Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

One Mark Of Pride And Selfishness Is Ignoring Some Aspects Of God's Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Mark Of Pride And Selfishness Is Ignoring Some Aspects Of God's Word (175 Views)

Pastor Ezekiel Atang Dies After Ignoring His Health Challenge (Photos, Video) / Is Christianity A Religion Of Hate And Selfishness? Concrete Proofs / Warning: The Mark Of Antichrist '666' Is Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Mark Of Pride And Selfishness Is Ignoring Some Aspects Of God's Word by davidinchrist(m): 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2020
One of the MARKS of a humble and Real Believer or Servant of God is paying attention to EVERY little detail of God's Word.

Pride and Selfishness is what makes us look at some things written CLEARLY in the Bible, especially the New testament and say something like, "Huh, those are NOT very important commandments of God".

Wow! We must be TERRIBLY IMPORTANT to decide which one is IMPORTANT and which is not; what to obey and what NOT to obey. May God have mercy on us and give us light. These problems are most times rooted in different Church or denominational doctrines of Men.

When GREAT RELIGIOUS LEADERS or Church Founders don't do and teach them, then their BOND followers and fans couldn't care less too. Because the Words of these Great Men are MUCH MORE important. In other words, these GREAT men are their Real "gods". But Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the Bible can WAIT.

Now, that's REALLY Sad!

It's as though those great Pastors, Prophets and Church founders of ours are those who will DETERMINE whether we shall make it into Heaven or Not. And neither will they be the ones to Judge on the Judgement day!

Matt.5.19 - Whoever therefore BREAKS one of the least of these commandments, and TEACHES men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; ...

Far too many Church leaders and founders are particularly good at this: teaching their followers some "favourite" laws or traditions, couple with their Self or Church-made traditions:

Mark.7.7 - And in VAIN they WORSHIP Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments OF MEN.'

Mark.7.8 - For laying ASIDE the commandment of God, you hold the TRADITION of men...

Down below are some most commonly ignored or DISOBEYED "clear cut" commandments of God's Word:

1. Taking Religious Titles, and CALLING religious men names like 'Father' and other common titles:

In Matt.23.8, Jesus, talking to his disciples -

'Don't ever let ANYONE call you 'Rabbi' for you have ONLY ONE teacher, and ALL OF YOU are on the SAME LEVEL as "brothers and sisters".

It's VERY CLEAR that all titles like Pastor, Prophet, Reverend, Bishop, Pope, Etc are NOT acceptable.

MOREOVER:

Matt.23.9 - Do not "call" ANYONE on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.
Matt.23.10 - And DO NOT be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ.

Titles exalt Men above whom they've called to serve. It's still true even if most of us ignore or disobey it.

2. Women should not TEACH nor take any position of AUTHORITY in the Church:

1Cor.14.34 - Let your women KEEP SILENT in the churches, for they are NOT PERMITTED to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.

1Tim.2.12 - And I DO NOT PERMIT a woman to TEACH or to have AUTHORITY OVER a man, but to be in silence.

It's clear women ought NOT to be Pastors, Prophets, and the likes in the Church. But they can however prophesy and teach other women. Titus 2:4; Acts 2:17

Remember, there was no woman among the 12 disciples of Jesus (the First Apostles).

3. Give to Caesar what is his before GIVING to God: The Bible also says OWE no man ANYTHING but to LOVE. Many of us want to be SUPER SPIRITUAL by giving to a Religious Man or Church first because of VAIN "prophetic" promises. But the Bible says pay all DEBTS and FORGIVE others before bringing your gifts. Matt. 22:21; ROM. 13:8

4. i. You CANNOT SERVE God AND Mammon. Matt. 6:24
ii. You CANNOT serve God and Men. Gal. 1:10; 1 John 5:21

5. Deny yourself, take up the Cross daily and FOLLOW Jesus. Matt. 16:24

6. Give Cheerfully, not out of compulsion or by FORCE. 2 Cor. 9:7:
This goes against all mandatory TITHING, First fruits laws, Service, and all other COMPULSORY demands of Men.

Romans 10:4 KJV
For Christ is THE END of the law for righteousness to "every one" that believeth.

7. Lay up yourself TREASURES in heaven, NOT here on Earth. Matt. 6:19-21

AND:
Take heed that No One (a Pastor/Prophet or just Anyone) DECEIVES you. Matt. 24:4, 24.

8. Bless, don't CURSE your enemies. Love them. Matt. 5:43

9. Do not seek Honour of Men. Do your good deeds in SECRET before God NOT Men. Matt. 6

10. Judge not, judge yourself FIRST, and not be a hypocrite. Matt. 7.

11. Clean the inside of the Cup (the heart) First, and the outside will be clean also. Matt. 23:24

12. And so on in the Bible, especially the New testament.

Obviously, this is NOT for everyone, but only for those of us who have got Ears to Hear. God's POWER is sufficient for us to Obey if we WANT to.

We shouldn't limit ourselves to some self-customized, MIXED denominational doctrines or traditions of GREAT Men and Churches. So as NOT miss God's approval and other SPIRITUAL blessings (not just earthly blessings).

We really need to START taking OBEDIENCE to God's Word seriously, NOT on profit-minded Men or Churches.

Jas.4.17 - Therefore, to him WHO KNOWS to do good and does not do it, to him it is SIN.

John.14.15 - "If you LOVE Me (Jesus), KEEP My commandments.

May Lord Jesus bless you.
Re: One Mark Of Pride And Selfishness Is Ignoring Some Aspects Of God's Word by davidinchrist(m): 8:21am On Jul 16, 2020
Re: One Mark Of Pride And Selfishness Is Ignoring Some Aspects Of God's Word by davidinchrist(m): 12:11am On Jul 18, 2020
davidinchrist:

(1) (Reply)

Financial Blessings.... My Take On That / Why You Should Actually Stop Paying Your Tithe! / Pastors, Ministers How Are You Catching Up With This Pandemic!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.