Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,985 members, 7,845,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Why Do Pastors Preach Giving, But Hardly To Your Neighbour? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Preach Giving, But Hardly To Your Neighbour? (148 Views)

TB Joshua Refuses Offering 'Of Millions' In UK, Says 'Give It To Your Neighbour' / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Pastors Preach Giving, But Hardly To Your Neighbour? by TheGladiator: 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
The predominant message of Christ is love. This is a powerful message, expressed mainly in the form of giving to others(neighbours, Brethens etc. )

I find many churches hardly preach/encourage direct giving or sowing in this manner, instead dwell on giving directly to the church in one form or another.

Is this biblical?

2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver

Matthew 25:40
“And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Re: Why Do Pastors Preach Giving, But Hardly To Your Neighbour? by plessis: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Thieves.

They have destroyed this beautiful religion.

When Christ died, the Christians practiced true Christianity and solved the welfare problem of the whole state. Christians engaged in charity so much that in roman empire, the citizens loved christians more than the government. The government became scared that the citizens might see no need for the state and overthrown them. This was part of the reasons why christians were persecuted.

Any pastor who doesn't constantly teach his members about love and charity is a thief. Quote me anywhere.

(1) (Reply)

The Real Temptation That Accompanies Poverty / Worldly Trends – Pastor Adeboye / 5 Things Needed By Believers To Thrive In This End Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.