Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance (1160 Views)

How Can I Get My Money From African Alliance Insurance Company? / How Can I Be Saving My Money In US Dollars (or Other Foreign Currencies) / Igi Insurance Can't Pay Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by marksburg: 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hello friends,

Please can anyone tell me how to recover my money from iGi insurance?

In 2014, some of their agents sold me a policy where I was depositing 10k monthly out of my monthly salary. The package was for 5yrs.

Last year, I wrote to take my money after the policy was due. They sent me necessary documents which I signed and sent back to them. Since last August until now(one year) they have refused to credit my account.

I have sent out several mails and called their office line. All I hear now is my money will be paid soon.

This is becoming annoying as i currently need my money back. I have thought of travelling down to Lagos to visit their office but my job hasn't allowed me.

Please I need advice. Is there a regulating body I can contact? All I want is my money and I don't care how this is done. Pls advise me.

@MOD pls help move this to front page as I need all the inputs I can get.
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by 0ubenji(m): 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
Contact them

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by daewoorazer(m): 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
Get a lawyer and sue them....if them see litigation letter, them go corate sharpally

Tag that letter on all their social media accounts along side the Police, Segalink, Minister of justice...

Send copies to tundeednut, instablog in IG, subdelivery man on twitter....

Then watch and drink cold Guinness from afar
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by allen113: 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
hmm, me I no trust insurance companies at all.

get a lawyer to advice you.
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by marksburg: 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
daewoorazer:
Get a lawyer and sue them....if them see litigation letter, them go corate sharpally

Tag that letter on all their social media accounts along side the Police, Segalink, Minister of justice...

Send copies to tundeednut, instablog in IG, subdelivery man on twitter....

Then watch and drink cold Guinness from afar

Thanks alot.... But won't a lawyer charge me much?
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by marksburg: 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
allen113:
hmm, me I no trust insurance companies at all.

get a lawyer to advice you.

Won't I get charged too much?
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by daewoorazer(m): 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
marksburg:

Thanks alot.... But won't a lawyer charge me much?

Even a student lawyer can do it...

I don’t know ur state but a lawyer should be able to write that for you @5/10k rate
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by lanreunlimited(m): 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by marksburg: 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
lanreunlimited:
The sector is regulated by NAICOM.

You can fill out their complaints form via this link and follow up with call thru phone number of their website

https://www.naicom.gov.ng/index.php/support/complaints

Good luck!

Thanks....will try this out
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by Phara0h(m): 8:21am On Nov 08, 2020
marksburg:

Thanks....will try this out

Did it work?
I think I might have the same issue
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2020
Phara0h:

Did it work?
I think I might have the same issue

With which insurance company?
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by Netflixng(m): 4:02pm On Nov 08, 2020
Sue them please, that will even earn u more! Sue them for damages and breach of contract
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by Phara0h(m): 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

With which insurance company?
IGI
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by Advision: 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2020
marksburg:
Hello friends,

Please can anyone tell me how to recover my money from iGi insurance?

In 2014, some of their agents sold me a policy where I was depositing 10k monthly out of my monthly salary. The package was for 5yrs.

Last year, I wrote to take my money after the policy was due. They sent me necessary documents which I signed and sent back to them. Since last August until now(one year) they have refused to credit my account.

I have sent out several mails and called their office line. All I hear now is my money will be paid soon.

This is becoming annoying as i currently need my money back. I have thought of travelling down to Lagos to visit their office but my job hasn't allowed me.

Please I need advice. Is there a regulating body I can contact? All I want is my money and I don't care how this is done. Pls advise me.

@MOD pls help move this to front page as I need all the inputs I can get.

Who have you been contacting? IGI through their official channels or the sales agent?

Also, did you pay your premiums to IGI or to the sales agent?

I once took out one of such hybrid( insurance + investment) schemes with Mutual and it turned out well, I don't expect IGI to do otherwise.

Also, report to NAICOM if their official channel isn't responding. They are suppose to keep a certain sum from premiiums paid to ensure claims are adequately covered
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2020
10k is beer money.

Have a heart and free it for them.

One good turn deserves another
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by ivanall: 9:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
@marksburg…did you manage to make progress on this? I'd like to know as I do have the same issue with IGI and I’ve been at it since 2018. I know there are a lot more cases so I am quite surprised that that hasn’t been any intervention from NAICOM even after notifying them on multiple occasions. I also did get a reputable law firm involved and I had to make payment and also committed to paying a percentage of the claim. They committed to a promise date after some back and forth exchanges but didn’t keep to it. Long story short...pls let me know if you manage to make progress and I hope this post serves as lessons learned for anyone thinking of using an insurance firm that seems uninsured..
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by marksburg: 5:53am On Dec 30, 2021
So sorry for not keeping u all updated.

I finally got my money. It was paid into my account up to 5days even before I knew coz I didn't receive any alert.

I think they decided to pay mine coz it wasn't much.

If urs is some large amount, just continue to press them and they will pay up

Good luck!
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From iGi Insurance by Bulletproofgt: 8:07am On Dec 30, 2021
10k is beer money.

Have a heart and free it for them.

One good turn deserves another
U be mumu aswear...Person saved 10k monthly for 5 years and you call that beer money...Na beer wey go kill u finally ....Nonsensical talks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Start The New Year With Investment Opportunity In Our Mechanised Garri Productio / I Am Now Trading With An Iphone Thanks To The Chart (photos) / Landed Property Or Stock: Which Is More Profitable To Invest On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.