Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists (43592 Views)

Castration As Punishment For Rapists In Kaduna Approved By House Of Assembly / El-Rufai: No More Bail For Rapists. We’re Considering Castration As Punishment / Reps Reject Castration As Punishment For Rapists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by mayprince(m): 7:35am On Jul 18, 2020
These Countries have enacted Castration as punishment for Rapists.

Increasing reports of rape and child sexual abuse have pushed many lawmakers around the world to formulate policies to tackle this pressing issue. Among this is castration. The House of representative has earlier rejected Castration as punishment for Rapist on a basis of what will happen to a female rapist. However, Kano state House of assembly have recently commenced the process to further amend its law to make castration a penalty for rape offenders.This has generated a generated a lot of controversies but a critical look at these countries will provide deep inspection to the punishment.

It is to be noted that castration can be Surgical or Chemical.

Surgical castration involve the loss of testicles. This procedure applies to males only while Chemical castration is used to reduce sexual urges.A drug is used here to reduce sexual drives, compulsive sexual fantasies and capacity for sexual arousal.

Can a female be chemically castrated? Yes, it effects on a female is the same as a male though there is little research about chemically lowering female's sex drive since most research focuses on the opposite sex.

Now let's look at this countries that have enacted such law:

1. Indonesia - Indonesia's parliament on October 2016 passed law authorising chemical castration following a number of high profile cases of child sexual abuse in the country. The first man sentenced to chemical Castration in 2019 said he would prefer an increase in prison time or even the death penalty.

2. Czech republic - The Czech Republic practice surgical Castration for sex offenders. The law was introduced in 1966. According to official figures, 85 people underwent surgical castration in the Czech Republic between 2000 and 2011. However this practice has drawn strong criticism from rights groups.

3. Ukraine - Ukraine's parliament on July 2019 approves measure to chemically castrate rapists. The legislation will potentially apply to individuals aged between 18 and 65 found guilty of raping or sexually abusing minors.

4. Alabama - Alabama is a Southeastern US state. It signed into law a bill that requires some convicted paedophiles to undergo chemical castration. The bill was signed into law by Governor Kay Ivey in June 2019.

If these countries have legalised castration in order to reduce offending, this may be plausible on the grounds of individual rehabilitation, but we may still need more evidence to establish that it will be effective as a general deterrent.

https://twitter.com/Tobimichael001/status/1284284096651419648?s=19

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by Ezennwa(m): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2020

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by mamaafrik(m): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2020
Women who tries to seduce,rape or scam men for Sexual or financial gain too should be subjected to Breast removal.
Those in support say "Aye"

317 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by Olabode971(f): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2020
but the lifeless one doesn't think; not to talk of be working towards making Law such as diz

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by bottlewater1(m): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2020
what if a female rapes what will be the punishment

modified:

those of you quoting me, I read through before asking the question. I just ask for emphasis sake

so please use your brain well because I didn't vote for the person punishing you

Please don't transfer aggresion to me

thanks

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by Simplyleo: 7:41am On Jul 18, 2020
Really?

But when Kaduna state enacted similar sanction against rapists, I could remember ipob miscreants did not waste time before lashing Elrufai and insulted him down to his forefathers for "introducing sharia" in a state.

What will they say now? Obviously, the miscreants will make another U-turn the way the chief pig lamidi cownu always chicken out. undecided

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by azadus18: 7:59am On Jul 18, 2020
Heer
Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by double77: 8:12am On Jul 18, 2020
As much as I hate rape this law very wrong because innocent people might be caught up in it.
Imagine the innocent man that went to jail for 30 years was castrated and 30 years later the truth came out.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by callmeRichie(m): 8:33am On Jul 18, 2020
We have religion-nised everything in my kantry, this won't be approved here. they'd rather go for sharia lawgrin

1 Like

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by Righteousness89(m): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2020
If Humans in their limited Knowledge could still pass a Castration Judgements on Rapists..

Then Let us imagine what awaits All who leave This Earth without JESUS Christ..

Then Imagine the Fate of All who will Miss The Rapture of the Saints...

Then Imagine the Fate of all Whose Names are not in the Book of Life....

Don't be Caught in the Distractions that has been Released... There is No More Time!

Secure your Eternal Life With JESUS...

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by ainas247: 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
shocked thanks OP
what of curruption

rank your website on Google first page
chat up now
Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by morikee: 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
Preek dey cause wahala hmm.
Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
Damnnnn Niggarrr

Isnotorightatall

Which kind wahalar be dis sef?

The young nigarrs won't want to talk about this, but when it comes to Dorothy. ..

Lemme not talk

3 Likes

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by Slawormir: 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
I support
How do you get erection and penetrating the Virginia of a woman who is in pain and probably crying baffles me
Even devil won't do that

Then for females...... Give them oophorectomy it will reduce the level of Estrogen
Infact i recommend death for rapist whether male or female rapist
First force a hive of bees down their throat. Then rub their mouth with gasoline to further infuriates the bees
After that seal their mouth and watch how the bees stings from within
A very painful way of killing Moda fuckkkers

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by OgbanjeProphet: 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
Punishment worse than castration need to be passed into law to discourage rape especially at this moment that rapists are running amok here and there. But such punishment or castration would surely be abused by some women and even our sars officers. Rapists deserve painful death. But it's not every man accused of rape that is guilty.

Castration should not be introduced in Nigeria or many innocent men would loose their akpa-amu.

Some women and girls can be heartless. I have seen many innocent boys punished for rape they did not commit.

A girl I know very well once approached his father's BOYI for sex in the midnight and was cought by her mother while she was still begging the boy to have sex with her. Live and there, she said it was the boy that called her into his own room for sex. The innocent boy almost committed suicide the next afternoon, thank God we were around to save him.

One of my relatives was accused of rape by his neighbour last year. He was beaten and thrown into prison for a week without proper investigation. We conducted different medical test on the supposed victim and she was declared a virgin by two different labs. Her mother latter confessed that she wanted to get back at my brother...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by SpicyMimi(f): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
I am not perfect, but I kinda support this punishment especially after I saw that pic of a baby's vaginal being torn apart... Oh goodness!

By the way, we have clearance sales for men's wears -50% discount off! Check my profile for pics and prices.

1 Like

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
Rape or no rape, castration or no castration hoo... Me kule fed up nitemi undecided undecided....

I am just tired of this Shithole undecided undecided..

What I read on news every day, is not pleasing to me at all... This kind law can't be useful here, no matter what angry angry

I need to live in a saner environ... , Am too filled /sane to be living amidst these bullshits here undecided undecided undecided.
Ps: don't quote me!!!.
Shallom..

4 Likes

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by Tifesingz: 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
I have been financially castrated by FCMB since last week!!!

Please if you use FCMB, withdraw all your money whenever there network is back.

You heard it here first!!!

8 Likes

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by cystem(m): 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by nepapole(m): 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
Correct people!
Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by asatemple(f): 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
And some states in this country is trying to adopt it. Just observing
Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
If they make it a punishment in Nigeria,I will help some fellows take care of their wives cos they ain't just normal
Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by simplemach(m): 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
My fear is, when a guy is wrongly accused and castrated then they find out he is innocent.

Since these days once a woman just says "He raped me", the whole world starts calling out the guy, even without proven facts.

NB
Rape is bad, I strongly stand against it...

6 Likes

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by crossfm: 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
They should carry out comprehensive investigations before punishment.It won't be funny for one to loose his tools just for hear saying.

4 Likes

Re: Countries Where Castration Is A Punishment For Rapists by deoludetola: 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
Naija which way!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

51-Year-Old Rapist Shamed In Ekiti (Photo) / Ibrahim Mustapha: Fake Medical Doctor Jailed For 54 Years In Adamawa (Photos) / Man Caught With Human Head In Oyo State (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.