Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly (1149 Views)

I Need Any Kind Of Tokunbo Pick -up As A Swap For My Tokunbo Corrolla 2007 / Can I Cut A Master Key For My Tokunbo Car / I Need Help, My Car Battery Is Draining Itself! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by hapiaka: 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2020
Happy sunday,
pls Nairalander help me, i bought a Toyota Siena 02 less than 3 weeks ago.
when we bought the car we drove it down to ibadan, i gave it
To mechanic to fix brake pads, changes spring and chek the arms e.t.c
To a painter to do some touching so after like a week the battery was giving issues while we were still doing some finishing work on it. we will use another battery ti jump start it (starting it with another battery then put my own into me it), i realize my battery will not still start after running the car for about 20-30 mins.
so i bought another battery and things seems normal, went to rewire to, run a scan (ABS light is on dashborad since we got the car and the scan showed that the letf hand side of the front Tyre sensor was no tightened which was tightened and the light goes off) fix securtity lock (car Door lock), frod light.
After 2-3 days i left house drove for about 500meters and packed, when i moved again and had to pack after about 50 meter, i realize the engine did not start again it was cracking but not starting, so we put another battery and it started, meanwhile my new batterry is less down 2 weeks, so i called a re-wire to run a check with he siad i need to change the alternator which i gave him money to changed, and i droped my battery with a charger, so later in the day the re-wire brought the car, (his shop is about 3km to my house), i tried to start the car with the battery will use in the morning it was cracking as well as it could not start not until i put my newly charged battery. i did not pay the re-wire that i told him to let me test the car first which he agreed.
The second day i tested it, drove it about 2km packed if for hrs and it started thus i paid the re-wire all this happened on tuesday 7/7/2020,
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday i checked the car daily and it started (i will just start the car for about 2 mins and switched and go out with another car).
This morning been Sunday we used the car to church use AC, sound and drive for about 4-6 km to the church after 2hrs service i drove back home 4-6km again but on getting to my compound i realize the car radio was seizing which i did not bothered, so i packed and went inside only for me to come out 3hrs later to drive the car it began to crack again.
pls what is going on ? while will a car that started normal and i drove i drove for about 4-10 km today be cracking for low battery again.
@ kablooee
@ pek
@ siena

1 Like

Re: My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by BigTableShaker(f): 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2020
Gazzuzz to the rescue.

buh OP you get mind o!
2002 Siena in 2020?!
haa!!
Re: My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by eherbal(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2020
pls Google how to diagnose car battery drains.master the video,then your tell your electrician how to go about it

1 Like

Re: My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by promotervickky(m): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
Did you ran a ViNcheck on the said Car before Purchase?
Re: My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by chukel(m): 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
promotervickky:
he didn't "ran" it before purchase. Now you know, will you "ran" it for him free of charge?
Re: My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by chukel(m): 7:48pm On Jul 13, 2020
hapiaka:
Happy sunday,
To a painter to do some touching so after like a week the battery was giving issues while we were still doing some finishing work on it. we will use another battery ti jump start it (starting it with another battery then put my own into me it), i realize my battery will not still start after running the car for about 20-30 mins.
so i bought another battery and things seems normal, went to rewire to, run a scan (ABS light is on dashborad since we got the car and the scan showed that the letf hand side of the front Tyre sensor was no tightened which was tightened and the light goes off) fix securtity lock (car Door lock), frod light.
After 2-3 days i left house drove for about 500meters and packed, when i moved again and had to pack after about 50 meter, i realize the engine did not start again it was cracking but not starting, so we put another battery and it started, meanwhile my new batterry is less down 2 weeks, so i called a re-wire to run a check with he siad i need to change the alternator which i gave him money to changed, and i droped my battery with a charger, so later in the day the re-wire brought the car, (his shop is about 3km to my house), i tried to start the car with the battery will use in the morning it was cracking as well as it could not start not until i put my newly charged battery. i did not pay the re-wire that i told him to let me test the car first which he agreed.
The second day i tested it, drove it about 2km packed if for hrs and it started thus i paid the re-wire all this happened on tuesday 7/7/2020,
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday i checked the car daily and it started (i will just start the car for about 2 mins and switched and go out with another car).
This morning been Sunday we used the car to church use AC, sound and drive for about 4-6 km to the church after 2hrs service i drove back home 4-6km again but on getting to my compound i realize the car radio was seizing which i did not bothered, so i packed and went inside only for me to come out 3hrs later to drive the car it began to crack again.
pls what is going on ? while will a car that started normal and i drove i drove for about 4-10 km today be cracking for low battery again.
@ kablooee
@ pek
@ siena
when you use another battery to start it, while putting the old one back, does the car go off?
Re: My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by bigx(m): 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2020
Check for corrosion in the battery cables.

1 Like

Re: My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by ksmart027(m): 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
BigTableShaker:

buh OP you get mind o! 2002 Siena in 2020?! haa!!
Stop shaking table and help the op

2 Likes

Re: My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by hapiaka: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2020
no it did not goes off
chukel:
when you use another battery to start it, while putting the old one back, does the car go off?
Re: My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by hapiaka: 4:35pm On Jul 15, 2020
yes
promotervickky:

1 Like

Re: My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by Socialproject: 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
You are experiencing parasitic drain somewhere.
Did the car come with an after market feature installed such as bluetooth module or even a remote starter ?

With a multimeter it's possible to test how much drain you are experiencing and possible cause.

The multimeter is set to 10 amps
Disconnect negative side of from battery.
Take the positive probe of the meter and connect to the negative cable of the car , and the negative probe to the battery terminal.

Then start to remove fuses to check when the current will drop.
Any fuse that drops current significantly is the likely cause and you can check the appliance or circuitry

This video will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH2wdHBZ6eE
Re: My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by boldx(m): 6:20am On Jul 16, 2020
check if your battery terminals get hot after fast driving of 5 mins. if they do, change your battery terminals. I had this ugly experience.
Re: My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by Ayomarcel(m): 9:42am On Jul 16, 2020
Something is definitely draining ur battery in the car. Tell ur rewire to check all lights and other things that can drain ur battery.
Re: My Tokunbo Toyota Siena 02 Want To Kill Me, It Is Draining Battery Badly by AutoMoTech(m): 11:59am On Jul 16, 2020
hapiaka:
Happy sunday,
@ kablooee
@ pek
@ siena

3 things could be wrong. you need to isolate each. i read your story however lets not leave anything to chance except tested.
so the things that could be wrong;
1. bad battery
2. faulty alternator
3. parasitic.

before chasing number 3, test and rule out 1 & 2.

(1) (Reply)

2004 Mazda Tribute Stops In Motion / .... / Why Is The Bicycle Not A Viable Means Of Transportation Around Cities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.