Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,303 members, 7,864,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:33 PM

How A Flash Saved A Man - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / How A Flash Saved A Man (412 Views)

How Beans Saved Us From Armed Robbers / How A Flash Saved Me / How Beans Saved Us From Armed Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Flash Saved A Man by Firstuss: 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2020
Walking along the streets of the popular maitama area of Abuja, I sought for a place to have a haircut.
After a few minutes, I came upon a lovely looking place. The words 'FOR YOU' were beautifully engraved on the gate which was not made of cheap-looking material.

I entered the very serene-looking compound which was beautified by various lovely flowers and trees that provided a cool shade.
There were about 5 different high class cars parked under the shades.

The hall itself was massive.
The cold created by the air-conditioner was so intense that I felt myself shivering as I entered the building.
Towards the left was a beautiful hair salon well decorated with mirrors.
At the other end was a door marked "SPA"!

There were about 5 beautifully clad Filipino ladies standing and seating at different corners looking like mannequins.
Another beautiful, obviously-Nigerian lady sat behind a table which was centrally placed with 'Receptionist' on it.
I didn't see any men.

Trying to unconsciously decipher which of the ladies was the prettiest, my eyes strayed from one to the other as I steadily took steps towards the receptionist.
"Good morning madam" I said.
She replied with a never-fading smile
"Good morning sir. What can we do 'for you'?"
"I'd like to have a haircut'.
At the word "Haircut", I noticed one of the Filipino ladies gradually walk to the hair salon section and stand behind the seat.
This happened to be the same lady who my subconscious mind had finally concluded to be the most beautiful after my assessment.
Was she the barber?!
It wouldn't hurt to have a pretty lady giving me a haircut but ....
Is she really qualified?!
Well..... If her skills were in any way directly proportional to her beauty, then I might as well leave my head for her.

At that moment, the door marked 'SPA' opened and a man stepped out. He was closely followed by another beautiful filipino woman.
There was a satisfied smile on his face as he waved at the receptionist and stepped outside.
I tried my best to keep my mind focused and not imagine what could be happening behind the closed door.
After all, it was a 'SPA'. The woman was probably a masseuse and the man's smile obviously showed his satisfaction with the quality of therapy he had just received!
But to receive such therapy from such beautiful ladies?...... Behind closed doors? and possibly compartmentalized apartments?
Hmmmmm.......
Some men sure know how to look for trouble!

"Sir?"..
I was jolted back to reality.
"I beg your pardon", I replied, as I tried hard to remember the last thing she said to me.
"Its thirty thousand naira"
'No.. I meant haircut', I said as I wondered if I'd mistakenly said something else.
She looked me straight in the face without the slightest waver in her smile and said," Sir the haircut will cost you thirty thousand naira"
I opened my mouth twice but no words came out. I was dumb-struck!.
I noticed I was beginning to sweat inside although the cooling effect of the air conditioner had not reduced in intensity.
Thirty Thousand?!!!

At that moment my phone rang!
I picked it, raised my finger to excuse myself and started walking towards the door and out of the building even as I continued to speak into a phone that was not connected to anyone.
(It was a 'flash' but I did not care. I had never been more grateful for a 'flash' than I was that day)
I retraced my steps out of the compound.

As I walked out, I kept thinking of the 'Thirty Thousand'...
For a haircut?!.
Unconsciously, I blurted out,"I de mad?!"

Goodbye Abuja...
I'm taking my head back to Asaba!

Dr Val
(First written 2013)

Pls you too kindly share you experience with us??

1 Like

Re: How A Flash Saved A Man by Nairalandmonika: 3:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
Op did this really happen, 30k for haircut. Shey after I finish cutting the hair, it will not grow again.
Re: How A Flash Saved A Man by ewelike98925: 6:41am On Aug 01, 2020
cheesy
Re: How A Flash Saved A Man by idogbe14170: 11:38am On Aug 02, 2020
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Epic Reactions. Loud Screams. Bushman Prank (video) / Rat Poison / Breaking News! - Isreal Grants Citizenship To All Biafrans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.