Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach (12111 Views)

2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup: We’re Not Prepared – Super Falcons Coach / WAFCON 2022: I’m Proud Of My Team – Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum / Thomas Dennerby Resigns As Super Falcons Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by robosky02(m): 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
Former Super Falcons Head Coach Thomas Dennerby has started making subtle moves to get back the job he abandoned last year to take up appointment as coach of India national Under-17 side, Completesports.com reports.

Completesports.com’s investigation revealed that the Swede who led the Super Falcons to the Second Round of the FIFA Women’s World Cup in France before moving to India, according to a member of the NFF Technical and Development Committee, is desperate to return to Nigeria and lead country’s women national team to the 2023 World Cup.

“I can confirm to you that Dennerby is still interested in coaching Super Falcons. He has been sending emissaries to big wigs of the Federation about his intention to return to the job. He has also been asking some senior national team players to insist on his return instead of hiring a new coach,” the source told Completesports.com

“He wants us to keep the job waiting for him till after the FIFA Under-17 World Cup to be hosted in India in March 2021. He has forgotten that his sudden departure on the eve of our Olympic qualifiers cost us the chance of qualifying for the Games. He left us before the end of his contract.

He added: “Dennerby even turned deaf ears to appeals made to him to reject the India job and guide the Super Falcons through the Olympic qualifiers with an improved contract by the new Sports Minister, Mr Sunday Dare. Who is he? He is not indispensable, so we would not reconsider his return to Super Falcons.

“We have moved on and all things being equal, we should be announcing a new coach of Super Falcons and other age grade teams soon,” our source concluded.

https://www.completesports.com/dennerby-plots-to-return-as-super-falcons-coach/

Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
Pls NFF should bring him back. Cool man. Met him at the Abuja International Airport when he went there to receive his wife. Easy going man, I must admit.

7 Likes

Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by majamajic(m): 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
They should bring him back
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by robosky02(m): 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
NockMedia:
Pls NFF should bring him back. Cool man. Met him at the Abuja International Airport when he went there to receive his wife. Easy going man, I must admit.

Very true

One of the best thing that happened to our female football

But politics kicked him out and they couldn't qualify for ...

3 Likes

Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by GboyegaD(m): 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
That will be nice. Hopefully, NFF go behave this time.
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by noble71(m): 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
shocked
Very nice guy but 9ja football politics kicked him out.

Meanwhile BUY/SELL your ETHEREUM with us.
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by heckymaicon(m): 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2020
Very bad for his profile. Is he ready to do their bidding in the corrupt glass house?
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by Ferguson100(m): 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2020
Bring him back please
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by GOFRONT(m): 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Cant wait
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2020
He's ok.Pls bring him back.
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by martineverest(m): 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
NockMedia:
no one asked u to narrate ur epistle

4 Likes

Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by EMXTAN1(m): 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
Dont have any thing 2 say
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by paulolee(m): 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
bad move.....everybody above me is jus sayin trash...the man looked cool and really did a nice job with the falcons but I don't see any reason Y they should bring him back..
it seems you guys have forgotten how he dumped the falcons despite the pleading from Nigerias dt loved his good work, he dumped our asses to a more lucrative indian job saying that corruption is too much in the glass house as his cheap excuse and we ended up not qualifying for dt tournament
now he have realized dt mayb the grass is more greener on this side and now he e wants to have the said "corrupt job" dt he once dished back
mk we self try get sense small na, we all know he cant try dt with any European contry or even S.A or ghana here.....or is it because he is Swedish or what
i can bet my balls dt they are some local coaches dt can mk the falcons dominate in the world just as they have conquered Africa countless times..
he should jus stay where he is...make we face front abeg..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by goshen26: 7:45pm On Jul 10, 2020
Y

May be has a p.nt in the team he want to see....

Well, I don't trust NFF guys. You dance to their tune they keep, you object their bad dealings they kick you out...

Dennerby, oya come back... I will speak to baba PMB on ur behalf, so u won't need NFF for ur job like Westerholf then that would meet Abacha any time he feel like

1 Like

Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by Sacchi1162(m): 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
He wasn't bad at all but wait so he left our national team to go and coach under 17?? grin
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by AmadorSays: 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
come back where? we are supposed to be trying out other options please before he will bail out on us again when we need him the most.
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by tillaman(m): 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2020
angry
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by visijo(m): 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2020
If palliative was to be shared alphabetical according to people name
Wat is dat ur name again
Mine is Amiracle

1 Like

Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by martineverest(m): 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
Sacchi1162:
He wasn't bad at all but wait so he left our national team to go and coach under 17?? grin
really surprising
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by paulolee(m): 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
Sacchi1162:
leave dose clowns...dm no go even answer am self
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by paulolee(m): 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2020
goshen26:
Y

May be has a p.nt in the team he want to see....

Well, I don't trust NFF guys. You dance to their tune they keep, you object their bad dealings they kick you out...

Dennerby, oya come back... I will speak to baba PMB on ur behalf, so u won't need NFF for ur job like Westerholf then that would meet Abacha any time he feel like
come back to where
na xo him good reach how many cups e win with falcons
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by paulolee(m): 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2020
Cheddaraimer:
He's ok.Pls bring him back.
abegi...leave dt man....na scammer him be...
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by paulolee(m): 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ferguson100:
Bring him back please
u can take him in ur local club or have him in man.u..
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by dedons: 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
The Abino should be arrested if he ever set his feet on our Nigerian soil ever again.
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by dedons: 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
NockMedia:
So he should be brought back because he went to the airport to receive his wife?

4 Likes

Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by paulolee(m): 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2020
robosky02:

Very true

One of the best thing that happened to our female football

But politics kicked him out and they couldn't qualify for ...
guy get ur facts right...there is nothing dt he did for falcons dt they havent done before...u guy's talking asif he won the world cup..

2 Likes

Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by paulolee(m): 7:58pm On Jul 10, 2020
NockMedia:
because he is easy going dts Y he dumped us for Indian u-17 team abi....Y him no stay there and build Y coming back again
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by bigtt76(f): 7:58pm On Jul 10, 2020
He didn't just wake up and abandoned the team ....there was a reason and subsequent coaches of the team faced similar issues too so don't behave as if all was well and he decided to just leave. Handling another team is added advantage to Nigeria if they bring him back. If you chose not, then ensure you employ someone more qualified than him ....nonsense people! angry

robosky02:

https://www.completesports.com/dennerby-plots-to-return-as-super-falcons-coach/
Re: Thomas Dennerby Plots To Return As Super Falcons Coach by goshen26: 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
paulolee:

come back to where
na xo him good reach how many cups e win with falcons

Brow, we de fight?

That tone of Urs is scary ooo

Oya, no vet.... Dennerby not coming back ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aston Villa Confirm Signing Of Manchester United Defender, Tuanzebe On Loan / f / Berti Vogts Must Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.