Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,734 members, 7,827,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job (67165 Views)

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / I Earn £50 As A Naked Cleaner - British Lady / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by A1kennedy(m): 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

Even if I resign,
You may not be able to do what I do sir

It requires certain skill set...either you have it or you dont

sir. If you can become self employed with the skill you have. Then first, how much do you need to start a buisnes with that skill,then once you save up the money from your salary then boom!! quit the job bro and go and elivite some societal problems with your skill.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2020
My advise is to put in your best. Overcome laziness. Study online through Google and improve on your skills on the job.
Don't resign untill you get a better offer, otherwise you will regret it.
Bye

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by RayMcBlue(m): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:
it's stressful, exhausting...not what I really love/want to be doing

My boss dosent like me...I can perceive my colleague see me as incompetent hence I don't have their respect

But then it pay this bills...that's the only motivation for me

I feel it shouldn't be that way...it should be more than money

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

Get yourself fired. You're entitled to a severance payment if you're fired. If you resign, you won't get any severance payment.

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by nextstep(m): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I'm going to say this, but not with harsh intent.

Realize that you are one of a few lucky ones in this country making this amount. As a result, don't wallow in this kind of thinking. Millions of Nigerians work stressful and exhausting jobs (factories, on the street, construction, farming), and don't make anywhere near what you're making. Many Americans sef barely cover living expenses, upon back breaking work. So suck it up, but instead of working to live, start working with an eye towards funding an opportunity.

In that light, don't spend all you make. You didn't mention how much you have left over after paying all your expenses, but if you're like most middle-class people, you spend on a nice residence, nice car, nice clothes, and other nice things you feel that you deserve - rather than save or invest. Which means you're just working to continue the spending cycle.

Based on your income, it's likely your take home pay is around 225k. I would go so far as to say you can survive on 75k a month, put 75k towards a rainy-day fund, and put 75k towards a future investment. You can start looking at buying land, building, or taking part ownership in a real estate project. An example is this partnership being put together by our own spyder880, an eminent personality in the properties section: https://www.nairaland.com/5611895/buy-unit-residential-flat-us. (3.2Million to buy, or you can pay in installments). I don't have a stake in whether you invest or not; personally, if I had extra funds I would jump on this opportunity, but I'm continuing building out my student solar hostels: https://www.nairaland.com/2583312/building-solar-powered-hostel-learning-experience

In other words, take advantage of the fact that you're making bank, and start leveraging your hard work and stress into assets that will work for you. Once you get to a certain stage, yes, you can consider moving into less stressful (even if less paying) positions. I have been in your situation, but I followed advice to suck it up for 5 years, with an eye towards my next move (which hopefully is not just another job). Once you have that goal in mind, you'll realize the stress is worth it.

2 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by GboyegaD(m): 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
I was in your shoe about a decade ago with an awesome pay by Nigerian standard. In my case, I loved the job however, the people were my issues. I love some and some I don't however, having a manipulative boss who I was okay with was my major problem. We would hold unnecessary meetings everyday and some would lick his shoes just to be in his good books.

At some point, I started documenting my issues and addressing them to HR up to the point I was assured the HR would change my unit just as a way to address the situation.

In essence, know what your rights and limits are, be good on your job, and at most, take it up with your HR on what to do.

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by TheKingIsHere: 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

My boss dosent like me...I can perceive my colleague see me as incompetent hence I don't have their respect

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

Same situation with me. Although, mine is not a boss issue, i just don't find that satisfaction doing the job

I am currently making some profit with my business, and once the cash is good after accumulating for some few more years, I will quit the job
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by engrrichie92(m): 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
vheckthor1:
I think the OP is a jobless youth wanting to trend, he neither has a job nor a boss. no one goes bikering around about their high paying job and unloving boss

are you seriously kidding me?

okay ooo
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by ymstar(m): 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2020
biggy26:

Just search for another while working. Your happiness is more important.
Ok
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by coputa(m): 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2020
90% of employees doe'nt like the job they do,they 're only there because of the pay.Your pay is huge,that's about 3.6 million per annum excluding allowances,that's a princely sum,start saving to use what you have to get what you want.

3 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by richnsexy25: 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2020
Baba if this is all real...my question is why do ur colleagues see u as incompetent(if it's on the job that implies u could be a case of round pegs in square holes...i mean why will all ur colleagues think this way of u?)...and to be honest if ur colleagues think this way of u then I see why ur boss doesnt like you)...maybe u don dey show dem say u no like the job sef with your body language...
THE ADVICE
1.Dont lose that job unless the job losses u
2 In the mean time see why ur colleague perceive u as incompetent and be humble enuf to learn if there is anything to learn around that environment.
3. Sequel to point 2...I bliv doing all this will inevitably endear u to ur boss in no time cos if it continues this way baba u might not last there b4 u finally resign...
4. I assure u bro u will be fine while still putting in for bigger jobs...attitude to work matters...and Rest enuf when u have the chance.

2 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by hiboth(m): 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2020
Your trusted & instant exchange

bitcoin √ (exchange your bitcoins to Naira, get paid automatically in 10 seconds)

We offer you competitive and attractive rates.
Instant and automated payments guaranteed. No human/manual funding!

Call 09049086972 or whatsapp on 08135803989

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Inteltower: 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

Can we partner up and set up a profitable startup business that you would like being a boss of and working in.
its called fun Gamers

foe more details reply
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by ITbomb(m): 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2020
AntiWailer:
Resign dear .

You deserve to be happy.
engrrichie92, it seems your village people are on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by ufotty2001: 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2020
Evergreen4:
Bro pls can I send you a DM?
bro, look for online business not online investment .. I mean online business start from afresh you can build a career that will make u money.. not get rich quick scheme I mean online business
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by iamso9ce(m): 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
Make I come stand for you for 6month...

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by bukatyne(f): 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
The comments on this thread are hilariously sad.

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:
I want to resign...
Just thinking out loud

Stick in there for now. Do not leave simply because someone does not like you or think you incompetent. If you make it a habit of running away from life's challenges, you will not get very far. If/when you have to leave, do it on your own terms and leave a good legacy.

The outcome of every life circumstance depends on your personal outlook (see attached image).

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by semuni: 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
A friend had same issue,but his own was worst than yours as I was working with a female beast. The hatred was written all over her and tribalism was her other name. He stayed put,though it wasn't easy as going to work everyday seems like going to war front. He was trying to save a little money to start a business, because of the hatred she recommended him for sack. The appointment was terminated , He was paid little money which he added up with the savings to start his business.

engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by babyfaceafrica: 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Really most commenters on this thread are commenting from a poverty mentality. In sane climes, he won't even come out to ask before he resigns. Personal joy and fulfilment is superior and should be placed over any job.

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by engrrichie92(m): 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2020
nextstep:

I'm going to say this, but not with harsh intent.

Realize that you are one of a few lucky ones in this country making this amount. As a result, don't wallow in this kind of thinking. Millions of Nigerians work stressful and exhausting jobs (factories, on the street, construction, farming), and don't make anywhere near what you're making. Many Americans sef barely cover living expenses, upon back breaking work. So suck it up, but instead of working to live, start working with an eye towards funding an opportunity.

In that light, don't spend all you make. You didn't mention how much you have left over after paying all your expenses, but if you're like most middle-class people, you spend on a nice residence, nice car, nice clothes, and other nice things you feel that you deserve - rather than save or invest. Which means you're just working to continue the spending cycle.

Based on your income, it's likely your take home pay is around 225k. I would go so far as to say you can survive on 75k a month, put 75k towards a rainy-day fund, and put 75k towards a future investment. You can start looking at buying land, building, or taking part ownership in a real estate project. An example is this partnership being put together by our own spyder880, an eminent personality in the properties section: https://www.nairaland.com/5611895/buy-unit-residential-flat-us. (3.2Million to buy, or you can pay in installments). I don't have a stake in whether you invest or not; personally, if I had extra funds I would jump on this opportunity, but I'm continuing building out my student solar hostels: https://www.nairaland.com/2583312/building-solar-powered-hostel-learning-experience

In other words, take advantage of the fact that you're making bank, and start leveraging your hard work and stress into assets that will work for you. Once you get to a certain stage, yes, you can consider moving into less stressful (even if less paying) positions. I have been in your situation, but I followed advice to suck it up for 5 years, with an eye towards my next move (which hopefully is not just another job). Once you have that goal in mind, you'll realize the stress is worth it.

Bro!!!...
Trust me, I'm on this path already

So help me God

The take home is over 300K like i said, and I save up more than half and planning my exit aggressively while hoping for a soft landing
Whatever anyone says, this life is too short to stay unhappy because of one Job

again, I really appreciate this...I'm taking a look at the threads right away

3 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Evergreen4(m): 5:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
ufotty2001:
bro, look for online business not online investment .. I mean online business start from afresh you can build a career that will make u money.. not get rich quick scheme I mean online business
Bro, drop a little IQ pls.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by dhtml6(m): 5:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
I was in a similar situation once, I hated the job. I resigned without any job prospect, and I got away with it too. In between, I suffered o and even came to regret my decision.

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Ryan03(f): 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
MrSensor:
beggers everywhere.
she did not beg you for money, why shaming her na? Everybody is trying for a better job so whats wrong in what she did?
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Kobicove(m): 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

How did you come to be in that department?

Were you transferred from another department?

You should consider investing in some trainings to improve on your skills set
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Focusmind: 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
I do understand the OPs predicament. OP may be very incompetent and his boss and colleagues makes fun of him because of that. This usually happens in organization where the bosses doesn't have the right to fire. We had one guy like that - grossly incompetent. We hardly reckoned with him and this was affecting him badly. Whatever he did, my boss would shout at him.

He was always extremely careful not to make any mistake as our boss will come hard on him. The same thing others would make mistakes on and our boss will overlook. Probably saw it as a one off thing. But once it was the guy, heaven would fall and it was affecting him emotionally. Though grossly incompetent, he was brought to our firm from US through a paddy paddy arrangment

He later resigned and returned back to US

4 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by seanwilliam(m): 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
Comot from the job jare and abuse that your boss before u live..

Since you decided not to have sense..
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Oyiboman69: 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
I can understand your situation, but first, you have to pay more attention to your job and ignore the people around there and that way,the people around will respect your input. In fact change your attitude towards your job and see other things falls in place..
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by SpaceX: 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
In Borno a 300k earner is still a learner shaaa grin
kai! you don't mean it.

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by pomide(m): 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
In Borno a 300k earner is still a learner shaaa grin

Lol, I sight you. NGO things

3 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Winneygirl(f): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

I felt this way.
What I did?
I proceeded on leave, and rested.
Sometimes, i travel, see new places, ride a train, ride a boat, go swimming and just refresh myself..
When I return, it would not be so bad.
Plus you will gain a lot of ideas for your personal life.
I'm currently on leave. I wasn't ready to proceed on leave, but i realised that my morale was too low. Two days off now, and I'm feeling better. My brain is starting to think on it's own.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
use the money u earn from this ur job and save it then use a part when its enough to establish a business or career that u love and when u making more than enough from that career then u can resign from this job u dislike.this is what smart ppl do.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by IMASTEX: 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
ursullalinda:
This life no balance.......some have food but cannot eat.......some can eat but have no food......smh
There is this thing called endless futuristic desire. The more you climb, the more you desire and the less you appreciate what has already been gotten. The circle is endless!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo) / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.