enhancements.
devil may cry 4 - coming to 360 FIRST
Assasins creed- no longer ps3 exclusive
Virtua fighter 5- no longer ps3 exclusive
soulcalibur 4 - no longer ps3 exclusive

the list just goes on. The ps3 now has only a few games that arent already on 360, and the games it shares with 360 look better on Xbox.

here are the 3 games:

1) Killzone: This one should be taken with a pinch of salt. killzone 1 was supposed to be the ps2's halo-killer but was a huge flop. Killzone 2 has already been confirmed to look NOTHING like the trailer that sony fooled all u people with.

2) MGS4- the big hope for PS3. If this game fails, ps3 is dead

3) Final fantasy 13: Since all the big names in charge of FF have abandoned sony to go and work for microsoft (under the new name mistwalker), this game is shaping up to be a gigantic failure. Any real RPG fan knows that FF12 is really vagrant story 2 with a new name. They cant pull that trick twice.

If you want to talk about games, the 360 kills the PS3 DEAD.
Re: Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by realmajid(m): 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2007
GTA IV is not only coming to xbox 360. Exclusive GTA 4 episodic contents are planned for only the xbox360 (though it's rumoured that Microsoft paid $50 million dollars for that).

It's even speculated that MGS4 may be ported over to the 360 6 months after its ps3 launch.

Check out any game sites for the preview of 360 exclusives like Mass Effect, Fable 2 and youywill confirm what DMZ is saying.

The only war PS3 is winning so far is hi-def movie war or blu-ray vs HD-DVD.
If it's the war in hi-def gaming/game line-ups and exclusives, just check the net, u'll know that the ps3 is lagging way behind the 360.
Re: Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by echowords(m): 2:13am On Jun 29, 2007
So Assassins Creed is coming to 360, cheesy and PS3 boys were making noice about that one.
Hopefully Bungie would not disappoint with Halo 3.
Re: Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by WaffenSS(m): 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2021
dakmanzero:
Good question!

In fact nowadays with the ps3 being so soundly beaten, I am tempted to switch sides.

Why? because we all knew sony would screw up, but I had no idea they would fail so utterly horribly and miserably. If the ps3 does not succeed at least a little bit, there will be no competition for xbox360. And we know how lazy microsoft gets with no competition.

If Sony dies and Nintendos current rollercoaster success implodes under the weight of a thousand casual game ripoffs, MS will be left in total dominance of gaming with no antitrust laws! NIGHTMARE SCENARIO!!!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

In a way sony caused this by hyping the ps3 and telling so many lies. I wonder where neoteny and the other ps3 fanboys are now, when our technical arguments have finally yielded fruit- all that cell/RSX jargin was complete NONSENSE and the 360 is just as powerful if not more than, the ps3. And 200dollars cheaper.

Neoteny here.

You were saying?
Re: Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by WaffenSS(m): 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
dakmanzero:
U just killed yourself with your own argument my friend.

The 360's lineup, both released and UNRELEASED, kills the ps3 DEAD.

There are only THREE standout ps3-only titles on the horizon left. Almost all the others have jumped ship.

GTA4- coming to 360 same day including enhancements.
devil may cry 4 - coming to 360 FIRST
Assasins creed- no longer ps3 exclusive
Virtua fighter 5- no longer ps3 exclusive
soulcalibur 4 - no longer ps3 exclusive

the list just goes on. The ps3 now has only a few games that arent already on 360, and the games it shares with 360 look better on Xbox.

here are the 3 games:

1) Killzone: This one should be taken with a pinch of salt. killzone 1 was supposed to be the ps2's halo-killer but was a huge flop. Killzone 2 has already been confirmed to look NOTHING like the trailer that sony fooled all u people with.

2) MGS4- the big hope for PS3. If this game fails, ps3 is dead

3) Final fantasy 13: Since all the big names in charge of FF have abandoned sony to go and work for microsoft (under the new name mistwalker), this game is shaping up to be a gigantic failure. Any real RPG fan knows that FF12 is really vagrant story 2 with a new name. They cant pull that trick twice.

If you want to talk about games, the 360 kills the PS3 DEAD.

Uncharted and Last of Us beg to differ.

Decades later you're as wrong as you were on the first day.
Re: Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by arazanbal: 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2021
bro nor compare Microsoft and PlayStation now again in this 21century regarding console and game exclusives ooo, many studios like besethda wy first dy do exclusives for PS don jump ship as MS don buy dem. Microsoft don vex. try and rewatch Microsoft E3 2021 that was aired yesterday, the exclusive coming to Microsoft nor be here ooo

WaffenSS:

Uncharted and Last of Us beg to differ.

Decades later you're as wrong as you were on the first day.
Re: Xbox 360 Still Kicking Ps3's Arse Graphically! by Bolubaba(m): 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
Make Microsoft buy NAUGHTY DOG. The best game I've played so far on the consoles is THE LAST OF US. But I'll always love the Xbox.

(1) (Reply)

Game Centre 4 Sale / The Upcoming PS4 Games For 2016 / How Much Does It Cost To Repair YLOD PS3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.