Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,986 members, 7,835,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro (2812 Views)

Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / Which Should I Go For Between The Redmi Note 7 And Umidigi F1 / The Nokia Thread: 1.4 , 4.2, 5.1 Plus, 5.3, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, 7.2, 7 Plus , 8.3 etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by areee(m): 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2020
I have taken time to read reviews on these 3 phones. I can afford buy any of the three. I need advice on which is the best and why. Just confused
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by FlipModeSquade(m): 3:14pm On Jul 14, 2020
areee:
I have taken time to read reviews on these 3 phones. I can afford buy any of the three. I need advice on which is the best and why. Just confused

The Umidigi A7 Pro with a Helio P22 Processor should be taken out of the equation and also a plastic build as Cons and a FHD screen as Pros.

The Nokia has a lower HD screen and a plastic build as Cons and a Snapdragon 665 as a pro.

The Note 8 has a FHD screen and a Snapdragon 665 same as the Nokia 5.3 but also with a more premium glass built.
Comparing the 3 devices I would suggest the Redmi Note8..
Moreover the Redmi Note 8 and the Nokia 5.3
are guaranteed to have regular updates,which Umidigi rarely offers their devices..

10 Likes

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by areee(m): 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2020
Thank you so much bro. I really appreciate this piece
FlipModeSquade:

The Umidigi A7 Pro with a Helio P22 Processor should be taken out of the equation and a plastic build as Cons and a FHD screen as Pros.

The Nokia has a lower HD screen and a slower and a plastic build as Cons and a Snapdragon 665 as a pro.

The Note 8 has a FHD screen and a Snapdragon 665 same as the Nokia 5.3 but also with a more premium glass built.
are guaranteed to have regular updates,which Umidigi rarely offers their devices..
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by edoairways: 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
FlipModeSquade:

The Umidigi A7 Pro with a Helio P22 Processor should be taken out of the equation and also a plastic build as Cons and a FHD screen as Pros.

The Nokia has a lower HD screen and a plastic build as Cons and a Snapdragon 665 as a pro.

[b]Moreover the Redmi Note 8 [/b]and the Nokia 5.3
What kind of updates, is update to the latest OS or Miui?
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by FlipModeSquade(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
edoairways:

What kind of updates, is update to the latest OS or Miui?
Any type of update..
Both Android OS and MIUI..
I own a Mi Max 3 which came with Android 8.1 and is currently on the latest Android 10..
That is the Google guaranteed TWO major OS updates..
MIUI updates are even longer..

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by 11Anonymous(m): 5:12pm On Jul 14, 2020
You shouldn't pitch Umi A7 pro with the other two.
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by 11Anonymous(m): 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2020
You shouldn't pitch Umi A7 pro with the other two. Should have been Umi S5 pro or F2.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by edoairways: 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
Any type of update..
Both Android OS and MIUI..
I own a Mi Max 3 which came with Android 8.1 and is currently on the latest Android 10..
That is the Google guaranteed TWO major OS updates..
MIUI updates are even longer..
Redmni note 8 is still stock with android 9

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by paltielx: 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2020
Go for nokia and rest your mind, nokia phoes are durable

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
edoairways:

Redmni note 8 is still stock with android 9
LOL..

You posted this.. grin

As you can see,they are working on it.. shocked

Phones / Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by edoairways: 10:06pm On Jun 20
Xiaomi has posted some bad news for redmi note 8 owners who were excited about receiving an android 10 update for their smartphone. It seems the Chinese OEM has had to suspend the update process because of “some major bugs”. The redmi note 8 and note 8T were released in August 2019.
The protracted tale of the redmi note 8 android 10 update saga has taken yet another surprising turn that will undoubtedly dismay owners of the hugely popular Xiaomi smartphone. Just as the company finally started releasing the android 10 update for the redmi note 8, the process had to be almost immediately suspended.

It was recently reported about MIUI 12 development being halted for the redmi note 8 because the phone was being prepped to receive the much-anticipated android 10 update. Apparently, according to PiunikaWeb, the android 10 update rollout for the redmi note 8 had already started, but the discovery of “some major bugs” has now led to its suspension.

Xiaomi has not revealed what the bugs were; however, redmi note 8 owners can still download the firmware (link below in "sources" if they want to utilize android 10, but it’s very important to note here that if Xiaomi has ceased the update because of major issues, it might be best to wait for now. Users downloading the software do so at their own risk.

redmi note 8 owners will now have to wait until at least early July before any android 10 update rollout recommences. The Dragon Boat Festival is starting soon in China, so Xiaomi’s engineers will be busy enjoying a rest during the holiday period. Work in regard to MIUI 12 beta updates and this particular redmi note 8 issue is expected to begin again from July 3.
(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Like) (Share)
Suicide should be next option since nothing seems to work

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by hilarioscity(m): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2020
I will advice u go for Nokia regular security patch, us gurannted android 12 update, and it runs on android one which will make ur phone perform better than the note 8 cus mihi is really heavy

4 Likes

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by sacajawea: 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ori e ti Yi!
Spoilt overgrown baby Tueh!
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2020
paltielx:
Go for nokia and rest your mind, nokia phoes are durable
And Xiaomi phones are not durable?

Quit living in the past..

There's NOTHING special about the current Nokia..

They are not even the OLD Nokia.. shocked

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by paltielx: 8:31pm On Jul 14, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
And Xiaomi phones are not durable?

Quit living in the past..

There's NOTHING special about the current Nokia..

They are not even the OLD Nokia.. shocked
Lolz is it not the same workers still developing nokia?
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by edoairways: 8:39pm On Jul 14, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
LOL..

You posted this.. grin

Phones / Xiaomi Suspect It's Android 10 Update For Redmni Note 8 by edoairways: 10:06pm On Jun 20
Xiaomi has posted some bad news for redmi note 8 owners who were excited about receiving an android 10 update for their smartphone. It seems the Chinese OEM has had to suspend the update process because of “some major bugs”. The redmi note 8 and note 8T were released in August 2019.
The protracted tale of the redmi note 8 android 10 update saga has taken yet another surprising turn that will undoubtedly dismay owners of the hugely popular Xiaomi smartphone. Just as the company finally started releasing the android 10 update for the redmi note 8, the process had to be almost immediately suspended.

It was recently reported about MIUI 12 development being halted for the redmi note 8 because the phone was being prepped to receive the much-anticipated android 10 update. Apparently, according to PiunikaWeb, the android 10 update rollout for the redmi note 8 had already started, but the discovery of “some major bugs” has now led to its suspension.

Xiaomi has not revealed what the bugs were; however, redmi note 8 owners can still download the firmware (link below in "sources" if they want to utilize android 10, but it’s very important to note here that if Xiaomi has ceased the update because of major issues, it might be best to wait for now. Users downloading the software do so at their own risk.

redmi note 8 owners will now have to wait until at least early July before any android 10 update rollout recommences. The Dragon Boat Festival is starting soon in China, so Xiaomi’s engineers will be busy enjoying a rest during the holiday period. Work in regard to MIUI 12 beta updates and this particular redmi note 8 issue is expected to begin again from July 3.
But we are mid July yet no sign
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2020
paltielx:
Lolz is it not the same workers still developing nokia?
HMD is the new Nokia..

The old Nokia exists only in name..

Most of their workforce went with the Microsoft take over..
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2020
edoairways:

Never say never.. cheesy

July never finish.. shocked
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by paltielx: 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
HMD is the new Nokia..

The old Nokia exists only in name..

Most of their workforce went with the Microsoft take over..
Stop the lie and read wider you can't deceive me with that. It's nokia workers still developing the HMD nokia

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by festwiz(m): 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
edoairways:

Doesn't mean it won't come. It's better to release a polished update than a bug filled one that you'll wail on later.
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by edoairways: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
festwiz:

Doesn't mean it won't come. It's better to release a polished update than a bug filled one that you'll wail on later.
Ok
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 14, 2020
areee:

Go for Nokia.

Have been a Nokia user since 2018 Nokia 3. Now using Nokia 6.1. over time you will be happy with yourself for picking Nokia. Please stay off Xiaomi they will mess you up with ads
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by Chuksteric(m): 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
Go for the Nokia.. in as s much as specs matter, actual usage is more important... Stock Android is fluid
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by horlahwaley(m): 12:17am On Jul 15, 2020
Xiaomi is dishing out closed beta android 10 update for redmi note 8 almost in every 3 days. The stable android 10 version would be out by august.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by dustmalik: 1:25am On Jul 15, 2020
Anyone who knows the meaning and value of Aftermarket support/community support would never choose Nokia over Xiaomi.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by areee(m): 2:47am On Jul 15, 2020
Thank you, I have removed Umidigi a7 pro from the equation.
11Anonymous:
You shouldn't pitch Umi A7 pro with the other two.
Should have been Umi S5 pro or F2.
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by Blazebond(m): 6:17am On Jul 15, 2020
Go and buy Nokia ooooo,not fall for the Xiaomi tale o,dem nor get spare parts o.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by Mustiboy(m): 6:31am On Jul 15, 2020
FlipModeSquade:

Points of correction, in contrast with what you wrote, Umidigi A7 Pro houses an Helio P23, and the build is that of quality aluminum and glass. Umidigi is the only brand that uses aluminum frame and glass back even on their entry-level devices.

True, the Umidigi is no match for either of the Redmi Note 8 or the Nokia 5.3, but there are still aspects where it stands strong and that makes it better than many Transsion devices that are even costlier; they are:

1. USB Type-C
2. Helio P23
3. Glass back and aluminum frame
4. Stock, clean Android 10
5. Regular security patches and system-improving updates (many users can attest to this)
6. Premium pre-applied pouch ( I like Umidigi for this; their pouches are premium and not all these cheap silicone cases other brands use)
7. 4/64gb for that price...

Nothing more to say. The Umidigi A7 Pro is a good buy at 42K.

I use a Redmi Note 7 Pro between.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by phemmyfour: 7:10am On Jul 15, 2020
areee:
you better go for simplicity and rest of mind. Less is more, go for nokia
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:53am On Jul 15, 2020
paltielx:
Stop the lie and read wider you can't deceive me with that. It's nokia workers still developing the HMD nokia
HMD is the new Nokia..

They licensed the Nokia name.. shocked

Nokia has no investment in HMD apart from advisory services..

Sorry you find that too hard to swallow.. grin
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by skywalker240(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
LOL..

You posted this.. grin

Do not take that moniker serious

He said he is using the redmi note 8, but actually he is studying the phone to see if there are flaws which he can use as evidence to start putting redmi down.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by skywalker240(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2020
OP run a comparison between the note 8 and the Nokia 5.3 and then nama your conclusion.

The umidigi can not compete with the both of them

Personally I think the note 8 has the edge over the Nokia, some slight edges though.
Re: I'm Confused : Redmi Note8/nokia 5.3 And Umidigi A7 Pro by Theonejabulani2: 9:59am On Jul 15, 2020
It's an unfair comparison, umidigi A7PRO is below both devices but still has great specs for its ₦43k price. Compare with a similarly priced Umidigi power3 or Umidigi F2

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asus Detachable Laptop @14k On Sale / The Most Surprisingly Gorgeous Smartphone We’ve Seen Is Now On Sale In The U.S. / HELP PLS! Memory Card Damaged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.