Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,312 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor (62249 Views)

Tutor & Coding Instructor / 5 Projects A Junior Developer Should Have In Their Portfolio To Get Hired Fast / 13 Year Old Indian Boy Hired By Google At A Package Of 1.25 Million Dollar/year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Primenet(m): 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2020
U.K. School Hires 10-Year-Old Nigerian Tech Genius As Its New Coding Instructor

The tech field yields a large portion of high-paying salary jobs with numerous career paths. However, marginalized communities are shut out of these job opportunities due to the lack of resources and access. One remarkable young Nigerian girl managed to defy the odds and was recently hired by a school in the United Kingdom to teach others about coding.

Emmanuella Mayaki is a 10-year-old coding and programming prodigy who recently received her first job at the Southfield Primary School in Coventry, England, as the after school coding club teacher. According to Face 2 Face Africa, she will be responsible for teaching other kids her age about the basics of coding including HTML and CSS. The school selected her for the job because of her extraordinary skill and knowledge in the area.

Mayaki’s passion for technology started at 7 years old, where, in another two years she would obtain a diploma with a specialty in multiple software programs including Advanced PowerPoint, Desktop Publishing, and Advanced Excel. She is still actively learning other coding languages and programs to expand her knowledge even further.

“In the club, there are currently about nine pupils. Hopefully, the club will increase its members in September,” she said in an interview with Face 2 Face Africa.

“Today, my Academy App among others is already on Google Play store where I pass on knowledge of coding and graphics. I remember at age seven, I set a target to become a professional web designer and analyst at age nine, and I have accomplished it,” she added. “In the first week, I was pretty nervous because I had never taught a group of children. Although, my experience was sublime because I gained experience and I also enriched my skills. My observations were that not everyone grasps how to do it on their first try and there are some that they rush through it in a breeze.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blackenterprise.com/u-k-school-hires-10-year-old-nigerian-tech-genius-as-its-new-coding-instructor/amp/

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2020
Nice job. Wish I took BASIC seriousgringringrin

157 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by emillysmigael(f): 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
This is very impressive to say the least...

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by anayolity: 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
Oluwa oooh undecided undecided cry cry cry .... and me I dey busy dey battle with html and css for almost 1 year now

156 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by stanliwise(m): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2020
Please let her remain and grow there o, no need to reason here.

Nice something... started up with coding and I could say I was a prodigy myself, never got this platform though.... There are many like her, if only this God forsaken country could help them to brighter future.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by donsheddy1(m): 1:48pm On Jul 23, 2020
anayolity:
Oluwa oooh undecided undecided cry cry cry .... and me I dey busy dey battle with html and css for almost 1 year now
you see your life for outside lol. The kind of news I need listen to daily.

I develop websites. Contact in signature.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Sunofgod(m): 11:19am On Jul 24, 2020
NCAN......over to you!

5 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by NewDelhi(m): 11:19am On Jul 24, 2020
sureteeboy:

It is called the illusion of knowledge. The Dunning - Kruger effect perfectly explains why stupid people think they are smart
Exactly.. sometimes ago one on nairaland even said Americans are very dull and Nigerians are smarter than them.. I asked him how he derived at such conclusion then he said it was because he argued with alot of them on quora and he beats them hands down.. I was like so because you argue with a few Americans online then it means Nigerians are way smarter than the 320M+ Americans out there. Everyone even has a specialty you can't have a vast array of knowledge in every field. you can only be extremely knowledgeable in one or 2.. max 3. Person wey Sabi sports no mean say he Sabi politics or current affairs , he no mean say he sabi egyptology or know about ancient Greece and their gods. It's just like a foreigner coming to nairaland to argue then conclude that Nigerians are very dull people. The Americans with extremely high IQs, if you wanna meet them, go to research centers or the lab or ivy league schools. The problem is that most nigerians just like using a lone wolf incidence to make a generic judgment. You taste an apple that is bitter then you conclude that apples are bitter fruits. If anyone asks you in future if apples are sweet, you'd say no. Back then in school we had a Lebanese in my class. He was average tho and because of that everybody concluded that Dem no dey Sabi book for Lebanon lol...

Firstly this girl is not a Nigerian. She might have a Nigerian background but it doesn't make her one. We are always quick to claim any foreign good deeds

The hype about Nigerians doing well abroad is getting too much.. You can't even compare Nigerians to the Asians. Most especially Indians and Chinese. They go there and make waves yet you hear little noise about it. But here in naija we go as far as saying Nigerians are the most intelligent people in the world all because one graduated with first class whereas he was just one Nigerian out if many foreigners that came out with first class.. How many countries have you been to or what do you know to conclude that Nigerians are the most intelligent in the world.

149 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Missmossy(f): 11:20am On Jul 24, 2020
Catch them young cool

This is beautiful!!!

4 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by DropsMic(m): 11:20am On Jul 24, 2020
Nigerians are great people.. Our country was destined for greatness.. But corruption happened along the way

9 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Obierika(m): 11:20am On Jul 24, 2020
Good news about a Nigerian in the diaspora not the bad news we keep hearing all the time
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Calabar1stSon: 11:20am On Jul 24, 2020

70 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Perfecttouchade: 11:20am On Jul 24, 2020
Great
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Andrew13: 11:20am On Jul 24, 2020
This is the news I like to hear, not obaseki and oshiomole and corona news

4 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Kobicove(m): 11:20am On Jul 24, 2020
This is refreshing and very pleasant news smiley

2 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Kemimarch16(f): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2020
Nigeria amaka

2 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Lexusgs430: 11:21am On Jul 24, 2020
anayolity:

Ask the girl to teach u nah....... grin

No forget to give her koboko, if your head too block, she go use koboko, unblock am........ wink

8 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by techmo(m): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2020
cool

The world fears Nigerians because we are too smart for their liking

They only sabotage our development cos they know should we develop we may rule the world

*First Female Fighter helicopter pilot Yoruba woman

*Richest African woman in the world Yoruba woman

*First woman lawyer to become a Senior Advocate of Nigeria , Yoruba woman

Nigeria Amaka!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by sweettease(f): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2020
Great potentials! I pray she keeps soaring.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2020
SegFault:
Nice job. Wish I took BASIC seriousgringringrin
Beginners All purpose Symbolic Instruction Code

1 Like

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by sammsimm(m): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2020
anayolity:

We are together omo Iya mi
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Kendumazy(m): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2020
Nicae one. Wish her all the very best in her future endeavors.

Check my signature below for our products/services.
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by PureGoldh(m): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2020
Nice one.....Nigeria is blessed
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 24, 2020
Where are the Igbo Amaka 1d10t$?

3 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Amspecial: 11:23am On Jul 24, 2020
grin
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 24, 2020
This is good..

I hope she inspire other girls.

Being a female is not all about flaunting 'what mama gave me' undecided

Flaunt your unique brain please!

5 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Nelz77: 11:23am On Jul 24, 2020
I want to use this medium to literate how disappointed we NCANs are on this development

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira / Meet Dare Obasanjo Who Works With Microsoft / The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.