Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank (38971 Views)

Bank Manager Attacked By Kids Of Man Who Went Naked At Their Bank To Get N5k / Gunmen Kill Two In Kaduna, Kidnap Sick Policeman, Elisha Abu Saved By Prayers / They Scout For Obituaries Of Rich People To Steal Money In Their Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by ogbiwa: 7:38am On Jul 23, 2020
A Premier League club came close to losing £1 million during a transfer deal due to cyber hackers.

The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) said it was only the intervention of the unnamed club's bank that stopped the theft.

It was one of several incidents highlighted as evidence that sport needed to improve its cybersecurity.

"The impact of cybercriminals cashing in on this industry is very real," said the NCSC's Paul Chichester.

A new report from the NCSC says the email address of a Premier League club's managing director had been hacked during a transfer negotiation, leading to the attempt to steal the £1 million.

The report also says that a Football League club was targeted by hackers who cut off its security systems, blocking turnstiles and almost resulting in a fixture postponement.

And it added that in one incident a member of staff at a racecourse lost £15,000 after attempting to buy groundskeeping equipment from a fake version of eBay.

Sir Hugh Robertson, chair of the British Olympic Association, said in the report: "This report is a crucial first step, helping sports organisations to better understand the threat and highlighting practical steps that organisation should take to improve cybersecurity practices."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/53507070

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by allen113: 7:42am On Jul 23, 2020
As hushpuppy dey prison now make I see whom them go accuse.

144 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by thesicilian: 7:53am On Jul 23, 2020
If I say Hush you say Pup another man say Py omo na u sabi

165 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by gasparpisciotta: 7:59am On Jul 23, 2020
White folks are responsible for 99% of hacking done worldwide but black guys like Hushpuppi are used as pawns to launder the money obtained by the hackers.

179 Likes 10 Shares

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by donbachi(m): 8:07am On Jul 23, 2020
allen113:
As hushpuppy dey prison now make I see whom them go accuse.
he can pull it from there.

8 Likes

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by FlordFlorez(m): 9:07am On Jul 23, 2020
Technology sha. World people have dumped arms to top, they now resolved in using modern gadgets of every kind.

6 Likes

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 23, 2020
the first person that came to mind was hush baba

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Decimus: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2020
Arsenal

7 Likes

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by GeneralPula: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2020
A new report from the NCSC says the email address of a Premier League club's managing director had been hacked during a transfer negotiation, leading to the attempt to steal the £1 million

Whenever you read this kind thing, just fear Asian and Russian hackers..

Wetin Technology go cause eeeh.. Imagine your email got hacked and you won't even know..

Funniest thing is.. These hackers are being used by Top and Powerful world people codedly..

Email address isn't safe anymore. I'll advice everyone to stop saving important infos in the email! gone are the days when email used to be very safe and private.. Things don change cuz thousands of people can be accessing your email without you even knowing..!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Kizzygentle: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2020
Scammers full ground oo. Na wa ooo. Digital transactions no longer safe again. Physical transaction same. Nothing is even safe again. Na wa ooo. May God save us from d hands of criminals oo.

4 Likes

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Brokenfm: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2020
Good morning guy's. I'm not begging for money but for a job, I lost my job during this covid19 shit, I have been depressed but fighting it and praying for things to get better. Please if you have any job that I can do please help me and link me up because things are so so so hard. We all rise by lifting other's and Thank you and God bless you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Ruggedniggaone: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2020
hushpupi Gees work
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by OmoOduduwa01: 11:44am On Jul 23, 2020
thesicilian:
If I say Hush you say Pup another man say Py omo na u sabi
Rumour has it that he's no longer in prison

2 Likes

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by paulolee(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2020
its seems soms football clubs are prone to hackers due to the way those Russian hackers tagged football leaks easily hack clubs websites and show the words thier dirty deals..
this club is just lucky and am jus getting a strange feeling that the unknown club may be arsenal..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by PureGoldh(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2020
Wahala dey
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by wunmi590(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2020
cool
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Farki: 11:44am On Jul 23, 2020
I'm sure it's Chelsea, they have a very poor defence. grin

56 Likes

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by olaboy33(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2020
The whites and Chinese are the major brains behind cyber Hacking. They programme and provide the apps and codes and other Technical know hows used in the hacking process worldwide.
Africans and majorly Nigerians are just end users.

If the FBI and other world powers are keen on ending cyber crime then they need to look inwards.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Perfecttouchade: 11:44am On Jul 23, 2020
Ok
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2020
A new report from the NCSC says the email address of a Premier League club's managing director had been hacked during a transfer negotiation, leading to the attempt to steal the £1 million.

The report also says that a Football League club was targeted by hackers who cut off its security systems, blocking turnstiles and almost resulting in a fixture postponement.
BUT why can't some people earn money legitimately in their Iives?
Must everything be illegal or fraudulent?!

For those of us into making money legitimately by pure hustling.

God bless our hustle.
God no go shame us lai lai.

We Rise!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Johntemmy(m): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2020
ok

contact me for your wood work...in terms of roofing we are professional 07060795767

1 Like

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Originality007: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2020
grin
Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by RichDad1(m): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2020
They’ll soon link it to Nigerians forgetting that Chinese, Indians and Russians are more sophisticated and deadly cyber criminals than Nigerians. undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: A Premier League Club Nearly Lost £1m To Hackers But Saved By Their Bank by Corporate2020: 11:46am On Jul 23, 2020
Let them lose money to Hackers jare. How can they be giving millions of pounds to footballers when Scientists, Teachers, e.t.c. end peanuts. You people should go and meet Merci and Ronaldo for COVID-19 cure then.

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Four Suspected Yahoo Boys Arrested In Benue (Pictures) / Ugandan Maid Reveals Why She Beat Up The Baby So Bad / Woman Found Dead After Argument With Lover (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.