Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? (4494 Views)

How To Woo A Born Again "Spirit Filled" Christian Sister. / Can A Christian Sister Or Brother Become A Model? / A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by Bensogie(m): 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2007
I still cant understand this whole thing. I believe the Bible is very clear on the issue of premarital sex. I attended a wedding of a Christian Sister, to my utmost surprise, she was already pregnant. I mean her wedding gown couldnt hide the swollen stomach.
I was surprised, to say the least disappointed. It was a church wedding. The Presiding pastor cannot tell me that he wasnt aware.
I dont know were we are heading in the Church. I think if we profess to be Christians,then we should be Christians indeed.
What do you think? lipsrsealed
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by efuah(f): 3:16pm On Jun 19, 2007
it's bad dear! God forbids it n it's consequence arises after marriage.
one thing we must know is that, once u disobey God, He also turns His back to u
when you need him most.

But it's good she did not commit a double sin by aborting to please humanity.
that's more deceptive.

well i think by now, she might have asked for forgiveness already.
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by tokzyt(m): 9:41pm On Jun 20, 2007
Getting pregnant before wedding is a deception,lies from the pit of hell. sex few hours to your wedding is fornication and its against the will of God. Getting pregnant before wedding is mostly spawn out of fear of not getting pregnant after wedding. But what happens when there is a miscarrige after such wedding or the death of the baby after the wedding? Christianity is all about faith, without faith we are not worth being christians.
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by Wilfem(m): 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2007
I mean,what is bad has no other name. Even morally it is not expected of a modest lady. I believe charity begins at home.no amount of sermon you hear will have effect if one is not self determined.
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by donmayor(m): 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2007
Sex before marriage is forbidden by the bible talkless of pregnancy but what was the pastor supposed to do? Tell the sister not to get married again in her life cos he can't preside over the wedding? Or tell her to wait until after she gives birth to deceive who? I do not know the solution probably registry wedding
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by trinigirl1(f): 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2007
Bensogie:

I still can't understand this whole thing. I believe the Bible is very clear on the issue of premarital sex. I attended a wedding of a Christian Sister, to my utmost surprise, she was already pregnant. I mean her wedding gown couldnt hide the swollen stomach.
I was surprised, to say the least disappointed. It was a church wedding. The Presiding pastor cannot tell me that he wasnt aware.
I don't know were we are heading in the Church. I think if we profess to be Christians,then we should be Christians indeed.
What do you think? lipsrsealed

I think that anyone who is so quick to judge and condemn someone else for doing the right thing must have at least 100 skeletons of wrong doings in their own closet.  Before you scorn and talk about the grain of sand in your sister's eye, remove the gravel stones from yours and save your disappointment for yourself!

So what if the girl was pregnant! They are already married and the church ceremony is just a public declaration in the eyes of God and man of this union.  Nonsense!

In your opinion please tell me, what is a Christian supposed to be like. I'd love to hear.
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by trinigirl1(f): 6:00pm On Jun 21, 2007
efuah:

it's bad dear! God forbids it n it's consequence arises after marriage.
one thing we must know is that, once u disobey God, He also turns His back to u
when you need him most.

But it's good she did not commit a double sin by aborting to please humanity.
that's more deceptive.

well i think by now, she might have asked for forgiveness already.

Efuah,

For the sake of impressionable individuals who may read this thread I must ask you to expatiate on this ungodly and erroneous contribution.

Please show us scripture to back up your claim that getting pregnant for your fiance is forbidden and getting married to your fiance while pregnant evokes the wrath of God so harsly that he "turns his back on you when you need him most"

I wonder then what Jesus meant when He promised that He would  never leave us or forsake us?
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by trinigirl1(f): 6:02pm On Jun 21, 2007
donmayor:

Sex before marriage is forbidden by the bible talkless of pregnancy but what was the pastor supposed to do? Tell the sister not to get married again in her life because he can't preside over the wedding? Or tell her to wait until after she gives birth to deceive who? I do not know the solution probably registry wedding

Sex before marriage is not forbidden in the Bible, please quote scripture to support this position. There is none. Fornication is not sex between two partners intending to get married. It is sex with prostitutes and incestuous and homosexual relationships
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by Bensogie(m): 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2007
I think that anyone who is so quick to judge and condemn someone else for doing the right thing must have at least 100 skeletons of wrong doings in their own closet. Before you scorn and talk about the grain of sand in your sister's eye, remove the gravel stones from yours and save your disappointment for yourself!

@trini girl.
Please, i didnt send this post because i want to judge someone. The lady in question is a friend,so i know a thing or two about her.Maybe i wouldnt have used the word dissappointed,maybe surprised because[b] i know she is a very devoted christian.[/b]To have attended her wedding to see the position she was in only got me surprised. And out of curiousity, i decided to sample the opinions of fellow brethren on the issue.Thats all! So please, i would appreciate if you send ur opinion on the issue raised,because i am curious to know.Thats all.
Thanks.
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by tlops(m): 8:14pm On Jun 22, 2007
so because the sister is preganant make she no enter church again? NA wa o.pre marital sex is wrong,yes but its just like other forms of sins, so I see no reason for her not to be wedded if she knew they knew their wrong and asked for forgiveness.is it because your own sins no get "immediate" physical consequences na im make u they wonder? The church is for perfecting Gods children.
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by debosky(m): 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2007
tlops:

so because the sister is preganant make she no enter church again? NA wa o.pre marital sex is wrong,yes but i[b]ts just like other forms of sins[/b], so I see no reason for her not to be wedded if she knew they knew their wrong and asked for forgiveness.is it because your own sins no ge physical consequences na im make u they wonder?

Ol' boy you deserve a Nobel Prize honestly, people carry this matter for head like government work. as if they don't sin in other ways. I never read anywhere in the bible where people who had sex before marriage shouldn't be married in a church, or shouldn't wear white (was anything like that even in the bible i wonder). there's too much hypocrisy and judgmental attitudes amongst christians, if someone made a mistake and realised, then fine. Why on earth should they not be married in the church? countless other 'brothers' and 'sisters' who slept together still do white weddings, or is it because she is pregnant that everything changed?
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by tlops(m): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2007
Bensogie:

color]

Please, i didnt send this post because i want to judge someone. The lady in question is a friend,so i know a thing or two about her.Maybe i wouldnt have used the word dissappointed,maybe surprised because[b] i know she is a very devoted christian.[/b]To have attended her wedding to see the position she was in only got me surprised. And out of curiousity, i decided to sample the opinions of fellow brethren on the issue.Thats all! So please, i would appreciate if you send your opinion on the issue raised,because i am curious to know.Thats all.
Thanks.

there is no need sampling opinion on such issues,it happens and we know its a sin, and we all sin one way or the othr so she deserves a church wedding even officiated by the pope.lol

sampling opinion of such will only provide hypocritcal results, cos every one will say chei the sister na fornicator mean while we get our own,
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by dinnerm(f): 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2007
its possible,it happens in some churches,they allow that,its because thats not the type of church you go to, thats why you are suprised,i even wonder wat took your eyes to her belly,its the work of her husband.i have seen that before though in my church its not possible,my pastor cant marry three persons,its only two persons,some couples feel that after the traditional wedding they could have sex before the church wedding,well,everything is left to the agreements between the couples
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by tlops(m): 10:45pm On Jun 22, 2007
okej if your pastor cannot join three people can he join two fornocators? nonsense!!!
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by ifcolpy(f): 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2007
@ trini girl
Sex before marriage is not forbidden in the Bible, please quote scripture to support this position.  There is none.  Fornication is not sex between two partners intending to get married.  It is sex with prostitutes and incestuous and homosexual relationships

Sex before marriage is totally forbidden. Pls dont be decieved do u read ur bible, read 1corinthians 6:15-20

Fornication is the one thing whether its with a prostitute or with someone u intend to get married to. Please dont let the devil decieve u.

@ topic
so wot, the girl got pregnant  it was wrong agreed. But if she has truly repented and sought forgiveness, we have a very merciful God who will surely grant forgiveness. As christians we sometimes fall but the trick is in getting up again. This is not to say that we should willfully go on sinnin because God is merciful ("shall we go on sinning that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?). so pls if u find urself in a situation that is gettin out of hand, please run as fast as ur legs can carry u.
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by efuah(f): 10:50am On Jun 23, 2007
trini_girl:

Efuah,
For the sake of impressionable individuals who may read this thread I must ask you to expatiate on this ungodly and erroneous contribution.
Hey what's with you? cool it ok. why do u attack people on this forum as if u have grudges already? for crying out laud, what's ungodly and erroneous about my contribution?
or do u just use any vocabulary that comes to mind?

opinions are like noses and everyone including u and i have one. i post my contributions based on how i see things and the understanding i derive from the whole situation. how i understand the bible might be different from ur own understanding too.

trini_girl:

I wonder then what Jesus meant when He promised that He would never leave us or forsake us?
Of course God said that. but if u really read ur bible well, u will also know that eveybody that disobeyed God was punished. God said that David is a man after His own heart, but David was punished wheh he disobeyed God.

Do u think that continuing to live in sin still makes God's grace avails for u??
I WONDER!!
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by Reverend(m): 10:57am On Jun 23, 2007
Lets keep the Bible and it's nonsense out of any advice given. It only ever causes more trouble, problems and complications.

So she is pregnant! What is the problem?

Whether she is married or not is not a problem and those of you spitting your silly bible verses and branding this person a sinner should be ashamed of themselves lipsrsealed

Whether she wanted to have a child is the question. Marriage is nothing more than a piece of paper and should never figure in your calculations when you consider having a child.

If she is happy about the pregnancy and loves the father of her child then things are fine and as they should be . She should not be forced into marriage because of stupid superticions and religious bigotry.
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by Ugwumba(m): 11:11am On Jun 23, 2007
"Thank God, God no be man oh,
For if man be God oh,
I for don die oh,
I for don kpeme oh".

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by efuah(f): 11:12am On Jun 23, 2007
Reverend:

Lets keep the Bible and it's nonsense out of any advice given. It only ever causes more trouble, problems and complications.
SO YOU CALL URSELF REVEREND AND SAY SUCH THINGS ABOUT THE BIBLE shocked
Please dear, watch what you say ok. it's the Bible you are talking about here.
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by Reverend(m): 11:17am On Jun 23, 2007
The book of nonsense lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by Seun(m): 11:25am On Jun 23, 2007
Having sex before marriage may be "unChristian", but if the couple has already engaged in sex leading to pregnancy, they might as well get married instead of committing an abortion, which is more unChristian. So stop judging.
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by niceuzor: 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2007
No its not right? but do we have to say nothing

*Such is life my broda*
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by hesome: 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2010
Wedding does not mean marriage. Marriage is when a couple engage in a sexual relationship. So it is fornication to have sex with someone you will not marry,
There is nothing like sex before wedding because wedding is just a ceremony. Thanks
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by kambo(m): 12:18am On Nov 16, 2010
the sista was unlucky the belle show before the wedin
what those that have been going allnight (tdb)
,multi round sex , time and time again
and yet no belle show.
they got married in style. big smiles lots of praise and fanfare
as for the sista and the broda , the issue is not the pre-marital sex
its their hearts - are they really sorry. are they repentant about it
or did they just want not to be found out.
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by kambo(m): 12:22am On Nov 16, 2010
@reverend

she happy with the child and the illicit sex
but wants Who to bless her marraige?
who will the pastor be praying to bless the union?
is the God of the bible whose rules for holy matrimony she broke?
or is a god she invented that she can dictate to and still get his blessing?
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by tpia5: 1:37am On Nov 16, 2010
@ topic

na today?

the question is how many couples dont have sex before the wedding.
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by Rhino4dm: 2:25am On Nov 16, 2010
@ all
what happen to the " putting to death those that are not virgins on thier wedding night in the bible.
Oh! I remember that was an Old Testament Law abi?
Keep on selecting and choosing between scriptures that favours you. When it comes to tithe/first fruits. . . . . . . The con men of God will run to old testament law to scam their victims
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by almoner(m): 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2010
Nobody is expected to be a jugde, but that doesn't mean we 'll have to do beyond what is written in the Bible
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by rubi(f): 10:38pm On Nov 17, 2010
The point is not having sex before marriage but the effect of the pre-marital sex in marriage is what is dangerous
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by vivaladiva(f): 11:48pm On Nov 17, 2010
i started having sexxx evn b4 i cld run, i got pregnant outside wedlock, gave birth outside wed lock n am still having having sexxxxxxx outside wedlock----pls wat sld i do this sin is killing me ooooooo but it is so sweetoooo
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by NubianQ(f): 11:55pm On Nov 17, 2010
vivaladiva:

i started having sexxx evn b4 i cld run, i got pregnant outside wedlock, gave birth outside wed lock n am still having having sexxxxxxx outside wedlock----pls wat sld i do this sin is killing me ooooooo but it is so sweetoooo

LOL, Madam Viva, dem go sue u for nairaland oh!

To be honest, if they want to have sex before marriage, its not a big deal, besides whats the defination of a "Christian Sister" please,

Personally, as long as we are humans, we will err,

well, there goes the so called Christain Sister with a bump, i am sure she accidentally fell on a stiffy, like Viva,

Well, i hope the baby does not grow up to commit the so called "same Mistake"

These things happen, for the people that can abstain goodluck to them,
Re: A Christian Sister Pregnant Before The Wedding: Is It Right? by vivaladiva(f): 12:01am On Nov 18, 2010
not just good luck good padlock to them

as for that my terrible accident where i trippen n fell on a stiffy---it was d best accident of my life-----ive been going back ever to re-enact the same scene

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religion Section Library Thread / Is Christianity Losing The Battle On Nairaland? / The Church Called Zoe Ministries Worldwide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.