Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? (753 Views)

Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? / Should I resign or continue? / Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? by platodeen(m): 11:29am On Jul 22, 2020
Hello, everyone.

It is a long story but I will be brief as much as i can, in order to get definite direction.

I joined this firm a year, ago.

I have been receiving my salary since I joined. As soon as covid-19 holiday starts, my boss (Finance Officer) stopped paying me, while other where being paid in full and to date.

No genuine reason was given whatsoever.

Due to lack of fund to even transport myself down to the premises, I decided to stay home as others were being paid and I was exempted. During my stay at home, he made some relentless efforts to ensure that I come to work and when the question of not having the means to come to work is asked, he ignores me.

I am a chartered accountant. I work in the finance department and I only could do my duties very well; the reason why he would want me to remain in the department.

He is so influential in the organisation to the extent that he has practically 'pocketed' the HR, even the MD.

His bad attitude, manipulations, atrocities is not new to all as he is never in good terms with everyone: HODs, subordinates, etc.

I am beginning to feel depressed as I practically make use of personal loans to sponsor myself down to the premises.

When I receive my salary, I do set a percentage for airtime used in calling customers. But non receipt of salary won't only affect me in person, but hinders my job as well.

I thought about staying at home; I would have enough to save while I explore other opportunities. But I realised, I might only be sponsoring another man's business with my money and effort as all plea to him has falling on deaf ears.

When I tried to really ask of my offence, he made a statement like,'...you do things with igbos too much...'. Meanwhile, my organisation is crop igbos with whom we work with. May i equally mention that he is a 'konk' Yoruba man. I am a Yoruba, too. But all efforts to reach an understanding with him, proved abortive. Although, everyone knows him for his arrogance unforgiving attitude.

Although, the HHR and the Admin are never in support of his attitude towards me. They never want to get involved because he has a strong link to the CEO ie Whatever he tells the CEO is what prevails.

I am depressed already.

I wish to resign as I envisaged it would give me peace of mind, just like I experienced during the pandemic holiday, even though I was begging to feed as he has refused to pay my salary while other people get paid.

I have to reiterate the fact that, I have never done anything bad to him or should I say that, he doesn't tell when he is offended but only take unto an unforgiving actions: so you rather not offend at all. As ordinary utterances that should never offend anyone could be it!!!

All efforts to make other people inquire what it is that I have done, proved abortive.

Please, I welcome insultive, embarrassing and palatable advice of all nature as to whether to resign and what other remedies to put in place.
Re: Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? by Stephenomozzy(m): 11:33am On Jul 22, 2020
Why not just for the sake of your peace of mind resign; Misbehaving to get sacked will only spill stains on your history with the firm and not do well for you if future employers ask for reference from this firm.

Another option, is to just ignore his existence. Do your job to the best of your ability; do all that is required of you in your job description. Dodge him at least to keep your job; unless you're very confident in getting engaged soon, the possible economic scare after covid-19 will not be good on anyone without a job Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? by myles16(m): 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2020
Just tender your resignation letter already, since there's no difference between you and a jobless person...start looking for another job, after tendering your resignation letter if asked why just explain your ordeal and if it's the same man that's in charge of handling the resignation letter just leave without any explanation.. go get another job and move on

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? by IceColdVeins(m): 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2020
Please resign but before you do.....
Have him sued by some NGO or something, anything to take that mo'fucka down!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? by astonished: 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
this is my 2 cent, nobody should tell me nonsense here.

OP, go spiritual you will be amazed by the result, as the problem may also be spiritual based on your explanation.

you need the money right now, if you follow any of your options, you still be a looser.

so, seek spiritual help, he will just call you and give you all your money, only if all you claim are truth.

give it a trial & come back to thank me

Note: ignore anyone here that counter this advise, I know they will come

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? by heykims(m): 10:05am On Jul 23, 2020
People could be mean
But others that were paid during the pandemics, were they going to work while u were home as u stated your boss tried to convince u to resume work?
Re: Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? by KillerBeauty(f): 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
Tender your resignation letter stating in clear details why you are resigning. Ask any of your lawyer friend to write a letter to the company requesting for payment of all salaries owed or you sue.
Re: Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? by Jayrockk: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2020
Bruh resign o. It won't be easy to be honest but its better to resign than to work like a slave
Re: Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? by platodeen(m): 12:08am On Jul 24, 2020
heykims:
People could be mean
But others that were paid during the pandemics, were they going to work while u were home as u stated your boss tried to convince u to resume work?

Only one of them goes to work because he is the account payables. Before the commencement of d holiday, d management agreed dat those staffs whose services are unavoidably required shall be given an allowance, outside their salary
Re: Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? by DarkandHandsome(m): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2020
Misbehave and then resign. Thank me later
Re: Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? by mayemaye(m): 12:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
Resignation is better
Re: Should I Resign Or Misbehave To Get Sacked? by julyb(m): 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
Please start looking for opportunities in other companies.Since you are qualified and experienced, you should be able to find another job with a short period.You can tender your resignation as soon as you get another offer.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mathematics Vs Petroleum Engineering: Which Should I Study / An Offer / An Mcse Needed Urgently!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.