Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up (1142 Views)

See What A Football Fan Was Spotted Doing During Tot Vs Che / Good News As Guardiola Set For Key Injury Boost As Star Tipped To Feature Vs Che / VIDEO : Salah Promises Liverpool Fans Victory At The UCL Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by luvola(m): 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2020
LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-Up

Jurgen Klopp said his Liverpool side will not lose against Chelsea on Wednesday night as they prepare to receive the Premier League trophy at Anfield.
The champions have dropped 10 points in their last seven Premier League games since project restart and that is double the five points they dropped in the previous 29 games.
The Liverpool boss accepted that it had been difficult to prepare his side for matches since their won the title. And with the trophy presentation scheduled after the final whistle on Wednesday the German coach knows his side will have to try and focus.

Klopp did though boldly predict his side would not lose and offered the fans a revenge win for their 2014 title defeat, when Steven Gerrard’s infamous slip allowed Chelsea to score. Jose Mourinho’s men won 2-0 and Liverpool’s title hopes slipped away.
Klopp said: “We have to make the first step before the second and first is the game. Then we get the trophy for an outstanding season.

“I am not willing to make that smaller. They all know it’s more fun if you win but it is a proper challenge. Chelsea have history with this [in 2014].”
“I”m not sure how many were in that team [in 2014] but if you want, we can strike back for that. I don’t think we will lose the game, we are in a proper mood for the game. But we have to show that on the pitch.”Klopp admits mistakes cost LiverpoolLiverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admits two huge mistakes from Virgil van Dijk and Alisson Becker cost his side against Arsenal.
In fact there are no players remaining from that 2014 team, which was lead by Brendan Rodgers.

“We’ve always had massive pressure but we have done quite well. Let’s make it difficult for them and possible for us. That is the plan,” added Klopp.

No sub appearance for Klopp

“Chelsea will make some good changes but they have had a proper boost [from FA Cup]. We have to make sure it is not easy for them. Small details decide games and we have to put these things right.

“This is a challenge, being champions and playing these teams. I thought about how it was when I’ve won something before and it’s football. The boys love doing what they do. So far I am fine with attitude we’ve shown. I expect a good game from us and Chelsea.”
“It’s a big challenge. When Pep was at Bayern, we came 2nd with Dortmund. They dominated and lost some games as there was nothing to go for. I am happy how we showed up. There was nothing obvious, just little things you could see. We were the better side v Arsenal.”
Klopp was informed that Kenny Dalglish, who will present the trophy on Wednesday, was part of presentation team after coming on as sub when Liverpool last won title in 1990.

But Klopp added: “There’s no chance I’m coming on as sub tomorrow night!”

https://www.independent.ng/liv-vs-che-klopp-promises-liverpool-fans-revenge-for-2014-slip-up/

Dominique

Front page material
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by ghettokid1(m): 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
Chelsea go hear am.
Cc, vickyrotex
Angelfrost
Fergie001
EbukaHades10
Gbest90
Galactico4ever
BuhariNawah
Themainboy22

Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by ItsGoodToBeGood: 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2020
So na my darling Chelsea they wan use shine.... Let's wait and how it goes
#KTBFFH
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by Angelfrost(m): 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2020
ghettokid1:
Chelsea go hear am.
Cc, vickyrotex
Angelfrost
Fergie001
EbukaHades10
Gbest90
Galactico4ever
BuhariNawah
Themainboy22

Liverpool is almost on knocking or nodding terms with average... Something is off with that team.

Man United and Leicester should not smile yet, Chelsea can win this one. Besides, Lampard's team is currently brimming with confidence... Thanks to Olé!!! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by fergie001: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
ghettokid1:
Chelsea go hear am.
Cc, vickyrotex
Angelfrost
Fergie001
EbukaHades10
Gbest90
Galactico4ever
BuhariNawah
Themainboy22
I think this Chelsea team is very solid and show very good promise thanks to Lampard.
He has done shrewd business and it is very commendable.

Today's game is a 100% gamer for Liverpool.
Liverpool will definitely win but Chelsea is really doing well.

With players like Pulisic, Kovacic, Rudiger, Zouma, Gilmour, Willian as well as new arrivals in Werner, Ziyech and most likely Havertz..this Chelsea team will really go far in the Europa League next season.
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by Angelfrost(m): 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

I think this Chelsea team is very solid and show very good promise thanks to Lampard.

With players like Pulisic, Kovacic, Rudiger, Zouma, Gilmour, Willian as well as new arrivals in Werner, Ziyech and most likely Havertz..this Chelsea team will really go far in the Europa League next season.

Sigh... You don recover abi??! undecided
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by fergie001: 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
Angelfrost:

Sigh... You don recover abi??! undecided
Yes, but Ole can continue watching on my behalf.
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by Themainboy22: 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2020
ghettokid1:
Chelsea go hear am.
Cc, vickyrotex
Angelfrost
Fergie001
EbukaHades10
Gbest90
Galactico4ever
BuhariNawah
Themainboy22
Chelsea may suprise us the way they did with Man U. Either which way, Liverpool has nothing to lose as they don already carry the league.
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by BuhariNaWah: 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

Guy you are wicked.
Your last line was a killer punch grin

1 Like

Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by fergie001: 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2020
BuhariNaWah:

Guy you are wicked.
Your last line was a killer punch grin
angry grin grin grin
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

Beat West-ham first!

1 Like

Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by VickyRotex(f): 9:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
ghettokid1:
Chelsea go hear am.
Cc, vickyrotex
Angelfrost
Fergie001
EbukaHades10
Gbest90
Galactico4ever
BuhariNawah
Themainboy22

Ghettokid1, seriously angry angry make e no shock una o tongue
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by VickyRotex(f): 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
Angelfrost:

Liverpool is almost on knocking or nodding terms with average... Something is off with that team.

Man United and Leicester should not smile yet, Chelsea can win this one. Besides, Lampard's team is currently brimming with confidence... Thanks to Olé!!! grin

In bold: echo echo grin grin
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by VickyRotex(f): 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

With players like Pulisic, Kovacic, Rudiger, Zouma, Gilmour, Willian as well as new arrivals in Werner, Ziyech and most likely Havertz..this Chelsea team will really go far in the Europa League UCL next season.

Fixed! angry angry

Definitely? Ya 100% sure? Wehdone. Make I no talk now ooo lipsrsealed grin grin

Awee wait till tomorrow undecided

Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by EbukaHades10(m): 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2020
ghettokid1:
Chelsea go hear am.
Cc, vickyrotex
Angelfrost
Fergie001
EbukaHades10
Gbest90
Galactico4ever
BuhariNawah
Themainboy22
Win, lose, draw, nothing concern boys.

What I'm after is Henderson's shuffle. IYKYK

Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by EbukaHades10(m): 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
Angelfrost:

But when City loses, nothing is off with them, abi?

Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by fergie001: 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2020
VickyRotex:

Fixed! angry angry

Definitely? Ya 100% sure? Wehdone. Make I no talk now ooo lipsrsealed grin grin

Awee wait till tomorrow undecided
Calm down.....Your blood too dey hot.

I praised Chelsea in my write-up nah cheesy
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by VickyRotex(f): 9:44pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

Calm down.....Your blood too dey hot.

I praised Chelsea in my write-up nah cheesy

Why e no go hot angry angry

Which praise angry Even someone from afar can discern the sarcasm angry
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by fergie001: 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
VickyRotex:

Why e no go hot angry angry

Which praise angry Even someone from afar can discern the sarcasm angry
Up Blues for August 8.....For Life!!!!!
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by VickyRotex(f): 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

Up Blues for August 8.....For Life!!!!!

cheesy ya not a serious someborryy grin grin

awee keep calm and wait till tomorrow. just wasshh grin angry angry
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by fergie001: 10:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
VickyRotex:

cheesy ya not a serious someborryy grin grin

awee keep calm and wait till tomorrow. just wasshh grin angry angry
What I do again? cheesy cheesy

I have taken my own mind off the Norwegian punter......I am more relaxed now to do lukumon
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by Angelfrost(m): 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2020
EbukaHades10:
But when City loses, nothing is off with them, abi?

Boss, everything has been off with this City team even before that infamous and shocking loss to Norwich...

Are we gonna pretend Liverpool's stride hasn't edged off since Simeone performed his UCL magic??! Come on!!!
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by EbukaHades10(m): 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2020
Angelfrost:

Boss, everything has been off with this City team even before that infamous and shocking loss to Norwich...

Are we gonna pretend Liverpool's stride hasn't edged off since Simeone performed his UCL magic??! Come on!!!
Simeone did well but what he did wasn't magic. It's something Mourinho does and he does it well.

If Simeone performed magic, then Nigel performed magic too, same with Pep and Lamps
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by Angelfrost(m): 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2020
Themainboy22:
Chelsea may suprise us the way they did with Man U. Either which way, Liverpool has nothing to lose as they don already carry the league.

Surprised??! What was surprising about last Sunday's FA cup tie??!... Abeg abeg, Aston Villa won't lose to that nonsense set up Mr. Olé brought to Wembley!!!
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by VickyRotex(f): 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

What I do again? cheesy cheesy

I have taken my own mind off the Norwegian punter......I am more relaxed now to do lukumon

What didn't you do undecided We both know what you meant by August 8th. angry Chelsea will qualify for UCL tongue
So we're no longer pushing LC away abi? No wahala angry undecided

Lukumon kor. When your team starts scoring again you'll run out cheesy grin
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by Themainboy22: 6:28am On Jul 22, 2020
Angelfrost:

Surprised??! What was surprising about last Sunday's FA cup tie??!... Abeg abeg, Aston Villa won't lose to that nonsense set up Mr. Olé brought to Wembley!!!
Maybe i'm the only one who was suprised, probably because i was supporting Man U. I feel relaxed coupled with the fact that Man U have been a kinda in form since the beginning of this season, but i was wrong. I guess you are a Chelsea fans, somebody said you guys will do well in "Europa League". Let's see if you can prove him wrong tonight. cheesy
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by Gbest90(m): 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2020
ghettokid1:
Chelsea go hear am.
Cc, vickyrotex
Angelfrost
Fergie001
EbukaHades10
Gbest90
Galactico4ever
BuhariNawah
Themainboy22

The outcome of the game is pretty much irrelevant for Liverpool. All I want is to finally behold our first premier league trophy lift in 30 years.

So many persons died waiting for this very day.
And as such, it's a privilege for me and all Liverpool fans out there to experience this wonderful moment.

But then we can't just forget about that 2014 heartbreak. It still hurts. Seriously.

And like they say REVENGE IS BEST SERVED COLD. In other words my condolence in advance to Chelsea fans tonight.

YNWA.

1 Like

Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by elpochas: 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
These kind of revenge wont be sweet,cos beating the blues today is like giving man utd my enemy a helping hand.The memories of 2014 still hurts but beating the blues today wont help in banishing it,cos it will favour our most hated rival.The only sweet thing is that we beat crystal p to be crowned champions,recived guard of honour from man city and will be geting it from the blues tonight and also lifting the trophy in their presence.These three teams denied us the EPL in 2014.We will still recive the guard of honour from Newcastle also,a thing we could have goten from them in 2014.Destiny can be delayed but can never be changed.
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by Gbest90(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2020
elpochas:
These kind of revenge wont be sweet,cos beating the blues today is like giving man utd my enemy a helping hand.The memories of 2014 still hurts but beating the blues today wont help in banishing it,cos it will favour our most hated rival.The only sweet thing is that we beat crystal p to be crowned champions,recived guard of honour from man city and will be geting it from the blues tonight and also lifting the trophy in their presence.These three teams denied us the EPL in 2014.We will still recive the guard of honour from Newcastle also,a thing we could have goten from them in 2014.Destiny can be delayed but can never be changed.

On point bro.

But we still need to beat Chelsea. Cos it will be kinda weird to do a trophy lift after defeat.
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by Timothy6: 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
Funny
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by elpochas: 6:54am On Jul 23, 2020
Gbest90:

On point bro.

the only joy abt beating the blues last nite was for keeping our unbeaten home record.we just did Man utd a huge favour by beating the blues.A favour they dont deserve.
Re: LIV VS CHE: Klopp Promises Liverpool Fans Revenge For 2014 Slip-up by Crystalmero: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2020

LOLzzzzzz

(1) (Reply)

Daily Sure 2 Odds / How South Africa Won The Right To Host The 2010 World Cup (exclusive) / How Can I Watch Live Streaming Of World Athletics Championship In Daegu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.