Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

The Wahala No Too Much? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Wahala No Too Much? (392 Views)

House Wahala / Lagos State Safety Commission Wahala On Site / Lagos State Safety Commission Wahala On Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wahala No Too Much? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
I really don't know where to post this, but please move it to front page so that nairalnders can 'shuk' their mouth on this matter as my friend is really confused.

About 3-4years ago, we bought a land in our village which is just beside the house of a 'big man'. We bought the land 1.7million.

So we were about to start building by January when the big man's brother told us that the big man is interested in the land. In our minds we were like 'wetin big man wan use 1plot of land take do?' The brother told us that the big man was going to settle us. So we paused.

We waited and waited for settlement. February came and went, only posting and posting. We told them that we really wanted to start building and they kept on telling us to hold on.

Until corona started and we could no longer travel to the village.

Just last week, we traveled to the village to see the big man's brother. 'whats the delay for'? We want to start building. So he called his brother, the big man on phone and the big man asked us how much we bought the land and we told him 1.7million about 3-4years ago. The big man then asked us how much we intend to sell the land. Then we told him we had no intention of selling the land but since he is interested in the land, he should use conscience and discretion to do what is right and just and what would make us happy. So the big man said, no problem, that we would hear from him. The brother said after the big man blesses us we shouldn't forget to give him something o ( that kind thing).

Today, the big mans brother called us. He told us that the big man has sent the money. How much did he send we asked. He said the big man sent 1.7million. The same amount we used in buying the land 3-4years ago.

What exactly do we call this nairalanders?
We are confused rn.
Do we reject this money or accept it?
No be see finish be this?
The big man is the governor of my state.

Nairalanders advise my friend...

Seun. Mynd44.
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
I feel ya..!
Just return the money asap. Start ya building.

A sitting Governor is the custodian of all the land in his state by law to allocate as he sees fit.

Or ask for 5M. There is power in asking for specific figure.
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by Sunofgod(m): 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
Reject the money.. .send it back. Dont sign any papers.

2.5 - 3 million is reasonable.

1 Like

Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by robinso01(m): 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
Collect the money, make u no go lose for two ways, as u talk say the big man na governor of ur state.
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2020
robinso01:
Collect the money, make u no go lose for two ways, as u talk say the big man na governor of ur state.

Na wetin someppl talk...but no be oppression be that?
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by robinso01(m): 10:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
DDeliverer:

Na wetin someppl talk...but no be oppression be that?

Truly na oppression, but u never can tell what the big man can do. It's better to have ur 1.7million than not to have any of the money or the land.
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
kiss
Sunofgod:
Reject the money.. .send it back. Dont sign any papers.

2.5 - 3 million is reasonable.

My thoughts exactly.
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
Lalasticlala

Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by Emmacolinho(m): 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
Bro just start your building. Let him buy elsewhere
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2020
Emmacolinho:
Bro just start your building. Let him buy elsewhere

Will this not lead to trouble? I really don't understand the interest in a very small land..
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by ojun50(m): 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2020
Accept the money and move on....... You guys cause it.......

Hw can you buy land 1.7 and tell someone who is interested to use is mind to give you what he has.

Accept it before you lose it and the money too

You guys lack business orientation

1 Like

Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by Perfecttouchade: 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2020
The big man brother don pocket the money , he might have been give more than the amount he's giving u guys...tell him u are selling anymore

1 Like

Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by merieam16(f): 12:00am On Jul 26, 2020
DDeliverer:
I really don't know where to post this, but please move it to front page so that nairalnders can 'shuk' their mouth on this matter as my friend is really confused.

About 3-4years ago, we bought a land in our village which is just beside the house of a 'big man'. We bought the land 1.7million.

So we were about to start building by January when the big man's brother told us that the big man is interested in the land. In our minds we were like 'wetin big man wan use 1plot of land take do?' The brother told us that the big man was going to settle us. So we paused.

We waited and waited for settlement. February came and went, only posting and posting. We told them that we really wanted to start building and they kept on telling us to hold on.

Until corona started and we could no longer travel to the village.

Just last week, we traveled to the village to see the big man's brother. 'whats the delay for'? We want to start building. So he called his brother, the big man on phone and the big man asked us how much we bought the land and we told him 1.7million about 3-4years ago. The big man then asked us how much we intend to sell the land. Then we told him we had no intention of selling the land but since he is interested in the land, he should use conscience and discretion to do what is right and just and what would make us happy. So the big man said, no problem, that we would hear from him. The brother said after the big man blesses us we shouldn't forget to give him something o ( that kind thing).

Today, the big mans brother called us. He told us that the big man has sent the money. How much did he send we asked. He said the big man sent 1.7million. The same amount we used in buying the land 3-4years ago.

What exactly do we call this nairalanders?
We are confused rn.
Do we reject this money or accept it?
No be see finish be this?
The big man is the governor of my state.

Nairalanders advise my friend...

Seun. Mynd44.
Lol..wat do u want frm us. He ask u guys simple question " how much do u intend 2 sell d land" and u told him to use his conscience nd discretion which he has used, u guys er at fault. Next time dont keep quiet wen u need 2 talk
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by DICKstractor: 1:06am On Jul 26, 2020
Why will you tell someone to use his conscience to give you money in business. He could have given something lesser since you guys don't have bargaining power.
You don't have to be frantic in business. You tell him what you want and if he can't meet the conditions, he can go fvck himself
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by MrMcJay(m): 1:52am On Jul 26, 2020
The Big man was even very kind, if na others, it is 600k and 2 crates of malt they would give you.

Collect the 1.7M and use it to enrol in School of sense.

2 Likes

Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by Openbusiness4: 7:45am On Jul 26, 2020
Nawa oh, see poverty mentality. You have your own money to buy land, you bought it, you have your money to start building, yet in your eyes you see yourself as a nobody. Calling someone big man, big man dis big man dat, mtchwwwwwww, did he buy land for u, did he dash you free money to build your house? Then how d hell is he a big man? Big man my left yansh. Ok, u call am big man, now he made offer, was d offer N100m? So where is the big-ness of d man? He offered u same amount u bought, not even a kobo extra, despite knowing u bought it years ago. A real big man would have paid triple or quadruple to get it off u, since he really wants to take d land. A real big man wi give u a mouthwatering offer too good to refuse. Abeg no dey downgrade urself call am big man. Na u be the big man. Dis wan na big opportunist. Dey wan use "big man" logo scam u sell off ur asset for less than its worth. But na ur decision. I have no advice for u whether u should sell or not. Daz ur choice
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 26, 2020
MrMcJay:
The Big man was even very kind, if na others, it is 600k and 2 crates of malt they would give you.

Collect the 1.7M and use it to enrol in School of sense.

If you've never been in some positions before, it's good you maintain your quietness and learn. You don't just comment and talk to everybody like that.

Can't you drop your comments without insults? Do you think am your mate?
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 26, 2020
DICKstractor:
Why will you tell someone to use his conscience to give you money in business. He could have given something lesser since you guys don't have bargaining power.
You don't have to be frantic in business. You tell him what you want and if he can't meet the conditions, he can go fvck himself

Truth is, we didn't see it as a business. We had no intention of selling. They just told my friend that the governor is interested in the plot. Being a governor we felt at least, if at all, .....I just really don't get why people are not seeing the idea behind that open offer.
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2020
DDeliverer:
Lalasticlala

Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by MrMcJay(m): 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
DDeliverer:

If you've never been in some positions before, it's good you maintain your quietness and learn. You don't just comment and talk to everybody like that.

Can't you drop your comments without insults? Do you think am your mate?

The age of Methuselah has nothing to do with the wisdom of Solomon. You are not my mate but you came here to ask ridiculous questions. Sorry o, Mr. Methuselah, what do you want us to do?

Pls, go and sort out the consequences of your indiscretions and stop disturbing us here.

1 Like

Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
MrMcJay:

The age of Methuselah has nothing to do with the wisdom of Solomon. You are not my mate but you came here to ask ridiculous questions. Sorry o, Mr. Methuselah, what do you want us to do?

Pls, go and sort out the consequences of your indiscretions and stop disturbing us here.

The problem is y'all think nairaland is faceless and you can insult anybody you like...
Jerry oshun, is that what your momma taught you?
Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by MrMcJay(m): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2020
DDeliverer:

The problem is y'all think nairaland is faceless and you can insult anybody you like...
Jerry oshun, is that what your momma taught you?

My name, office address and everything is online, I have nothing to hide. As a public figure, it is deliberate. Just try nonsense. You would see how a lawyer can ruin your life

Just so you know, you won't be the second or third scapegoat from Nairaland I have dealt with. Go and ask in the properties and autos section. I have used my contacts to help several Nairalanders track scammers using only their Nairaland monikers and Millions of Naira lost to scammers have been recovered. You better go and read the Cybercrime Act 2015 and Terrorism Prevention Act 2011 carefully before you dig your hole further.

If I write a petition to the IGP IRT, DSS or NSA, with only your moniker, and IP, they would track you and deliver you to Abuja. I can assure you that you would spend the next 10 years in jail. You won't even make bail. You would sell everything you own to settle the case without headway.

1 Like

Re: The Wahala No Too Much? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2020
MrMcJay:

My name, office address and everything is online, I have nothing to hide. As a public figure, it is deliberate. Just try nonsense. You would see how a lawyer can ruin your life

Just so you know, you won't be the second or third scapegoat from Nairaland I have dealt with. Go and ask in the properties and autos section. I have used my contacts to help several Nairalanders track scammers using only their Nairaland monikers and Millions of Naira lost to scammers have been recovered. You better go and read the Cybercrime Act 2015 and Terrorism Prevention Act 2011 carefully before you dig your hole further.

If I write a petition to the IGP IRT, DSS or NSA, with only your moniker, and IP, they would track you and deliver you to Abuja. I can assure you that you would spend the next 10 years in jail. You won't even make bail. You would sell everything you own to settle the case without headway.

As your mother failed to teach you manners, I'd make it my responsibility. You will hear from me.
You can write to Trump son.

(1) (Reply)

Adiva Plain Field Inside Beechwood Estate / Industrial Borehole Drillers In Lagos State / Distress Sale: A Plot Of Land For Urgent Sale At Ogii, Okigwe, In IMO State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.