Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,090 members, 7,845,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant (36056 Views)

Lagos Targets 60 Days For Landlord-Tenant Dispute Resolution / Muhammad Nami: FIRS Plans Stamp Duty Palliatives For Tenants / Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by Bewiseedet(m): 3:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
wunmi590:
cool

Honestly, paying the money is not really majority of Nigerians problem, but using for the purpose which it was being collected for is what is on most Nigerians mind.

It is better for me to earn 100k and use 80k to pay tax in saner country than Nigeria, which the money would be embezzled and shared among themselves.

God please come and take me away from the country to better European country biko
You get the money to pay them fine with you.
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by Amalekki: 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2020
Are people doing 7 year lease on typical rents in Nigeria? If not, why the emphasis on 6%? What applies to most people is 0.78%.

Understandable that most people won't like this but on my part, I like it. When your money is involved, even if it's very small like this 0.78% people tend to get committed. Now more people can ask the government questions and demand accountability - oya my people let's make Nigeria work, you can chop oil money and other resource money but not my personal money! grin
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by litaninja(m): 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2020
Nigerians....leave the nonsense BBnaija you are watching & wake up to whats going on.

1 Like

Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by akigbemaru: 3:57pm On Jul 29, 2020
kikero:

The main reason why PDP lost power in 2015 was because they lost middle belt states like Kwara, Nassarawa and Benue

Which were lost due to internal division in the PDP branches there.

Had GEJ won those three states , he would have left power on may 29 2019. The Yoruba vote won't have mattered at all except in Kwara

Also taxes are going up because oil our major earner is not earning us enough money now. Even if GEJ had won in 2015 , we would have had to raise taxes. Oil has been falling since 2014, and we have had times when it was blow$30 per barrel, when we need it to be at least $100 per barrel because of our large population.

And no, this is not a defence of Buhari. Buhari even knows what to do to take us better economically but because it involves taking some politically unpopular decisions, he won't do it.
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by edoairways: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2020
1x2x3:

What nonsense are you saying? Crowdfunding for politicians to loot or are you part of those thieves?

0.78% isn't much to you but you will be amazed when you multiply that by number of tenants in Nigeria.
It is per year bro though the revenue generated from tax isn't commensurate with the benefits derived from it.
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by akigbemaru: 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
loneprof:

Have you been consulted to help convince Nigerians on this clearly illegal duty? Even if it's 1 kobo, this governement doesn't deserve such cos it's getting too much. You pay land use on your property, you pay personal income tax, you pay VAT, you pay stamp duty on bank transactions! At the end of the day, the government can't spend the money judiciously. It makes no sense.
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by ednut1(m): 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
MrColdsweat:

Who's doing the weeping?

You are the one defending against what is obviously true.

Your people will reap the reward of what you brought upon southern Nigeria.
hahahaha keep weeping
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by edoairways: 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
litaninja:
Nigerians....leave the nonsense BBnaija you are watching & wake up to whats going on.
Not all Nigerians watch big brother
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by dasoul(m): 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2020
This is very welcoming. If Nigeria are made to pay more and more tax, they might become more politically active. We will elect leaders they trust can manage their tax money and not just out of tribal or religious loyalty. If the money embezzled by NDDC where to Nigeria Deltans tax money, they would have all been on the street calling for the arrest and prosecution of all NDDC staffs involved in the corruption scandal.

1 Like

Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by edoairways: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2020
ednut1:
I can post quotes from 2015 where I lambasted Buhari. We Yorubas are not herd voters, we vote who we want. from the facts I posted South west did not determine anything. we own the media in the SW and can twist the narrative. wise people know the media is being used to overstate the importance of Tinubu. Tinubu in Lagos could not ginger 75% of registered voters to come out to vote. Enough of tribal politics and generalization.
Tunde is that you?
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by Salvofthesouth(m): 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2020
Aolconsult:

The money is not so much if you are to go with 0.78%

please help share this information to Nigerians

What has the government ever done for the citizenry? Such irresponsible comment! Stop yourself please

Openbusiness4:
sad APC Nigerians are waiting for you in 2023.

Nothing is going to change, some dumbos in the south West are ready to give them a 3rd chance because their son is there!
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by ednut1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
edoairways:

Tunde is that you?
no
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by akigbemaru: 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
Amalekki:
Are people doing 7 year lease on typical rents in Nigeria? If not, why the emphasis on 6%? What applies to most people is 0.78%.

Understandable that most people won't like this but on my part, I like it. When your money is involved, even if it's very small like this 0.78% people tend to get committed. Now more people can ask the government questions and demand accountability - oya my people let's make Nigeria work, you can chop oil money and other resource money but not my personal money! grin
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by edoairways: 4:03pm On Jul 29, 2020
dasoul:
This is very welcoming. If Nigeria are made to pay more and more tax, they might become more politically active. We will elect leaders they trust can manage their tax money and not just out of tribal or religious loyalty. If the money embezzled by NDDC where to Nigeria Deltans tax money, they would have all been on the street calling for the arrest and prosecution of all NDDC staffs involved in the corruption scandal.
The Niger Delta struggle was orchestrated by some selfish politicians. Since they got what they want, nothing significant had changed. The only reasonable state making progress to a large extent is Akwa ibom

1 Like

Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by edoairways: 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2020
ednut1:
no
Ok
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by Salvofthesouth(m): 4:05pm On Jul 29, 2020
Openbusiness4:
sad APC Nigerians are waiting for you in 2023.

Nothing is going to change, some dumbos in the south West are ready to give them a 3rd chance because their son is there!
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by justdare007(m): 4:05pm On Jul 29, 2020
Aolconsult:

https://aolmanagementconsult.com.ng/firs-6-stamp-duty-charge-on-tenancy-lease-agreement-how-it-affects-you-as-landlord-or-tenant/

There is a table of worked example of how you can calculate Stamp Duty on your own and not be cheated by your landlord
My own problem is that...
How do one pay this money.
I mean will someone pay into FIRS account? Or what?
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by ghiloman28(m): 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2020
Alooter continue
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by Femeto: 4:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
Thief's when I am already paying land use charge and monthly tax from my income.
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by Newboss(m): 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osyxcel:

How will you go with 0.78% when it's not a lease agreement?

Is there any landlord that will sign an agreement of 7 years with you?

Not 7 years. It's 0.78% if the term is between 0 and 7 years
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by Yoighaman(m): 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2020
Most people don't mind paying their taxes, the only annoying thing is that most of the funds are usually embezzled. That is the problem of black men.
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by sulaak(m): 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The government will suffer the poor till they can't breathe again

You need start preparing for the revolution

They deserve to suffer, lazy idiots. They want good government but refuse to fight for it.

3 Likes

Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by Newboss(m): 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2020
pacespot:
I HOPE THIS IS NOT TARGETED AT ME COS I'M ABOUT TO RENT A NEW APARTMENT

It's not much. If you're not renting for more than 7 years at a go, you pay 0.78%. For example, if your rent is 1m, you'll pay 7800 Naira only.
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by ipain: 4:16pm On Jul 29, 2020
Aolconsult:

I will not pay.
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by Elsueno: 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2020
You mean apart from the one you guys have being collecting from landlords. YOU STILL WANT MORE.
Oya come and force it out of hand
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by golddare: 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
Aolconsult:

https://aolmanagementconsult.com.ng/firs-6-stamp-duty-charge-on-tenancy-lease-agreement-how-it-affects-you-as-landlord-or-tenant/

There is a table of worked example of how you can calculate Stamp Duty on your own and not be cheated by your landlord

Caretakers have been collecting on behalf of the FG since.

1 Like

Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by Bizibi(m): 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2020
Aolconsult:

Nigeria landlords careless....Abuja landlords will be merciless this year.
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by pyrex23(m): 4:44pm On Jul 29, 2020
SocialJustice:
They should wait for me to pay. Nonsense people. The one landlords and agents are doing isn't enough, FG wants their share too.

it's your responsibility as a Nigerian

it's just that this country is in no way in order..
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by bizzibodi(m): 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osyxcel:

#50 charge for every Credit you receive into your bank account in excess of #10,000.
My own money fa!
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by Ilaumoh(m): 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
edoairways:

The Niger Delta struggle was orchestrated by some selfish politicians. Since they got what they want, nothing significant had changed. The only reasonable state making progress to a large extent is Akwa ibom
Yes
Re: FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant by Osyxcel(m): 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2020
Newboss:

Not 7 years. It's 0.78% if the term is between 0 and 7 years

Okay... Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / The Construction Of The Abeokuta City Centre Begins / Application To Own Houses In Akwa Ibom FG Housing Scheme Opens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.