Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,388 members, 7,861,064 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:51 PM

Fruitful Meditation On God's Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fruitful Meditation On God's Word (125 Views)

Lesson From RCCG Kidnapped Deaconess, Ibelegbo Chidinma: Depend On God Alone! / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fruitful Meditation On God's Word by ochibuogwu5: 11:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
First, you need to be born again in Christ Jesus Crucified.

You need to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified, get convicted by the Holy Spirit as a sinner, accept that you are a sinner who must pay the price of sin inherited from Adam, parents and personal sins in hell-fire "for eternity" which you cannot do for yourself and no being in the heavens, earth and under-world can do it for you except Jesus.

This will make you to accept the Lordship of Jesus Christ over your life.

Which means that you have agreed to the fact and truth that Jesus has paid the complete price of sin by going to hell-fire to spend eternity for you and for all human being at the moment of His death and resurrection.

It also means you have agreed that *you have died inside the death of Jesus on the Cross* and a new person/being is now living inside your mortal-body. This new person is Jesus Christ Crucified.

This new person has his lifestyle written down in the whole bible from genesis to revelation especially in the 4-gospels. Now for Him to be able to live through your mortal-body (spirit, soul and body), He needs to be nurtured as a new born baby with the milk of His word daily.

Just like getting a product and you want to operate it then you will *get its manual, read it, understand it before you start operating it*.
Without reading the manual or if you fail to use that product outside of its manual-direction then you will have *error* hence it may function but at *a low capacity* or not function *at-all*

So also you will liken your study of God's word every day especially early in the morning but now you have a helper, the Holy Spirit who is now living inside you. You will need to always talk to HIM asking for His help to study each chapter, passage or verse in order to receive revelation of the exact message that He wants to give to you.

I will advise you to start studying from the gospel of John after you have *received Jesus into your life*.
1 chapter each day.
Or few verses each day.

You can study your bible anywhere but as a beginner, I will advise you to search for less-noisy places to study God's word.

You must make up your mind that you want to get a fresh revelation of Jesus *each moment you decide to study* hence you must be ready to ask the Holy Spirit to remove every noise and distractions that might come to your mind during those period as often as possible.

You should not get discouraged or distracted by noise or your emotions and you should not be tired of repeatedly telling the Holy Spirit to remove all the noise and distractions that will be coming to your mind during those study time as often as they come even if it is the distraction to sleep.

You should also have a mindset that this study and fellowship with the Holy Spirit is your *life-line* which means if you sincerely submit to the Holy Spirit and get His exact revelation for each of your study, you will save yourself from danger, regrets, untimely death, accidents, waste of time/talent/resources on what does not please God.
If you also engage adequately in it, you will get instructions on how to manifest all your need in life both for yourself and all those around you even for people that you do not know.

You need to also believe that God *pours out His newness to you each moment you sit with Him in studying His word and fellowshipping with HIM* according to Lamentations 3: 22 and you are being transformed *to the real image of Jesus Christ Crucified* from one degree of glory to a higher degree of glory (2 Corinthians 3:17-18)

You need to read through each chapter or passage repeatedly at the minimum of 6-times or more while asking the Holy Spirit to reveal what He has for you in that passage.
You might read John 1:1-18 over 6-times then gradually your focus starts narrowing down to only verse-11 to verse-13.

Keep reading through it deliberately while asking the Holy Spirit for His revelations....
That passage will start speaking to you about *things in your life that needs corrections, adjustment, uplifting, consistency and removal*

God speaks to us in the Scriptures or dreams to transform our lives *first* not for us to go and preach to other people in these ways....
"Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action), So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17 amp).
Instructions,
Reproof,
Conviction of sin,
Correction of error,
Discipline in obedience,
Training in righteousness,
So that you will be complete,
Proficient,
Well-fitted,
And
Thoroughly equipped for good work.

Before He can now send you to someone else *if He wants*.
Thus Jesus selected His *12-apostles to be with HIM first and be transformed into HIS Nature* then if He wants, He will send them out to preach to others, heal the sick and cast out demons (Mark 3:13-14).
"And He went up on the hillside and called to Him [for Himself] those whom He wanted and chose, and they came to Him. *And He appointed twelve to continue to be with Him(first)*, and that He might send them out to preach [as apostles or special messengers] And to have authority and power to heal the sick and to drive out demons:" (Mark 3:13-15 amp).

It is the grace that comes with your daily bible studies and fellowship with the Holy Spirit that sustains your new-creation-life in Christ Jesus without sin each tick of seconds on this earth till eternity thus
"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, *but of incorruptible, by the word of God*, which liveth and abideth for ever." (1 Peter 1:23 KJV).

Then said Jesus to those Jews which *believed on him*, If *ye continue in my word*, then are *ye my disciples indeed*; And *you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free*." (John 8:31-32)

Start with 5-10-15-20 minutes of bible studies and prayers each morning when you wake-up, but before that time always ask the Holy Spirit in your mind and mouth to help you become disposed, ready and participate actively in such encounter with HiM.
The Holy Spirit will help you.

Write down notes, buy a separate note for your bible studies.
Keep them in safe places, you might need them for a future time.

OBEDIENCE SEALS ALL:
Obey each word, revelations and instructions given to you by the Holy Spirit *without minding whose ox is gored*
Pray for grace to obey *each revelation and instructions for your life immediately without delay or fear* so that you may grow in pleasing HIM or else you might be repeating the routine of meditation/quiet-time while *you will still be filling empty* or *perceiving that there is gap/distance between you and GOD* which has made so many people *give-up on their faith-walk with GOD*.

But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the Lord: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams. Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft, and stubbornness as bad as worshiping idols. So because you have rejected the command of the Lord, he has rejected you as king.” (1 Samuel 15:22-23 NLT)

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day [when I judge them], ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name, and done many miracles in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them publicly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me [you are banished from My presence], you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands].
24 “So everyone who hears these words of Mine and *acts on them*, will be like a wise man [a far-sighted, practical, and sensible man] who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods and torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of Mine and *does not do them*, will be like a foolish (stupid) man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods and torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great and complete was its fall.” (Matthew 7:21-27 NASB)

Great Grace Brethren!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fruitful Meditation On God's Word by ochibuogwu5: 9:19am On Jul 24, 2020
VERSE 1
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name

CHORUS
On Christ the solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

VERSE 2
When darkness hides His lovely face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil

VERSE 3
His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood
When all around my soul gives way
He then is all my hope and stay

VERSE 4
When He shall come with trumpet sound
Oh may I then in Him be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
Faultless to stand before the throne

(1) (Reply)

Fox News Poll: Biden Tops Trump In Battlegrounds Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvan / Apostle J.A BABALOLA .., Today , 61 Years Since Your Demise. / Just Like A Flash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.