Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? (16059 Views)

The Types And Ages Of Animals That Can Be Used For Eid Sacrifice / Ages Of Animals That Can Be Used For Eid Sacrifice / Eid-ul-fitr: Muslims To Fast Tomorrow, Shawwal Moon Not Sighted In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by Lukgaf(m): 6:12am On Jul 17, 2020
Assalam Alaekum WaramotuLah Wabarakatuh,

AlhamduLilah, we are few days to Eid-ul-Adha, one of the two major Islamic festival. Those who plans to make Udhiya (Qurbani) this year would have been keeping themselves updated about the price of these animals permissible to be slaughtered. Some of these animals include a goat, sheep, cow, bull, buffalo or camel, male or female if they meet the condition (see here, for further information on the type of animal and the condition they should meet).

“There is nothing dearer to Allâh during the days of Qurbâni than the sacrificing of animals. The sacrificed animal shall come on the Day of Qiyamah with its horns, hair and hooves (to be weighed in reward). The sacrifice is accepted by Allâh before the blood reaches the ground. Therefore, sacrifice with an open and happy heart.” (Hadith-Ibn Majah).

“Whoever has the capacity to sacrifice and does not do so, should not come to the place where the Eid prayer is offered.” (Hadith-Ibn Majah).

In order to encourage our brethren who, thinks it is very expensive to make Udiyah, can you please tell us the price of these animals at your location?
For people in Oke-ogun area of Oyo-state, the price is #25000 and above depending on the size of the animal.

May Allah make it easy for us

12 Likes

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:35am On Jul 17, 2020
Lukgaf:

Assalam Alaekum WaramotuLah Wabarakatuh,

AlhamduLilah, we are few days to Eid-ul-Adha, one of the two major Islamic festival. Those who plans to make Udhiya (Qurbani) this year would have been keeping themselves updated about the price of these animals permissible to be slaughtered. Some of these animals include a goat, sheep, cow, bull, buffalo or camel, male or female if they meet the condition (see here, for further information on the type of animal and the condition they should meet).

“There is nothing dearer to Allâh during the days of Qurbâni than the sacrificing of animals. The sacrificed animal shall come on the Day of Qiyamah with its horns, hair and hooves (to be weighed in reward). The sacrifice is accepted by Allâh before the blood reaches the ground. Therefore, sacrifice with an open and happy heart.” (Hadith-Ibn Majah).

“Whoever has the capacity to sacrifice and does not do so, should not come to the place where the Eid prayer is offered.” (Hadith-Ibn Majah).

In order to encourage our brethren who, thinks it is very expensive to make Udiyah, can you please tell us the price of these animals at your location?
For people in Oke-ogun area of Oyo-state, the price is #25000 and above depending on the size of the animal.

May Allah make it easy for us

Amin.

Animals for Qurbani
Sheep is at least six months and goats at least one year in age (enough for one person’s Qurbani)
Cows or buffalo at least two years in age (enough for seven people’s Qurbani)
Camels of at least five years in age (enough for seven people’s Qurbani)

In addition, all animals must be healthy and free of disease, including the following conditions:
They must not be blind, one-eyed or have lost a third (or more) of their sight
They cannot be missing a third (or more) of their ear or tail, either through loss or since birth
Their horn(s) cannot be broken off from their root
They must not have a lame leg that is sufficiently weak that they are unable to walk on it
They cannot be excessively thin or lean
They must be able to walk themselves to the site of the slaughter
They cannot be toothless, or missing over half their teeth
There is no preference between male or female Qurbani animals. It is preferable that male Qurbani animals are castrated, but this is not compulsory.

May Allah accept it from us all.

12 Likes

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by Lukgaf(m): 9:12am On Jul 17, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Amin.

Animals for Qurbani
Sheep is at least six months and goats at least one year in age (enough for one person’s Qurbani)
Cows or buffalo at least two years in age (enough for seven people’s Qurbani)
Camels of at least five years in age (enough for seven people’s Qurbani)

In addition, all animals must be healthy and free of disease, including the following conditions:
They must not be blind, one-eyed or have lost a third (or more) of their sight
They cannot be missing a third (or more) of their ear or tail, either through loss or since birth
Their horn(s) cannot be broken off from their root
They must not have a lame leg that is sufficiently weak that they are unable to walk on it
They cannot be excessively thin or lean
They must be able to walk themselves to the site of the slaughter
They cannot be toothless, or missing over half their teeth
There is no preference between male or female Qurbani animals. It is preferable that male Qurbani animals are castrated, but this is not compulsory.

May Allah accept it from us all.
JazakumLlohu khayron Abu AbdLah

8 Likes

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by chillychill(f): 10:31am On Jul 17, 2020
Amin... Jazakumllahu kayran.. And for those of us that has been sharpening our teeth n wants to eat the meat, shey we get good reward sha cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by alsudaes1(m): 11:10am On Jul 17, 2020
May Allaah make it a blessed eid for us all and may we witness lots of it. Ameen

I will also suggest that more enlightenment should be made on the opportunity of 7 persons coming together to kill a cow while they each have reward of performing the sacrifice.
This should be encouraged via jumat khutbah as well, many people are ignorant of this and once they can't afford the price of 1 ram, they just give up on sacrificing animals to earn reward.

7 Likes

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by Kaybaba5(m): 11:11am On Jul 17, 2020
humn

1 Like

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by money121(m): 11:13am On Jul 17, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by Hafyz23(m): 11:14am On Jul 17, 2020
May Allah gives us provision,permission and health to make it happen

2 Likes

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by Amuluonyenaego: 11:14am On Jul 17, 2020
No one is even bringing forth the prices abi this coro dn make everybody go coromental

6 Likes

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by Thatitan234(m): 11:16am On Jul 17, 2020
I hope it won't be too expensive this year o.
A decent sized currently sells for 30k in some areas in Lagos.

I'd expect it to go up in the coming week. However, I doubt it'll be crazy expensive this year due to low purchasing power of the average Nigerian now.

Update 28 July, 2020

I bought mine for 37,000 in Meiran, Lagos
Just an average size.

6 Likes

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by Predator1: 11:17am On Jul 17, 2020
How many days to Eid?

1 Like

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by koolaid87: 11:17am On Jul 17, 2020
cool
Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by Shollay20(m): 11:26am On Jul 17, 2020
Ram too cost here in ilorin, sango, adeta round about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by ishowdotgmail(m): 11:29am On Jul 17, 2020
Pray God provide for me this Eid Kabir to buy ram for my dad. Just did surgery of over 1.5million on him last week.

Alihamdulillahi for the gift of life

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by textilemania(m): 11:37am On Jul 17, 2020
30-35k, Abuja.

Though not too big ram but on average.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by Postboiswag(m): 11:44am On Jul 17, 2020
textilemania:
30-35k, Abuja.

Though not too big ram but on average.

Ram cheap for Abuja oo

2 Likes

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by shintaku(m): 11:46am On Jul 17, 2020
In Nasarawa state an average good looking ram is priced from 35k to 50k.

3 Likes

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by Idrisk19(m): 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
Shollay20:
Ram too cost here in ilorin, sango, adeta round about.
did you buy one from the places u mentioned? particularly. Sango/Kara
Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by opeyemix: 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
I got some nice offer yesterday but before I woke up this morning to meet those mallam, they already left their spot. By the way I am currently in ilorin
Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by 3kay945(m): 12:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
I asked for the cost of one big ram (not biggest ever) at Igando, Lagos yesterday.
The aboki said 170k, I didn't bother to negotiate. I smiled and left telling him I would be back.

6 Likes

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by HOMEBASE1NIGER: 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
Lukgaf:

JazakumLlohu khayron Abu AbdLah
Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by olasco18(m): 1:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
Even chicken I no fit buy talkless of ram, so I don't even know How much ram cost
Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by Chitumu: 1:13pm On Jul 17, 2020
Postboiswag:

Ram cheap for Abuja oo
u can get it outside abuja before izom town along suleja minna road, just 200 naira drive from suleja every tuesday. u can get one for btw 15k to 20k for the average ram.
Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by IMAliyu(m): 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2020
35k to 40k in Adamawa.
Average size
Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by Emu4life(m): 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2020
35k to 50k average ram The FCT
Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by baba2ndey2(m): 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
ishowdotgmail:
Pray God provide for me this Eid Kabir to buy ram for my dad. Just did surgery of over 1.5million on him last week.

Alihamdulillahi for the gift o9f life
may Almighty Allah strengthen ur pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by OAmbali: 2:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ameen
baba2ndey2:
may Almighty Allah strengthen ur pocket.
Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by OAmbali: 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2020
We have rams of different sizes for sale. We deliver to any destination in Lagos.
Kindly patronise us. Call/WhatsApp 08183672291
Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by motayoayinde: 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
advocatejare:
It's that time of the year. The question is how many Muslims know the story behind eid al-Adha.

Most Muslims do not know that Sarah was not the mother of Ishmael. Ishmael is the ancestor of the Arabs and Muhammad. Ishmael was the son of Hagar the Egyptian slave of Sarah.

Imams and Ustaz always lie to us that Abraham wanted to sacrifice Ishmael but the Quran never made that claim. The Quran was silent on the name of the sacrificial son, but it's glaring that the son is Isaac

The Quran is disjointed, I'll help you by bringing it together so that you can know that Isaac is the one whose glad tidings was brought
رَبِّ هَبْ لِى مِنَ الصّٰلِحِينَ
"My Lord, grant me [a child] from among the righteous."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 100)

فَبَشَّرْنٰهُ بِغُلٰمٍ حَلِيمٍ
"So We gave him good tidings of a forbearing boy."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 101)

وَامْرَأَتُهُۥ قَآئِمَةٌ فَضَحِكَتْ فَبَشَّرْنٰهَا بِإِسْحٰقَ وَمِنْ وَرَآءِ إِسْحٰقَ يَعْقُوبَ
"And his Wife was standing, and she smiled. Then We gave her good tidings of Isaac and after Isaac, Jacob."
(QS. Hud 11: Verse 71)

وَبَشَّرْنٰهُ بِإِسْحٰقَ نَبِيًّا مِّنَ الصّٰلِحِينَ
"And We gave him good tidings of Isaac, a prophet from among the righteous."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 112)

فَلَمَّا بَلَغَ مَعَهُ السَّعْىَ قَالَ يٰبُنَىَّ إِنِّىٓ أَرٰى فِى الْمَنَامِ أَنِّىٓ أَذْبَحُكَ فَانْظُرْ مَاذَا تَرٰى  ۚ قَالَ يٰٓأَبَتِ افْعَلْ مَا تُؤْمَرُ  ۖ سَتَجِدُنِىٓ إِنْ شَآءَ اللَّهُ مِنَ الصّٰبِرِينَ
"And when he reached with him [the age of] exertion, he said, O my son, indeed I have seen in a dream that I [must] sacrifice you, so see what you think. He said, O my father, do as you are commanded. You will find me, if Allah wills, of the steadfast."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 102)

The Quran didn't tell us why Abraham's wife smiled (wife not slave girl) we will pardon the Quran for not telling us because the Quran had said we should believe in the Torah and in the Torah, the reason why Sarah laughed was explained.

Muhammad knew that he plagiarized the Torah, Psalms and Gospels that was why he directed you to those books for proper understanding of what he told you because without those books most stories in the Quran can't be understood, and he was also exonerating himself in a way. So that on day of judgement when you're giving excuses that Muhammad was the one that misled you, Muhammad would simply tell you that he had instructed you to find out the truth by yourself

Now let me teach you.

"My Lord, grant me [a child] from among the righteous."
(QS. As-Saaffaat 37: Verse 100)

This is the Explanation :

Genesis 15
Verse 1 : Some time later, the Lord spoke to Abram in a vision and said to him, “Do not be afraid, Abram, for I will protect you, and your reward will be great.”

2. But Abram replied, “O Sovereign Lord, what good are all your blessings when I don’t even have a son? Since you’ve given me no children, Eliezer of Damascus, a servant in my household, will inherit all my wealth.

4. Then the Lord said to him, “No, your servant will not be your heir, for you will have a son of your own who will be your heir.”

But Sarah decided to help God by giving her maid, Hagar to Abraham because Sarah felt she was too old to have a child.

Genesis 16:1-2
Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had not been able to bear children for him. But she had an Egyptian servant named Hagar.
So Sarai said to Abram, “The Lord has prevented me from having children. Go and sleep with my servant. Perhaps I can have children through her.” And Abram agreed with Sarai’s proposal.

But when Hagar got pregnant for Abraham, she began to treat Sarah in contempt and Sarah reported to Abraham who then asked Sarah to deal with Hagar as she liked since Hagar was her maid. Sarah then sent Hagar away and the Angel of the Lord saw Hagar and instructed her to go back and submit to the authority of Sarah her mistress and the Angel of the Lord told Hagar that the child in her womb will be called Ishmael and that

"This son of yours will be a wild man, as untamed as a wild donkey! He will raise his fist against everyone, and everyone will be against him. Yes, he will live in open hostility against all his relatives.”

Perfect description of Muhammad, a wild man, untamed and in open hostility against his relatives the descendants of Isaac(Israel)
-Genesis 16:5-12

Now, God brought the good tidings of Isaac by telling Abraham that Sarah would have a child

Genesis 17:15-22
Then God said to Abraham, “Regarding Sarai, your wife—her name will no longer be Sarai. From now on her name will be Sarah.
And I will bless her and give you a son from her! Yes, I will bless her richly, and she will become the mother of many nations. Kings of nations will be among her descendants.”

Then Abraham bowed down to the ground, but he laughed to himself in disbelief. “How could I become a father at the age of 100?” he thought. “And how can Sarah have a baby when she is ninety years old?”

Then Abraham wanted to help God again by saying God should simply bless Ishmael instead of trying to give Sarah a child at that very old age.

But God replied, “No—Sarah, your wife, will give birth to a son for you. You will name him Isaac, and I will confirm my covenant with him and his descendants as an everlasting covenant.

He said He will bless Ishmael too but his covenant will be with Isaac.

Now on the issue of Sarah's laughter.

Genesis 18:10-14

Then one of them said, “I will return to you about this time next year, and your wife, Sarah, will have a son!” Sarah was listening to this conversation from the tent.

Abraham and Sarah were both very old by this time, and Sarah was long past the age of having children.

So she laughed silently to herself and said, “How could a worn-out woman like me enjoy such pleasure, especially when my master—my husband—is also so old?”

Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh? Why did she say, ‘Can an old woman like me have a baby?’

Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return about this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

Genesis 21:1-3
The Lord kept his word and did for Sarah exactly what he had promised.

She became pregnant, and she gave birth to a son for Abraham in his old age. This happened at just the time God had said it would.
And Abraham named their son Isaac.

Later, Ishmael was making fun of Isaac and Sarah saw him and asked Abraham to send Hagar and Ishmael away and that was how they left Abraham's house leaving Abraham with only Isaac as the only Son in his house, long before Abraham was instructed to sacrifice Isaac.

Now, the Bible was clear on whom Abraham was to sacrifice

Genesis 22:2

“Take your son, your only son—yes, Isaac, whom you love so much—and go to the land of Moriah. Go and sacrifice him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will show you.”
BRO. WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN IS NOTHING NEW. THIS IS AN ARGUMENT THAT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR MORE THAN A THOUSAND YEARS.

THE DIFFERENT VERSES THAT YOU'VE PUT TOGETHER DONT PROVE YOUR POINT. AND YOU LIED ABOUT MOST MUSLIMS NOT KNOWING THAT HAGAR/ HAAJAR GAVE BIRTH TO ISHMAEL/ISMAIL. THIS IS UNTRUE.

ON THIS, MUSLIMS HAVE STUCK TO THEIR OWN VERSION JUST AS CHRISTIANS HAVE, EVEN BEFORE WE WERE ALL BORN.

I DOUBT IF THIS YOUR TINY LITTLE EFFORT WILL CHANGE A THING. IN FACT AS YOU TYPE THIS, SERMONS ARE ONGOING IN MOSQUES AROUND THE WORLD ON THIS SAME TOPIC. THE MUSLIM VERSION.

SO PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE MADE A SACRIFICE AS BIG AS FALSIFYING YOUR IDENTITY TO MAKE COMMENTS LIKE THIS, DO IT WITH SINCERITY AND REPRESENT FACTS CORRECTLY.

8 Likes

Re: Preparation For Eid-ul-adha: How Much Is Ram In Your Area? by kzubyar(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
Postboiswag:

Ram cheap for Abuja oo
At NCC very close to jere you can get one of less than that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Factors That Hinders The Acceptance Of Prayer / 7 Common Mistakes In Solah / Position Of Hijab In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.