Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Please Help Me Beg Ielts To Refund My Money - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help Me Beg Ielts To Refund My Money (1120 Views)

Aggrieved Customer Calls Out Polaris Bank Over UK School Tuition Refund Impasse / IPPIS: Some Lecturers Got Excess Salaries, Had To Refund – Emeka Nwajiuba / NAN'S Gives AE-FUNAI 7 Days To Refund Students Their 50k For Security Levy Or... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Beg Ielts To Refund My Money by EDonHappen: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
My good people,

I have been keeping this on a low key for months now but I have decided to open up It's a case between me and ielts, BritishCouncil
in Nigeria.

Sometime in early May, I registered for ielts test, made payment (was confirmed) and picked an exam date, 19th of May. But unfortunately, due to the lockdown, the exam was canceled and I was sent a mail with that regard. In the mail contained links to request for a refund or reschedule, or better still take the home based test(indicator). I informed my university about the ielts indicator test and they said it is unacceptable that instead, I should take the toefl home based.

Now I have to pay for another test provider, toefl. Well, it's logical for me to request for a refund from ielts, when I tried accessing the refund link sent to me, I was getting an access denied error. I therefore sent several mails to them with no response, I waited for days for response but I received none, I proceeded to send a DM on Instagram. Luckily for me, I got a response, they requested for some of my details which I provided and I was told to hold on while they work on my request. Days went by, still nothing was done. Alas! There came a response to my mails from ielts. I was apologized to for the delay and was asked to fill forms for refund which I duly filled and sent back to them with an assurance that the refund will be made that week.

Nothing was done in that regard. I became impatient and threatened to call ieltsng out on social media and they responded that they will do their best. Can you imagine that, after several weeks of promises and fails? Well.. No refund was made still.

Over 2 months after, I still haven't gotten a refund from ielts. 75k no be small money o especially in this time. After all, it wasn't down to me, my university does not accept the ielts indicator test as a valid test.

Lalasticlala please help me push to front page please, I need my hard earned money back

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Beg Ielts To Refund My Money by XXXXTENTACION: 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
Sorry bro seems like you have been scamed by ¥a.... cheesy

¿ cool %
Re: Please Help Me Beg Ielts To Refund My Money by EDonHappen: 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2020
more proofs...

Re: Please Help Me Beg Ielts To Refund My Money by SamuelLoch: 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2020
I can't say you've been scammed, but that email doesn't accept replies and I think you're chatting with a bot.
Visit their website and get the main email address, then send a well-structured mail. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Beg Ielts To Refund My Money by EDonHappen: 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2020
Lalasticlala

Re: Please Help Me Beg Ielts To Refund My Money by cassidy1996(m): 7:51am On Jul 23, 2020
sue them, imagine 75k for online exam
Re: Please Help Me Beg Ielts To Refund My Money by Mrmoney90: 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2023
EDonHappen:
Lalasticlala

How far? Were you able to get your refund?

(1) (Reply)

Mention English Words Which Are The Same As Your Native Words. / Airtel Microsoft Excel Test - Intermediate Level Exam. Urgent Help Needed / Hidden Facts In Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.