Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,426 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Who Else Also Agrees With Me That Valverde Was Better Than Quiue Seitien? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Else Also Agrees With Me That Valverde Was Better Than Quiue Seitien? (518 Views)

Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry / AFCON 2021: I Was Better Than Mendy – Egypt Keeper, Abou-Gabal / When Dembélé Returned From Injury, Valverde Was Fired. (2) (3) (4)

Who Else Also Agrees With Me That Valverde Was Better Than Quiue Seitien? by Moura7(m): 11:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
Now I'm not saying Barca should have stuck with Valverde, I'm just saying we shouldn't have gone for a lesser option. Valverde cost us the UCL twice with his lack of tactics but tight situations in terms of making the right and decisive changes early when a match takes an unexpected turn but at least there were some things that just didn't happen in Barca under his watch.
Firstly, He ensured that Camp You continued to be a fortress. The camp nou was like a stadium only the barca knew how to play on. Other teams couldn't just play there, no matter how in form the team was (a only a handful of teams had managed to win barca there in the last decade). But with Quiue, it was like we struggled to win at home sef.

Secondly, with Valverde we created more chances and scored more but since Quiue, we scored above three goals very few occasions.

Lastly, I feel while we search for another coach to help see us through this CL season, we should also try to get players with initiative, players who can take on opponents alone, even if it's just one.
Messi can't be the only dribbler in the team, no it's not just right. When he's not with the ball, we pass and pass till it gets to him before we can move forward. How pathetic? Semedo dribbles well too but he's a defender who has to return to his position quickly anytime he goes Inside. With Iniesta then, it was better, he could dribble and also give those cutting edge passes too but now Messi has to dribble and also give those passes too, and even sometimes when he does this they players still give the ball back to him instead of taking a chance at goal. Dembele would have been able to at least help cause he has the pace and on a good, he dribbles well and then he has an eye for goal but he's too injury prone that sometimes you tend to forget that he's even a barca player.

Meanwhile, I still believe somehow that we've still got a chance in this UCL if the players can step up well and not leave everything to Messi alone cause even him can do it alone. What would happen on occasions where he has a bad day then? You can imagine how someone of his age has played every minute for barca since the restart of the league. The guy doesn't rest at all cause there's literally no one to help ease the burden for him.
Re: Who Else Also Agrees With Me That Valverde Was Better Than Quiue Seitien? by OBTMOS(m): 11:46pm On Jul 16, 2020
U de make Noise

Laliga wey we carry na e make u d yarn opoto like this

Hala Madrid jooor!!!
Re: Who Else Also Agrees With Me That Valverde Was Better Than Quiue Seitien? by shogsman(m): 12:08am On Jul 17, 2020
The truth is that Barcelona will always be a failure as long as that president still remains there,I hope messi leaves at the end of the season
Re: Who Else Also Agrees With Me That Valverde Was Better Than Quiue Seitien? by paulolee(m): 7:58am On Jul 17, 2020
i dont agree, setien is better because his pattern was better than that clown and setien followed baca philosophy..
Re: Who Else Also Agrees With Me That Valverde Was Better Than Quiue Seitien? by Bossman25(m): 8:12am On Jul 17, 2020
Do you know the meaning of wear and tear?
That is what is happening to Barca. The useless Valverde rod his luck with a team that was young and agile, the league in his first season was a no brainer has madrishit where no where to be found even with Zidane. Yet you will see that during valverde time, the team lacked coaching, valverde is not a good coach at all. He messed up the team badly. He is the reason other top coaches are scared of coaching the team. Valverde is a coach scared of bringing in young players simply becos he wants to save his job.

Setien on the other hand met a team full of old players, he steadied the ship, went back to the basis of possession football.....you will see his coaching when he has a full preseason with the team and with young players. The match with Osasuna he rolled out a team full of energy, the opponent used 5-6 defenders in the match playing with a counter.
When setien came he made the players work hard in training, and the Messi Fc Caucasus guys e.g Suarez, Messi, Busquet, Rakitic, Vidal, Pique ...all fought with setien simply becos the training Regime where too tasking.
If any team with this Barca level of aged players are doomed to fail. Someone of Athletico sold Godin, Raul Garcia, Mario Suarez, all old players to bring new young player for his team yet, he didn't win the league but you could see the intensity of there game.....the way they fight for the ball.
So in a nutshell, if Barca like let them buy De Bruyne to the team, if Pique, Rakitic, Alba, Suarez and those old players are not sold....na TROPHYLESS season for 2 years be that. Simple.
Re: Who Else Also Agrees With Me That Valverde Was Better Than Quiue Seitien? by Moura7(m): 8:23am On Jul 17, 2020
OBTMOS:
U de make Noise

Laliga wey we carry na e make u d yarn opoto like this

Hala Madrid jooor!!!

Bro I no dey dispute the fact say Madrid deserve laliga...They deserve it cos they worked really hard for it but I'm saying Valverde was better than Setien....dude was top of laliga when he left. At home nobody could even draw us there but now we're even losing there
Re: Who Else Also Agrees With Me That Valverde Was Better Than Quiue Seitien? by Moura7(m): 8:25am On Jul 17, 2020
Bossman25:
Do you know the meaning of wear and tear?
That is what is happening to Barca. The useless Valverde rod his luck with a team that was young and agile, the league in his first season was a no brainer has madrishit where no where to be found even with Zidane. Yet you will see that during valverde time, the team lacked coaching, valverde is not a good coach at all. He messed up the team badly. He is the reason other top coaches are scared of coaching the team. Valverde is a coach scared of bringing in young players simply becos he wants to save his job.

Setien on the other hand met a team full of old players, he steadied the ship, went back to the basis of possession football.....you will see his coaching when he has a full preseason with the team and with young players. The match with Osasuna he rolled out a team full of energy, the opponent used 5-6 defenders in the match playing with a counter.
When setien came he made the players work hard in training, and the Messi Fc Caucasus guys e.g Suarez, Messi, Busquet, Rakitic, Vidal, Pique ...all fought with setien simply becos the training Regime where too tasking.
If any team with this Barca level of aged players are doomed to fail. Someone of Athletico sold Godin, Raul Garcia, Mario Suarez, all old players to bring new young player for his team yet, he didn't win the league but you could see the intensity of there game.....the way they fight for the ball.
So in a nutshell, if Barca like let them buy De Bruyne to the team, if Pique, Rakitic, Alba, Suarez and those old players are not sold....na TROPHYLESS season for 2 years be that. Simple.

Yeah that's true....but do you think barca has older players than juventus? yet you don't see them slacking like this all the time.
Re: Who Else Also Agrees With Me That Valverde Was Better Than Quiue Seitien? by Bossman25(m): 8:37am On Jul 17, 2020
They are totally slacking. Did you see the way they played against Atalanta? Those Atalanta players ball them, played them of the pack in Turin. If not of those 2 penalties ....Juve have much worse and similar issues.

Moura7:

Yeah that's true....but do you think barca has older players than juventus? yet you don't see them slacking like this all the time.
Re: Who Else Also Agrees With Me That Valverde Was Better Than Quiue Seitien? by Moura7(m): 8:38am On Jul 17, 2020
I don't think passing the ball from ter to Suarez back to ter again is Barca's philosophy at all that's not possession at all it's just playing safe waiting for the opponent to slip up before we get a go which most times do not result in a goal.. sometimes Ter has up to 50 passes completed in a match and it's just passes to pique and lenglet. We all watched barca with pep or even Tito, heck even with Enrique, now that was possession, possession that actually created chances and cut defenses open

Download Video: Brighton Vs Chelsea 1-3 All Goals & Full Highlights 2020 HD Mp4 / I Won’t Apologise For 2010 World Cup Goal Miss, Says Aiyegbeni / Liverpool Player’s Salary Reveals Salah Takes Home Twice As Mane!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79