Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Where Do I Redeem My Vow - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Do I Redeem My Vow (2427 Views)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Where To Redeem My Vow To God / Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do I Redeem My Vow by nossycheek(f): 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2007
We are Catholics but had a problem that took us to MFM for a while.

While there, I made a vow within me to give an amount to the Lord if he
delivers my baby from the ailment that troubled her, we took the medications as directed by the doctors and to the Glory of God, she has been healed after the period of medication.

In the course of the treatment, my husband, insisted that we go back to Catholic Church even though I preferred Penticostal Churches and MFM for that matter. But I had to be submissive and we went back to the Church.

The issue is that I want to redeem my pledge but am confused about where to give it. MFM or Catholic Church?

Secondly, Can I redeem the vow instalmentally, maybe twice or thrice but will definitely redeem it to the last kobo?
Re: Where Do I Redeem My Vow by Aproko(f): 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2007
you said you would give an amount to the Lord and not to the church, so as long as you are giving to the Lord, you can give anywhere, it doesn't even have to be the church you attend, it may not necessarily be to a church!!!

as for paying instalmentally, well i guess you can, i'm sure the Lord would not appreciate your stealing just to give to him
Re: Where Do I Redeem My Vow by magneto(m): 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2007
giving to God, like the above poster rightly said, doesn't necessarily mean giving to church. personally, i'd suggest you give it to charity, or look for someone in genuine need and bless his/her life. trust me, u'll be so happy and really feel in your heart that ur gift has been accepted. afterall our Lord Jesus said, "if u do this for the least of my brethren, u do also for me. . ." (dunno which verse of scripture)
Re: Where Do I Redeem My Vow by barikade: 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2007
magneto:

afterall our Lord Jesus said, "if u do this for the least of my brethren, u do also for me. . ." (don't know which verse of scripture)

Matt. 25:40 -- And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

It all depends on the circumstances upon which the vow was made. However, it shouldn't have to be a rigid exercise of pledging to God. There's a difference between giving to the poor; and administreing to the saints.

Yet, as along as there's a willing heart to do anything for His glory and the honour of the name of His Son Jesus Christ, He is well-pleased.

Cheers.
Re: Where Do I Redeem My Vow by nossycheek(f): 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2007
bari_kade:

It all depends on the circumstances upon which the vow was made. However, it shouldn't have to be a rigid exercise of pledging to God. There's a difference between giving to the poor; and administreing to the saints.

I secretly made a vow to give to God. Does it mean giving to the poor?
Re: Where Do I Redeem My Vow by Aproko(f): 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2007
@ bari_kade,

you would never disapoint me!!!do you carry these bible verses around? smiley smiley smiley smiley

@ poster,

nossycheek:

I secretly made a vow to give to God. Does it mean giving to the poor?

and does it mean giving to the church? bari_kade has pointed it out to you. matt 25:40 - if you give to somebody in need, you have also given to God. don't make your vow rigid my dear.
Re: Where Do I Redeem My Vow by Iman3(m): 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2007
@nossycheek

How do you reconcile this thread here with this other thread? grin https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=58376.msg1183380#msg1183380
Re: Where Do I Redeem My Vow by mukina2: 8:38pm On Jun 18, 2007
" grin "
Re: Where Do I Redeem My Vow by nossycheek(f): 9:57am On Jun 19, 2007
I-man:

@nossycheek

How do you reconcile this thread here with this other thread? grin https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=58376.msg1183380#msg1183380

Sorry I-man, the story in that thread actually relates to my twin sister and a true one for the matter. it was after posting it that I realized that I should have stated that the lady involved is my twin sister.

For me, I happily married with 3 kids.

That is the reconciliation. I was weighed down by pressure of having to look after mother and child in addition to my own family. Sorry about the mix up.
Re: Where Do I Redeem My Vow by tlops(m): 9:17pm On Jun 22, 2007
my dear sister, redeem your vow where u pledged it.

(1) (Reply)

I Want You , My Nairaland Bros And Sis To Pray For Her / Watch Pastor Chris Comment On Who A Man Of God Is- Youtube / Atheists, Let Us Discuss Christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.