Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Hushpuppi.would You Go To An American Prison For A Year For $20 Million Dollars? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hushpuppi.would You Go To An American Prison For A Year For $20 Million Dollars? (338 Views)

Bayelsa Youths Catch A Very Large Catfish Reportedly Worth Over $20 Million Doll / Tonto Dikeh: '2020 Was The Best Adult Year For Me' / Linda Ikeji Looking Like A Million Dollars To Jayce’s Thanksgiving Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hushpuppi.would You Go To An American Prison For A Year For $20 Million Dollars? by muzeze77: 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2020
We have all been following the Hushpuppi Saga, The more i read about Hushpuppi the more i realize that many Young Nigerians will follow in his footsteps. Its rumored he stole more than $400 million and he faces 20 years in prison. Thats roughly a year for each $20 million he stole. Question i am wondering will you go to prison for a year for $20 million?
Re: Hushpuppi.would You Go To An American Prison For A Year For $20 Million Dollars? by Enoch07: 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2020
watch how some illiterate will answer
Re: Hushpuppi.would You Go To An American Prison For A Year For $20 Million Dollars? by etrange: 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
The question is misleading. It gives the impression that the money remains with the thief after the jail term while in reality, a comprehensive recovery exercise would leave them with little to nothing to show for the year spent in jail.

Again, while the mathematics is correct, it does not reflect reality. 400m for 20yrs might imply 20m for 1yr but other factors like how old and healthy you would be when you leave the jail and how long you'd have to live to enjoy the money in the case of 400m make the two not to be equivalent. In other words, breaking it down to 20m/yr only makes his case appealing to the criminally minded.
Re: Hushpuppi.would You Go To An American Prison For A Year For $20 Million Dollars? by EwuGambia: 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2020
etrange:
The question is misleading. It gives the impression that the money remains with the thief after the jail term while in reality, a comprehensive recovery exercise would leave them with little to nothing to show for the year spent in jail.

Again, while the mathematics is correct, it does not reflect reality. 400m for 20yrs might imply 20m for 1yr but other factors like how old and healthy you would be when you leave the jail and how long you'd have to live to enjoy the money in the case of 400m make the two not to be equivalent. In other words, breaking it down to 20m/yr only makes his case appealing to the criminally minded.
Always resist the urge to shalaye.... undecided
Would you...or would you not.. undecided

Re: Hushpuppi.would You Go To An American Prison For A Year For $20 Million Dollars? by muzeze77: 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2020
etrange:

Considering how well we know how Hushpuppi spends money , going by the Instagram pics. I doubt they will be able to recover 50%. I doubt this to be a person that saves. Yes they will sell the cars but you cannot get even 70% back from used cars as they have a high depreciation, He lived in one of the most expensive places in Dubai (You cannot get the rents back).He loved to make it rain (You can get rain dollars back). Prison is supposed to be determent , even death sentences in asia countries has not prevented people from smuggling drugs and i doubt 20 years in prison will be a determent
Re: Hushpuppi.would You Go To An American Prison For A Year For $20 Million Dollars? by etrange: 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2020
muzeze77:

Considering how well we know how Hushpuppi spends money , going by the Instagram pics. I doubt they will be able to recover 50%. I doubt this to be a person that saves. Yes they will sell the cars but you cannot get even 70% back from used cars as they have a high depreciation, He lived in one of the most expensive places in Dubai (You cannot get the rents back).He loved to make it rain (You can get rain dollars back). Prison is supposed to be determent , even death sentences in asia countries has not prevented people from smuggling drugs and i doubt 20 years in prison will be a determent

True. More the reason why I feel the question does not reflect reality cause the money won't be there when the prison term is completed.

(1) (Reply)

Why Veteran Actors Are Poor In Nigeria -bolanle Ninalowo / Omah Lay – Ye Ye Ye Lyrics / Davido Signs Singer May D To His Record Label DMW, Cynthia Morgan's Fate To This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.