Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,824,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] (43808 Views)

Phone Tracking - My Experience With Pinssolution / American Man Traces Owner Of Wrong Number That Has Been Calling Him For 20 Years / The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by Kingbuhari(m): 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
Pay some boys to kidnap one of them and make him gurp out the yam he swallow like this

Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by Artiiclebeast: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
Realtalk20:

Domo sir

grin
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by prey02(f): 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2020
millionboi2:
na too many friends or say u bought 2nd hand phone dey cause all dis tin

The phone was brand new, infact 3days old before the incident , bought the phone from Slot... About too many friends , i doubt that too cause I don't keep friends but I won't doubt the fact that some persons are just evil trying to set anyone up.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by Ikennamurphy: 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
bolaji3071:
That day was hell. They handled me like a criminal just because I didn't properly put on the face mask. At first I didn't understand that all they were after was for me to bribe them. Because they immediately seized my phone. And I was put behind their canter. While begging them, explaining to them that I just received a call which made me shift down the face mask now. They didn't even give listening ear and were threatening that they will come and use black Maria to take me to panti now. On top face masks o!!! So later they gave me my phone to call who I can call to come and bail me. They didn't also want to accept transfer, I had to call my junior bro and gave him my ATM card to help me withdraw the money for them. Since then, I have developed full hate for the Nigerian Police. It happened like a week back.
Sorry bro.. That's how evil the Nigerian society is.. Those with arms preying on the armless
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by sniperbubble(m): 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2020
cheesy
Ikennamurphy:

I knew it will be somewhere in the south, such nonsense can't happen in the north.. In the north people don't wear facemasks and is not a big deal and you were even putting on one yourself
you haven't been caught that's why, anyways which part of the north are you located?
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by emmy512: 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2020
sexylassie2:

You cant use IMEI to track anybody

A phone must have a sim card before you can track, Once a sim card is inserted, it sends the IMEI number to the network.

IMEI is just used to identify mobile phones (like phone maker details), it not used in tracking.

First hand information: the IMEI does a lot, your sim can only let u be tracked via base transiver stations in a process called triangulation which gives you approx location based on the distance between all the BTS sometimes it isn't as accurate as you need most especially in rural areas.
But the IMEI on the phone would make use of GPS already in the phone, the IMEI from Kingfishers shows log of every sim that gets in and out of the phone that way when you get the sim information you can request call logs from the network provider legally and illegally which would now be used for analysis.
A phone stolen without sim can still be tracked once a sim enters that device and broadcast it's location through triangulation if the device is not internet enabled and broadcast it's location both from BTS and GPS on an internet enabled device with Gps having more precision.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by punisha: 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2020
sexylassie2:

He is not a lawyer, go do you fact checking

He also said he is not a lawyer.

Read this

https://twitter.com/segalink/status/1242395929673678850

Chai, people like u are why I don't reply my mentions.
I can't recall telling him Sega is a lawyer. Go back and read for clarity.
Secondly ur wrong spelling "when did segalink became a lawyer" made me reply with " you didn't knew"

Humor o!
It was meant to end there with possibly a witty remark from u and not being too serious.
Smile jare. Have a Booriful day!
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by Ikennamurphy: 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
sniperbubble:
cheesy
you haven't been caught that's why, anyways which part of the north are you located?
Lol.. I'm telling u the honest truth.. We don't wear mask here walai.. I'm in zaria, where are you yourself?

I understand they're police and state actors but generally people aren't wearing it
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by dosh16(m): 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2020
Emyo:
Good day everyone who finds this and I wish to get help as soon as possible as I will be very brief.

On the 20th of July 2020 I got arrested by Asaba State CID from Enugu state and immediately thrown into prison.

On my arrest, I was arrested with an iPhone 7 Plus, the police officers dialed my phone number and it rang on my iPhone. Then I was asked where is the camon 15 I stole on the 7th of July in Asaba. I told them I didn’t visit Asaba on 7th I showed prove. Then the IPO told me the stolen phone was tracked and my phone number appeared to have been inserted into the stolen phone on the 9th of July.

This is ridiculous as I informed the police of my status in the society and that since April I have not removed my sim from my phone.

I had to pay N185,000 as amount of phone and cost of tracking to be freed after paying N50,000 for bail.

I am writing this because I need help, I need an independent tracker as agreed between me and the IPO to unravel the mystery of how my phone number got linked with the IMEI.

Please any recommendation will be appreciated

If you know you didn't buy your phone from someone (there's a possibility it may have been stolen), then reach out to SEGALINK via twitter or Instagram. He can help you get back your money and maybe even take those officers off the road.

Goodluck.
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by ajl: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
Emyo:
Good day everyone who finds this and I wish to get help as soon as possible as I will be very brief.

On the 20th of July 2020 I got arrested by Asaba State CID from Enugu state and immediately thrown into prison.

On my arrest, I was arrested with an iPhone 7 Plus, the police officers dialed my phone number and it rang on my iPhone. Then I was asked where is the camon 15 I stole on the 7th of July in Asaba. I told them I didn’t visit Asaba on 7th I showed prove. Then the IPO told me the stolen phone was tracked and my phone number appeared to have been inserted into the stolen phone on the 9th of July.

This is ridiculous as I informed the police of my status in the society and that since April I have not removed my sim from my phone.

I had to pay N185,000 as amount of phone and cost of tracking to be freed after paying N50,000 for bail.

I am writing this because I need help, I need an independent tracker as agreed between me and the IPO to unravel the mystery of how my phone number got linked with the IMEI.

What if this is a new scamming strategy by security officials to extort money from people? They will just call phone numbers randomly or have someone who know the victim supply them the number since they have to be sure it must be someone who can afford to pay. What scamming trick we won't see in Nigeria.
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2020
emmy512:
With my understanding of how BTS and gls work I'll say they did track you.
The tracking tool isn't something you just get access to anyhow except there's a case reported against the phone number or imei and it costs money to use it.
Maybe the police or whosoever reported the case didn't have enough money to pay for the whole thing and the police only did the tracking meanwhile in a case of such investigations the call log, user activity and free time is gotten from the service provider legally or illegally through Kingfishers. After cross referencing they should know who the real culprit is without making such mistakes. If they did they would know the difference between a tecno IMEI and iphone, the time the sim was used in the tecno phone if at all it was when compared with that of your iPhone would give results that don't tally.
Lets just say a real investigation wasn't carried out, they just got a complaint that phone was stolen etc and most times people who report don't give the actual or truthfull info.
A freind contacted me last month that her dads phone was stolen and after all my enquiries she finally said it was at home and they didn't see it which is totally different case cos she isn't sure it was stolen, anybody could've mistakenly picked it.

People tweak IMEI and it could be one reason but I've never seen an issue with iPhone IMEI only low quality Android phones like tecno, infinix, itel, maybe someone used your sim and put in another phone or you were a target but either ways I'll strongly advice you get a lawyer and request for call logs and user activities on both IMEI and phone number of that of the tecno and iPhone.
If they don't provide tangible evidence that you are related to the case as a conspirator or the thief you sue them for negligence, defamation of character and all you can think of cause having your location and IMEI doesn't prove anything only the Analysis of all the data gotten from call log, BTS and user activit
ies can prove anything.

I guess u didnt read ops full post, his sim had been in his iphone for months without removing it, changing an iphone imei requires the baseband, eeprom, u2, avilma to be replaced and also requires special hardware skills because these chips are heavily glued on the pcb, not worth it thats why hardware icloud unclock on new apple devices is not possible as icloud id is tied to the imei.

The only chances here are:

Op didnt say all the truth

Police are lieing

Network operator provided wrong info in relation to sim imsi and phone imei hence cell tower also said asaba

Op had a twin sim and was not aware

Op: ask the police to give u the imei of the lost phone, i have access to the global TAC database lets see where the issue is.
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by Richdee1(m): 3:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
punisha:
Go to twitter and look for segalink.... Tell him ur case he will attend to OR hand u over the proper person's and make sure the top oga's are involved. This is a case of extortion.
You are entitled to get every dime u have spent and more as u can prove u have nothing to do with and at asaba on the 7th.
Don't fret or u will become their cash cow for a long time.

Segalink ma guy.. That guy saved ma Friend one time.. The Gender F can be wicked at times
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by ajl: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2020
Trust22:
My brother... the same thing happened to me..

My friend was using my old sim in a phone that he picked on the road.... Samsung Galaxy S5 Gold...

The phone was tracked n my phone number appeared... I was in school then whn I heared that am wanted by the police... lucky for me they couldn't get me until I finished my exam then went to the station myself....

Getting to the station I was told that am a kidnapper... I kidnapped the owner of the phone, killed him n took his phone.... It was hell.. I wasn't beaten though but I was sent into their cell... It was whn I was in that I remembered how my friend told me about the phone He picked n the phone was exactly the same the police described to me....

I told police everything I know.. I took them to the guys house n luckily he was still with the phone..... I paid 100k for bailout after spending one week in police cell...

My brother just thank God u spent money n left there with ur life.... Forget about the incident n move on.... U might end up putting urself into trouble...

That your friend story get as e be. He picked a phone on the road. Really? I may believe your own side but that side of picking up a phone on the road na cock and bull story. The same the guy who was trying to blackmail Salawa Abeni with nude photos claimed he found her SIM on the ground somewhere. It seem finding SIM and phone on the road in public is a common thing in Nigeria.
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by sniperbubble(m): 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Lol.. I'm telling u the honest truth.. We don't wear mask here walai.. I'm in zaria, where are you yourself?

I understand they're police and state actors but generally people aren't wearing it
here in kaduna if you don't wear it you'll be arrested and taken straight to a moblie court. it's not really like that in abuja
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by ajl: 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2020
illitrate:

I guess u didnt read ops full post, his sim had been in his iphone for months without removing it, changing an iphone imei requires the baseband, eeprom, u2, avilma to be replaced and also requires special hardware skills because these chips are heavily glued on the pcb, not worth it thats why hardware icloud unclock on new apple devices is not possible as icloud id is tied to the imei.

Police are lieing

Network operator provided wrong info in relation to sim imsi and phone imei hence cell tower also said asaba

Op: ask the police to give u the imei of the lost phone, i have access to the global TAC database lets see where the issue is.

All the story about lost Canon camera and IMEI thing or whatever by the police is just scoping to make him believe he was truly tracked. It's a simple scam. Someone gave his details and phone number. Someone who know he could afford to pay N185k to the police.

What proof did the police show him that he was indeed tracked? Just word of mouth?
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by Ikennamurphy: 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2020
sniperbubble:

here in kaduna if you don't wear it you'll be arrested and taken straight to a moblie court. it's not really like that in abuja
But I saw mobile courts in Abuja when I traveled there.. Which part of kaduna are you?
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by myles16(m): 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
NNAMDIII:
oga he can't sue the police, he'll just end up spending more money...

Please stop saying this, have you been to court where police that was sued case were being treated.police are being bashed and sometimes thrown in cell or jailed sef
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by myles16(m): 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Same here in Sokoto
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by sniperbubble(m): 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

But I saw mobile courts in Abuja when I traveled there.. Which part of kaduna are you?
yes there are,but it's as much as kaduna's own.presently ungwan rimi
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by myles16(m): 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
illitrate:

Police are lieing

Can you help me check mine please, my 3 months old phone was stolen in my room with charger, tried tracking it on Samsung site with my IMEI number but it has been showing offline. I don't know if they've changed the IMEI number. I need to catch the thief cause I know it's someone close to me that stole it
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by foleskay(m): 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
sexylassie2:

When did segalink became a lawyer?
You know nothing
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by NobleDeSage001: 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2020
You do not need to waste your time to unravel anything.
This is a clear case of intimidation and extortion.

Get across to@segalinks as suggested and follow up with your lawyer.
Nigerian police and their low level of professionalism is one big headache nowadays.
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by BlongTrendies(f): 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
ceejeck:
Nawa o

Wetin person wan talk now?

Okay I know someone

cc: Litigator come and do your magic

Abi. Litigator come shook mouth for this one this one weak me.

The other day, my own accusation was that it was me trying to hack a bank.

If not for litigator I know the kind of shit I would have been in
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by BlongTrendies(f): 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2020
ceejeck:
Nawa o

Wetin person wan talk now?

Okay I know someone

cc: Litigator come and do your magic

cc: Litigator come shook mouth for this one this one weak me.
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by ceejeck(m): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
BlongTrendies:

Abi. Litigator come shook mouth for this one weak me.

The other day, my own accusation was that it was me trying to hack a bank.

If not for litigator I know the kind of shit I would have been in

Accusations everywhere!

There is no need mumbling it "This our litigator here knows his onions" I must say.

But I pray I don't ever need his service. cool
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by funstufz: 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
Help him with all you got.

Please, is there a way to know if a phone is being hacked/tracked ...

I can learn if you teach me.
Thanks

illitrate:

Police are lieing

Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
You work from home?
ekene101:
They didn't track nothing,that's their new way of extortion..reason I don't have any close friends or pal,I don't go out during d day but slightly in d evening to get what I want. Someone close to you who knows you have cash gave you out.
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by SOPIGO: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
kip qwayert there.Shey u don use slate with ABC/123, or carried aluminium plate plus water bottle go sch and drop 5k not 5 Nairaland dey served u beans, orange/groundnut for breakfast in those days(Awolowo upon/Shagarj Npn?).forget independent private tracker and tell him in d open.Simple
I know u are a poo and ur mouth is Toilet
Re: I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] by pawesome(m): 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
Emyo:

go to twitter and search for @Segalink and tag him when you make the post..you will get ur money back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Blackberry CEO Confiscated His Wife's Galaxy Phone / Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? / 4 Ways To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage With Android Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.