Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,664 members, 7,837,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Bournemouth Consider Legal Action After Goal-Line Technology Error Relegate Them - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bournemouth Consider Legal Action After Goal-Line Technology Error Relegate Them (661 Views)

Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) / Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot / Fans React To Neymar And Mbappe 'Money Celebration' After Goal Against Liverpool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bournemouth Consider Legal Action After Goal-Line Technology Error Relegate Them by ogbiwa: 6:53am On Jul 29, 2020
Bournemouth's board is expected to discuss whether to pursue any legal challenge over the goalline technology error in the Aston Villa v Sheffield United match in June.

Hawk-Eye, the company responsible for goal-line technology in the Premier League, apologised after Sheffield were denied a goal in the match against Villa after the ball had clearly crossed the goal line.

Had the goal been correctly given and Sheffield won the match, Aston Villa would have finished the season level on points with Bournemouth and may be relegated on goal difference.

Instead the match finished 0-0 and Villa ended the season one point above relegated Bournemouth in the Premier League.

The Cherries have a board meeting this week.

There has been no instruction to lawyers at this stage.

After the incident on 17 June, Hawk-Eye said in a statement: "The seven cameras located in the stands around the goal area were significantly occluded by the goalkeeper, defender, and goalpost. This level of occlusion has never been seen before in over 9,000 matches that the Hawk-Eye Goal Line Technology system has been in operation.

"Hawk-Eye unreservedly apologises to the Premier League, Sheffield United, and everyone affected by this incident."

At the time the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) said the video assistant referee did not intervene because of the "unique" circumstances and said it would review how a similar incident in the future can be handled.

The International Football Association Board (Ifab) rules state: "In principle, a match is not invalidated because of: malfunction(s) of the VAR technology (as for goal line technology (GLT))."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53571916

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Bournemouth Consider Legal Action After Goal-Line Technology Error Relegate Them by logon599: 6:54am On Jul 29, 2020
Wow. I saw that goal that wasn't given and I must say I understand Bournemouth's pain. I would sue too if I was in their shoes. Some errors are just not acceptable. This one is costing them loss of millions in Premier League revenue.

1 Like

Re: Bournemouth Consider Legal Action After Goal-Line Technology Error Relegate Them by popsy2(m): 6:59am On Jul 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Bournemouth Consider Legal Action After Goal-Line Technology Error Relegate Them by DICKstractor: 7:02am On Jul 29, 2020
That was one one of the controversial moments in the premier league this season.

That was a clear goal but was denied. I was like wtf...

They should sue the company. They can't just get relegated like that at least let them cash out big time.

I still wonder when bournemouth will come out of relegation. Championship is not a child's play. It's more competitive than Ligue 1, Seria A and Bundesliga combined

2 Likes

Re: Bournemouth Consider Legal Action After Goal-Line Technology Error Relegate Them by sammychimex(m): 7:04am On Jul 29, 2020
Sue them, responsibility must be taken, but don't blame them for your relegation, because your fate cannot be totally decided by a match you weren't playing. Teams has been going on relegation for God knows how long don't make too much fuss on this.

1 Like

Re: Bournemouth Consider Legal Action After Goal-Line Technology Error Relegate Them by FaAbokiWithSuit(m): 7:13am On Jul 29, 2020
VAR should be canceled it's not the best idea in football. It's killing the fun and pace in the sport.

Manchester United should be renamed VAR United. They can't win a match without VAR. The var team angry
Re: Bournemouth Consider Legal Action After Goal-Line Technology Error Relegate Them by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 29, 2020
so hawk-eye is blind after all...
Re: Bournemouth Consider Legal Action After Goal-Line Technology Error Relegate Them by internationalman(m): 8:03am On Jul 29, 2020
If there is still room for errors even with technology why bother inventing them to replace referee judgment..

They are killing football..

As for VAR, English referees don't know Jack about football. VAR just exposed them
Re: Bournemouth Consider Legal Action After Goal-Line Technology Error Relegate Them by paulolee(m): 8:11am On Jul 29, 2020
i saw that match and still don't know how or why the VAR along with the hawk eye or goal line technology ruled out that clear goal..
its not bad if they go ahead with the court case but i jus see a little compensation being paid to them but they would still be in championship because they played other 37 fixtures and could have done better, but no doubt that special game against villa can be a factor..
Re: Bournemouth Consider Legal Action After Goal-Line Technology Error Relegate Them by Fulks217: 9:26am On Jul 29, 2020
VAR may be helpful sometimes

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Reveals The Secrets Of His Success For Two Decades / Does Anyone Know Good Football Prediction Sites? / Anthony Joshua Arrives At London Bubble Ahead Of Bout With Kubrat Pulev (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.