Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,519 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

4 Nigerian Writers Nominated For Commonwealth Writer's Prize - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 4 Nigerian Writers Nominated For Commonwealth Writer's Prize (2345 Views)

Two Nigerians Nominated For 2015 Caine Prize For African Writing / Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / 2 Nigerians Shortlisted For Commonwealth Book Prize 2013! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Nigerian Writers Nominated For Commonwealth Writer's Prize by aloyemeka1: 12:00am On Feb 09, 2011
Chimamanda Adichie, Adaobi Nwaubani and 2 other Nigerian Writers Nominated for Commonwealth Writer's Prize

[img]http://4.bp..com/_ukqwa9IFmR4/TVCAPdDRdrI/AAAAAAAAA-E/X9esb67bczY/s1600/ngozi.jpg[/img][img]http://3.bp..com/_ukqwa9IFmR4/TVCAQVkDvtI/AAAAAAAAA-I/M5I6sUfjJ30/s1600/nn.jpg[/img]
Four Nigerian writers are among the authors on the race for this year's Commonwealth Writer's Prize:
Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani was shortlisted in the Best First Book (Africa) category for her debut novel, I Do Not Come To You By Chance.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has also been shortlisted for Best Book for her collection of short stories titled TheThing Around Your Neck. She had in 2005 won Best First Book overall prize with her novel, Purple Hibiscus.

Kachi A. Ozumba, author of The Shadow of a Smile and Abidemi Sanusi, author of Eyo are two UK-based Nigerian authors who have also been shortlisted for Best Book and Best First Book respectively.

The Commonwealth Writers' Prize has been considered as one of the world's most important literary awards, presented annually by the Commonwealth Foundation with the support of the Macquarie Group Foundation.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/02/chimamanda-adichie-adaobi-nwaubani-and.html
Re: 4 Nigerian Writers Nominated For Commonwealth Writer's Prize by fstranger3(m): 12:03am On Feb 09, 2011
Big ups to our Biafran sisters

You guys are sure to rock this

God knows y'all need it!
Re: 4 Nigerian Writers Nominated For Commonwealth Writer's Prize by Orikinla(m): 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2011
Reads like old news to me.

Search Results
I Do Not Come To You By Chance wins the Commonwealth Writers ,
11 Mar 2010 , 5 Responses to I Do Not Come To You By Chance wins the Commonwealth Writers' Prize. Kenneth kenechukwu says: May 6, 2010 at 8:49 pm ,
www.cassavarepublic.biz/, /i-do-not-come-to-you-by-chance-wins-the-commonwealth-writers-prize

(1) (Reply)

STREET 207 / "My Son Is A Member Of Pyrates Confraternity"- Wole Soyinka. / Chronicles Of The Hunters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.