Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak (20627 Views)

Saul Niguez: Chelsea Agree Loan Deal For Atletico Madrid Midfielder. / Fernando Torres In Uyo For Atletico VS Super Eagles (Photos) / Super Eagles Squad For Atletico Madrid Friendly Announced [see Full List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by ogbiwa: 7:33am On Jul 15, 2020
Chelsea have made Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak a priority target for the summer market, AS reports.

Following up on a story from the Mirror linking Oblak with Chelsea, AS has information from its own sources.

They report that Chelsea will ‘launch an offensive’ for 27-year-old Oblak, one of the world’s best goalkeepers.

Chelsea are willing to pay around €100m for the Slovenian, which would make him the most expensive goalkeeper in history.

That record is held by Chelsea’s own Kepa Arrizabalaga, who could play an important role in the transfer.

In an attempt to make the transfer cheaper, Chelsea would be willing to include Kepa, 25, in the deal for Oblak.

Kepa has failed to live up to his €80m fee at Stamford Bridge but has proven himself in La Liga with Athletic Bilbao.

Atletico Madrid have no interest in selling Oblak, believing they must keep their best players to compete on all fronts.

Oblak renewed his Atleti contract in April 2019 and his release clause went from €100m to €120m.

However, with Chelsea prepared to pay record-breaking money for Oblak, Atletico’s resolve may be tested.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/transfernexus.com/2020/07/14/as-chelsea-willing-to-pay-e100m-for-atleticos-jan-oblak/%3famp

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by logon599: 7:34am On Jul 15, 2020
They should also be ready to spend good money fixing their defense to complement Oblak. That is IF they get Oblak.

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? Contact me to design the complete building drawings (architectural, as well as securing structural, mechanical, electrical and Bill of Quantities, including professional construction supervision, consultation and labor from foundation to any level) all at VERY decent costs. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by espn(m): 7:36am On Jul 15, 2020
Good move. Kepa is a bad keeper...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by espn(m): 7:38am On Jul 15, 2020
logon599:
They should also be ready to spend good money fixing their defense to complement Oblak. That is IF they get Oblak.
You are right but kepa should have saved chelsea some points this season if nit for his terrible goal keeping...

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Slawormir: 8:34am On Jul 15, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by colorsofrainbow: 8:34am On Jul 15, 2020
So are they now saying Kepa who cost us £72mil is no longer good for our darling Chelsea team

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by kozmokaz(m): 8:34am On Jul 15, 2020
Chelsea too like athletico keepers I swear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by habymi: 8:34am On Jul 15, 2020
nice one
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by SmartProf(m): 8:34am On Jul 15, 2020
Let them replace that basket abeg...but before one blames the goalkeeper, how did the opponents get past the strikers, midfielders and defenders? Behind a good goalkeeper is always an empty net.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Armstrong34(m): 8:35am On Jul 15, 2020
The glory of that mumu oblak is just so visible because of the kind of defensive football athletico Madrid are known for.....

Those people are damn too too difficult to score a goal against... Their defensive tactics strong pass wall of jericho

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by RTSC: 8:36am On Jul 15, 2020
The rebuilding continues.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by sammysneh(m): 8:37am On Jul 15, 2020
oblak is going no where..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by dapsoneh: 8:37am On Jul 15, 2020
100million euro for a 27year old �

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by adioolayi(m): 8:37am On Jul 15, 2020
Good deal if true
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Evergreen4(m): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2020
Hahahaha, sheffield united hit them hard below the belt, na keeper cause am ?

5 Likes

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by JosephXavier: 8:39am On Jul 15, 2020
Chelsea really have a lot of money to throw around this transfer window,

I'm scared of what they can do. They are the only club competing with themselves this transfer window

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by KingAzari: 8:40am On Jul 15, 2020
Kepa is just an expensive sh!t. 53.3% efficiency in a league season... the worst for any Chelsea and top 4 keeper, EVER.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Fheelzz(m): 8:41am On Jul 15, 2020
Chii chiii

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Angelfrost(m): 8:42am On Jul 15, 2020
Overpriced!!!... That money would be better used to get 2 solid defenders!!!

The worst keeper will look even manageable behind a world class defence, while Oblak would look worse than Pickford behind this current Chelsea defense.

If Norwich had turned up a little yesterday, they would have easily drawn that game. Smh.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by etibaba(m): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2020
A goalkeeper is as good as his defense but this shouldn't be a reason for Kepa to let in goals like a basket, he is not playing his part in the defense formation. Oblak is a good goalie(people may say because he is at Atletico) but you will need to understand that Atletico cleared their whole backline leaving only Gimenez at the start of the season yet Oblak still does his job.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by OmoDavido(m): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2020
Blues for LIFE
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Ruggedniggaone: 8:43am On Jul 15, 2020
100m for a 27 years goalkeeper is insane

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Angelfrost(m): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2020
JosephXavier:
Chelsea really have a lot of money to throw around this transfer window,

I'm scared of what they can do. They are the only club competing with themselves this transfer window

There is absolutely no wisdom in paying 100 million for a keeper at 27... He probably has not more than 2 good seasons left in him.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Samylekey(m): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2020
tongue

I hope this is a good deal for Chelsea, I still believe the defence is also a culprit. A keeper is as good as his defenders (throwback to Victor Valdes - even tho we all knew he was wack, his secrets hardly leaked cos he had Puyol and other 'good' defenders)

Anyways, The blood is BLUE. Vamos Chelsea, KTBFFH.

Make una patronize me for all your graphics design - I no dey do ako, no let me beg for food abeg.

Check my signature for my number. Be rest assured u get value for ur money.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by clancymiim(f): 8:44am On Jul 15, 2020
Lol. I pity Chelsea
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Dreambeat: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2020
Too expensive if you ask me.Not worth it for a 27 year old goalkeeper
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by chibowobbed(m): 8:45am On Jul 15, 2020
I don't think goal keeper is what Chelsea really needs rn.
The defense is a complete mess, Lampard should have started from there.
This is a waste of money

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by EatforHealth: 8:46am On Jul 15, 2020
Kepa the keeper has not lived up to expectations

Swallowing 42 goals in one season with 2 more games to go

The whole Chelsea defense is so horrible too. Worst defense in the Roman era

They are still in the third position

While United remains United in the 5th stand :/ tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oluwseyi Joseph Signs 4 Year Deal With Rangers / Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek / Barca Lose At Home To End Title Chances, Messi May Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.