Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today (34014 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today / Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today / Osaze Odemwingie: Amara, Kanu Nwankwo's Wife Chasing Me In My DM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by lalasticlala(m): 8:26am On Jul 15, 2020
Peter Odemwingie Turns 39 Today

Peter Osaze Odemwingie (born 15 July 1981) is a retired Nigerian professional footballer who played as a forward and winger.

Odemwingie grew up in Uzbekistan and Russia and began his career with Bendel Insurance in the Nigeria Premier League. He then earned a move to European football with Belgian side La Louvière where he spent three seasons winning the Belgian Cup before moving to French side Lille. Odemwingie scored 26 goals for Lille and also playing in the UEFA Champions League with the side, which prompted Lokomotiv Moscow to pay a fee of £10 million for his services in July 2007. He scored 23 times in three-and-a-half years for Lokomotiv before leaving for English side West Bromwich Albion in August 2010. He scored 30 Premier League goals for the Baggies which won him three Premier League Player of the Month awards. A failed move to Queens Park Rangers saw him fall out of favour with Steve Clarke and he was sold to Cardiff City in August 2013 for a fee of £2.25 million. He spent six months at Cardiff before joining Stoke City in a player-exchange with Kenwyne Jones in January 2014.

Odemwingie made his debut for the Nigeria national team in a friendly against Kenya in May 2002 and has represented the country over 60 times, including at two World Cups and four Africa Cup of Nations, as well as winning silver at the 2008 Olympics.

Personal life
Odemwingie was born to a Nigerian father and a Russian Tatar mother. His middle name, Osaze, means "God chooses (for you)". Odemwingie married his fiancée, Sarah Fallon, on 26 May 2012 at a church in Northampton after two years of dating.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Odemwingie

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Goldp5988(f): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2020
Hbd

7 Likes

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Slawormir: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Happy birthday to our real niggarrr
I remember in 2004 nations cup when he shock south Africa
We too fine and soft from Edo state sha but where them for dey pick our governors from na im i nor understand

And na so we take dey ball ( Sabi play ball) for the state...we dey supply super eagles with forward, top nine and defenders.. especially top nine
Osazee
Yakubu
Victor Moses
Igahlo
Osimhen
Aghahowa
Isaac success
Nosa igiebor
Victor ikpeba...if we say make we mention the old stars ehnnn... Austin equavoen, Peter rufai, Sunday oliseh, Pius ikedia...i can bet my balls even the rest super eagles player if proper investigation is carried out will reveal that their career started from Edo
We dey ball for this state
AreaFada2:

Steven Keshi for example was Benin based way back as a Bendelite at NNB. Bendel was a real backbone of sport. Thompson Oliha, Agbonavbare even as early as kadiri Ikhana back then. Winning two FA cups and one league championship from 1978 to 1980. Great player. I knew Henry Nwosu and his relatives when he was at NNB. Very young player then.
You must be a real niggarrr

111 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by EatforHealth: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2020
Congratulations fine boy

How time flies!!!

Back in the the days, English commentators will scream his name Odemwingiiiiii �

I wonder whether he’s fully retired from football right now

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Theta1: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2020
Happy Birthday to you player

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Osasnidas(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2020
Congratulations to him

The second picture though... grin grin

Looks like the palm tree is growing on his head... grin grin

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Evergreen4(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2020
Odewingee. That's how white commentators pronounce his name

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by ayanda3(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2020
God bro
Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Donald3d(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2020
grin
Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Nairaobserver: 8:28am On Jul 15, 2020
Hbd
Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by beanspod: 8:28am On Jul 15, 2020
happy birthday
Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Tboysalau(m): 8:28am On Jul 15, 2020
Wishing him long life and prosperity

3 Likes

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by ayanda3(m): 8:28am On Jul 15, 2020
Hbp bro

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Rutheby(f): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2020
Happy birthday Osaze.. You're doing well

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Hugo7(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2020
happy birthday odewinge Osaze. Super Eagles finest

2 Likes

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by BizBayo: 8:29am On Jul 15, 2020
Osasnidas:
Congratulations to him

Like seriously grin

6 Likes

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by betterman22(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2020
Happy birthday

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Tboysalau(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2020
Happy birthday

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by inoki247: 8:30am On Jul 15, 2020
Osasnidas:
Congratulations to him

Na bkuz say hair don dey delete for him head
Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Samylekey(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2020
cool

Osaze, Happy Birthday Sir.

Patronize me for all your graphics design. Get value for your money.

Check my signature for my number.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by touchnote: 8:30am On Jul 15, 2020
Happy birthday
Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Felyyaks(f): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2020
Happy birthday
Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by MrOjay1(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2020
Odemwingie my man.He was so dedicated and and consistent in his time for the eagles at a time when the national team was riddled with average players.
He never turned down call-ups and whenever he was on the pitch,he gave his all for the objective cause of the team.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 15, 2020
No be only oil day your head ,palm tree self day your head check well bro with that aside happy birthday to you boss

8 Likes

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by oriewanbe: 8:30am On Jul 15, 2020
happy birthday to you
Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by AmazingELixir: 8:30am On Jul 15, 2020
Ok
Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Jack005(m): 8:31am On Jul 15, 2020
Happy birthday fine man. The only naija player that used his real age.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by TransflectTP(m): 8:31am On Jul 15, 2020
Happy birthday bro.

1 Like

Re: Peter Odemwingie Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today by Makiiidagr8: 8:31am On Jul 15, 2020
Happy birthday to an icon at his time. It was fun to watch him play

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

English Premier League: Which Team Has The Best Midfield? / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / 2019 CAF Awards: Osimhen & Chukwueze Lose Young Player Award To Achraf Hakimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.