Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,016 members, 7,835,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling (40723 Views)

Arsenal Strip Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Of Captaincy After Disciplinary Breach / Pierre-emerick Aubameyang Nets Twice As Arsenal Wins The FA Cup / Serie A Golden Boot: Immobile Leads Ronaldo, Others In The Race (See Top 6) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by tfash96(m): 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
sureteeboy:

I've stopped taking any award seriously since Modric won the Ballon d'or that year.
If I want to check the list of top performers as far as football statistics is concerned, I visit whoscored.com
So Modric didn't deserve it right? So tell me the player that really deserved it?
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by Benwallt(m): 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mehn! Jamie Fardy don old o but I senior am sha and e fit disgrace me with money anytime and anywhere
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by Dextre(m): 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2020
pabon:
Well deserved. He plays for a team like Leicester and still manages this feat. He deserves all he accolades he gets.
It's a pity his team couldn't make it to next season's Champions league.

What's a team like Leicester...Leicester is a top 6 team in england now so what exactly are you talking about
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by searchng4love: 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
GoshenNLA:
He is good though but too old at 33
Na Aubameyang I want for Chelsea
KTBFFH
Heavens forbid
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by Goalnaldo(m): 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
pabon:
Well deserved. He plays for a team like Leicester and still manages this feat. He deserves all he accolades he gets.
Asin they fuccked up. Leicester City that was dragging with City for second place just dropped out of top four entirely.

1 Like

Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by IAmTobore(m): 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
pabon:
it might be a blessing in disguise. I hope he wins the Europa league next season. I really like that guy's hard work.
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by EbukaHades10(m): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

The truth is that before you win any award in England,......... You either have to be an England boy OR you playing for one of England "BIG TRADITIONAL CLUBS"..................if not, I don't see why Yaya Toure, Silva, Company, Aguero or Debryune fail to win any award despite their legendary status.
I'm glad u've accepted that City is not in the "Big clubs" as u mentioned but check when Rvp won it and what he achieved, Suarez also and Salah fvcking smashed the goal record in a season. Are you now trying to tell me that they don't deserve it cus I know they aren't English men.

uunwanaobong3:

Can you imagine, despite winning only one premier league trophy in their history, 6 players from Liverpool have won premier league best player............... This is an insult to the game
Um, 19th actually. PS, b4 u say anything further Rvp won the Pfa player of the year when City won the league in 2012 so don't make it as if Liverpool is being favoured. Sterling won the Fwa player of the year last season (the same one Henderson won this season, y una no complain.

1 Like

Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by EbukaHades10(m): 9:53pm On Jul 26, 2020
uniquetechng:
Kante won it with a goal and an assist, that's two goals contribution for an entire season.
That same season Kane scored 30 league goals, Henderson had more goals and more assists than Kante that same season, but yeah Kante won the award and nobody complained .
U dey answer them? When it doesn't favor them, they start complaining.

Maybe next season if a goalkeeper collects it, they'll start asking "how many goals he scored'
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by makeherscream(m): 9:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ilovebigboobs:

Yhh Truly well deserved, buh would have loved Danny Wings winning it.. 22 goals and none came from the spot while playing for a Average team like Southampton.
stop saying what you don't know . He scored from the spot today.
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by MrBONE2(m): 9:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

Debryun has a joint highest assist in premier league history. .... 20

Debryun has created the highest goal scoring chances in the whole of Europe .................155 big chances created by debryun but the useless strikers were only able to score 20 goals from 155 chances.
....... Even Messi and Muller that got 21 assist only creates 68 and 61 chances respectively...... That has shown how poor mancity attackers have been.............. If debryun chances was to be converted in the same ration as that of Messi and Muller which is 3:1, definitely debryune should be having 52 assists this season

Ederson has the highest number of clean sheets.............16 games without conceding in epl

And yet Henderson is the best player in premier league simply because he organises players to donate to NHS and also organized kneeling for racism....... Hahaha

A whole legend David silva has just retire without winning any individual award................. He was only nominated into premier league team of the season just twice and won player of the month only ones ......... England is an embarrassment to football

Even an historic aguero has not won any individual award and has only been nominated into premier team of the season only ones......... What an injustice
grin

Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by uunwanaobong3: 10:00pm On Jul 26, 2020
flyingpig:
England no just like city players at alll. England is a very traditional club they'll always favour clubs with history in their awards. And they are Liverpool and man Utd. If it was man utd in city position and Liverpool lift the trophy it won't be this biased against man u as it is to city. They will split the awards between man u and city almost equally. I've noticed the bias against city. Its even easier for them to favour leeds with rich English history of awards than a man city in form.

That is the point I am trying to make, ......... England big boys are using individual award to hunt mancity so that big players will not like to sign for mancity, since they stand no chance of winning individual award.......... It is a psychological warfare..

They have tried using Financial fair play, but it does not work...

They tried manipulating result through baise officiating, but that doesn't work as well

They introduce var, and they are successful because both Liverpool and man utd keep scoring penalties in almost every match.......and through var, Liverpool just won the league.

Now they want to finish mancity players by denying them their individual awards........... Fear England

1 Like

Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by EbukaHades10(m): 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

They introduce var, and they are successful because both Liverpool and man utd keep scoring penalties in almost every match.......and through var, Liverpool just won the league.

Bobo, u no get point at all. No be u talk am as at last season if not early this season say VAR go "expose Liverpool?

Abi u don forget?

Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by Chirowman(m): 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
good
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by Ellegacy(m): 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
NACE13:
I needed your team to just score one freaking goal today Just 1 !! Is that so hard to ask for, huh?

Apparently it is... Sorry oooo
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by uunwanaobong3: 10:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
EbukaHades10:
I'm glad u've accepted that City is not in the "Big clubs" as u mentioned but check when Rvp won it and what he achieved, Suarez also and Salah fvcking smashed the goal record in a season. Are you now trying to tell me that they don't deserve it cus I know they aren't English men.

Um, 19th actually. PS, b4 u say anything further Rvp won the Pfa player of the year when City won the league in 2012 so don't make it as if Liverpool is being favoured. Sterling won the Fwa player of the year last season (the same one Henderson won this season, y una no complain.

If you are using RVP, suarez, Salah goal scoring expliot only to justify winning best player award............ What happened in 2016/2017 season when Kante won the award with just one goal and one assist?....... and Aguero score 26 goal in EPL that season and yet he wasn't even mention in the top 3 contender......

I know you will ask if Kante is a striker!

But let me ask you, ... Is debryune a striker? And yet he has score 14 goals

Brother always face facts at all times
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by Bossman25(m): 10:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
He is saying the truth....tell me what was the rating for Henderson to be name best player in England...someone that was not even better than mane when it came to week in week out performance..Or who else...
Debruyne was the stand out performer this season. Last season it was Sterling....Let them keep their bias.
When Guardiola won all trophies in England last season, he was undermined simply becos of the jealousy....
The Var Scandals...the Mane week in week out diving, the Man united penalty favour.....etc

EbukaHades10:
Bobo, u no get point at all. No be u talk am as at last season if not early this season say VAR go "expose Liverpool?

Abi u don forget?
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by uunwanaobong3: 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
EbukaHades10:

Abi u don forget?

We all know that even if mancity won all the trophy available including champions league, that mancity players will not still win individual awards.

Just like last season when they won everything in England and yet Liverpool player van Dirk end up winning best player!!!!!

When I ask, On what account did van Dirk win EPL best? ........ Some people say he won champions league.

But according to those same people, premier league best player should be won by a best player in a winning team of that league and maybe other local cup included........................ And champions league best player won UEFA best............ Which EPL best is only meant for local competition and UEFA best is meant for champions league performance.

If EPL best is meant for local competition, why did van Dirk won it ahead of benardo Silva who won the league and was agueably the best player domestically?
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by EbukaHades10(m): 11:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

If you are using RVP, suarez, Salah goal scoring expliot only to justify winning best player award............ What happened in 2016/2017 season when Kante won the award with just one goal and one assist?....... and Aguero score 26 goal in EPL that season and yet he wasn't even mention in the top 3 contender......

I know you will ask if Kante is a striker!

But let me ask you, ... Is debryune a striker? And yet he has score 14 goals

Brother always face facts at all times
There u go twisting my words. Where did I mention that it was bcus of their goals they won it?

If u had scrolled further, u would have seen where I quoted somebody that even if a keeper wins it, u lots will still complain

I cited them based on the fact that they aren't English men cus u said "if u are not from England and don't play for the traditional big clubs".

You also made some it seem as if Liverpool players are being favoured for the award despite them not winning the league which was y I cited Rvp that won it when City won the league in 2012

If u can't argue without twisting words, this conversation is over, abeg
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by EbukaHades10(m): 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

We all know that even if mancity won all the trophy available including champions league, that mancity players will not still win individual awards.

Just like last season when they won everything in England and yet Liverpool player van Dirk end up winning best player!!!!!

When I ask, On what account did van Dirk win EPL best? ........ Some people say he won champions league.

But according to those same people, premier league best player should be won by a best player in a winning team of that league and maybe other local cup included........................ And champions league best player won UEFA best............ Which EPL best is only meant for local competition and UEFA best is meant for champions league performance.

If EPL best is meant for local competition, why did van Dirk won it ahead of benardo Silva who won the league and was agueably the best player domestically?
Let me ask something. Who makes the decision to award the Pfa player of the year? Is it not the same professionals like themselves?

Had it been it was fans now, u would understand ur comment but their fellow players saw Vvd as the stand out performer of last season and u are here debating what I don't understand.

PS, Van dijk won the FIFA best player bcus he won the Ucl not the Pfa so I don't know who told u that he won Pfa bcus of Champe
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by EbukaHades10(m): 11:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
Bossman25:
He is saying the truth....tell me what was the rating for Henderson to be name best player in England...someone that was not even better than mane when it came to week in week out performance..Or who else...
Debruyne was the stand out performer this season. Last season it was Sterling....Let them keep their bias.
Kdb was good this season, yes but if his fellow professionals decide to give the award to Todd Cantwell, u won beat them, collect the award give kdb?

As he also said, Kante was given the award cus he was seen as the standout player by his peers abi u people think it's by winning 10 titles in a season?

Whoever they give it to will be deemed worthy in the eyes of his peers.

Bossman25:
When Guardiola won all trophies in England last season, he was undermined simply becos of the jealousy....
The Var Scandals...the Mane week in week out diving, the Man united penalty favour.....etc
All this baseless allegations sha. VAR no favor ur team this season? "Mane week in week out diving", he dive against ur team? With the "week in week out diving", Liverpool has only been awarded 5 penalty this season as against City's 11 and yet they are "divers" and VAR is favouring them.

The only game I knew VAR favoured Liverpool was the game against wolves at anfield where their (Wolves) equaliser was cancelled.
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by samzyolu: 11:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

The truth is that before you win any award in England,......... You either have to be an England boy OR you playing for one of England "BIG TRADITIONAL CLUBS"..................if not, I don't see why Yaya Toure, Silva, Company, Aguero or Debryune fail to win any award despite their legendary status.

Can you imagine, despite winning only one premier league trophy in their history, 6 players from Liverpool have won premier league best player............... This is an insult to the game
pls who was the last English player that won an in EPL?
Can't remember
Hazard, kante, salah, are they English players?

There is no politics in EPL awards

I value it more than Ballon d'or and world best
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by Slynation(m): 12:29am On Jul 27, 2020
4eyededoboy:
wow well deserved
I'm still rooting for ronaldo to win serie A top scorer.

To all madridstas out there this is our new whatsapp group below
feel free to join us.

https://chat. whatsapp.com/LMcCdQyAGSPGn7teHjh9iB

Hala Madrid
CR7 should just forget about that one and try again next season, Ciro Immobile is getting another hat trick against Brescia on Wednesday
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by Myself2(m): 5:17am On Jul 27, 2020
Lordfranklin:
Jamie Vardy keeps aging like fine wine!
A good finisher!
Manchester United really gimme joy today sha
Some people been think say 5th position na where we belong but God pass dem
#GGMU

Hmmm brah, no vex o, what is GGMU,,,,Is it God is good motors Uselu ?

Na question I ask o
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by Lordfranklin(m): 7:02am On Jul 27, 2020
Myself2:

Na question I ask o
It means "Glory Glory Man United"
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by Donniest22(m): 7:46am On Jul 27, 2020
Ilovebigboobs:

Yhh Truly well deserved, buh would have loved Danny Ings winning it.. 22 goals and none came from the spot while playing for a Average team like Southampton.
He scored one from the spot
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by jamesadewale(m): 8:03am On Jul 27, 2020
very good
Check my signature to discover how to make money on telegram.
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by Kingkun69(m): 8:26am On Jul 27, 2020
dawodukayode:
The most under rated strike in premier league
underrated Ke?
Na chris wood and Ashley barns
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 27, 2020
Myself2:

Na question I ask o
grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by uniquetechng: 9:08am On Jul 27, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

That is the point I am trying to make, ......... England big boys are using individual award to hunt mancity so that big players will not like to sign for mancity, since they stand no chance of winning individual award.......... It is a psychological warfare..

They have tried using Financial fair play, but it does not work...

They tried manipulating result through baise officiating, but that doesn't work as well

Now they want to finish mancity players by denying them their individual awards........... Fear England
Liverpool got just six penalties all season and that's not the fourth highest in the league, so how does VAR favoured Liverpool

VAR awarded Real Madrid ten penalties in ten straight matches you didn't see that, hypocrite.
Re: Vardy Wins Premier League Golden Boot, Beats Ings, Aubameyang & Sterling by Globalistic(f): 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2020
Well deserved! Congratulations Vardy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea: FA Cup (2 - 2) On 10th March 2013 / Manchester City Vs Barcelona : UCL (3 - 1) On 1st November 2016 / Liverpool Vs Arsenal: Carabao Cup -(4 - 5) On Pens On 1st October 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.