Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,227 members, 7,849,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:11 AM

Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers (786 Views)

This Is Why Christians Will Always Have Problems With Atheists. / As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Major001(m): 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2020
I've observed that this forum is rife with unnecessary arguments between true believers and atheists/unbelievers. Questions about God, Jesus, The Bible, The Rapture, The Great Tribulation, The Jews, etc. are flying all over the place.

While there are wolves amongst the sheep in God's house...this brief message is strictly for true believers. If you've been truly inspired by the Holy Spirit to give a word or two...then go ahead and do so. And leave it at that.

Stop getting involved in unnecessary debates with atheists/unbelievers. Your mandate is to preach the Good News... not argue or try to convince someone else to accept your message or see things from your point of view.

God's Word is received by revelation... not compulsion. Remember, the carnal mind can't grasp spiritual things. So stop with the distracting debates. Your job is to preach to the individual... while that of the Holy Spirit is to reveal the reality of the Gospel truth and convict the spirit of the individual.

And when it comes to unrepentant atheists/unbelievers have these three scriptures at the back of your mind:

PSALM 14:1-3

II PETER 3:1-7

II CORINTHIANS 4:4

Heaven isn't for everyone. Neither is the Lake of Fire.

Time is short. Death is sure. Eternity awaits us all.

Shalom.
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by gsegun43: 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
You cant argue because you can never win.

Do you know how i view god today?

To me, its like those tortoise stories and animal talking stories of when we were kids. I see religious people as kids that will believe that animals can truely talk.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by MJBOLT: 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2020
gsegun43:

To me, its like those tortoise stories and animal talking stories of when we were kids. I see religious people as kids that will believe that animals can truely talk.

9 Likes

Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Major001(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2020
My simple answer is this: you keep to your views and I'll keep to mine. Sooner or later we will both die...and cross over to the other side of life. Then we will know who is wrong and who is right.

Until then...Shalom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by falcon01: 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
gsegun43:

I used to argue with Athiest on this forum as far back as 2014 but now I realize na me wey dey argue no get sense, I realise I dont even have proof or the argument I was doing I'm just doing things every religious person do, so I stopped and comot hand from the matter patapata cheesy bottom line is Religion is bullshit and filled with cock and bull story's But existence of God I dont know maybe theres like a source of energy or something I dont even care to know.

7 Likes

Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by FatherOfJesus: 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
Yeah, because only facts win in arguments. Fictions feel offended

6 Likes

Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by FatherOfJesus: 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
Other side where? I'm definitely not allowing anyone join me enjoy the virgins here
Major001:
My simple answer is this: you keep to your views and I'll keep to mine. Sooner or later we will both die...and cross over to the other side of life. Then we will know who is wrong and who is right.

Until then...Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by kingxsamz(m): 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2020
Major001:
I've observed that this forum is rife with unnecessary arguments between true believers and atheists/unbelievers. Questions about God, Jesus, The Bible, The Rapture, The Great Tribulation, The Jews, etc. are flying all over the place.

While there are wolves amongst the sheep in God's house...this brief message is strictly for true believers. If you've been truly inspired by the Holy Spirit to give a word or two...then go ahead and do so. And leave it at that.

Stop getting involved in unnecessary debates with atheists/unbelievers. Your mandate is to preach the Good News... not argue or try to convince someone else to accept your message or see things from your point of view.

God's Word is received by revelation... not compulsion. Remember, the carnal mind can't grasp spiritual things. So stop with the distracting debates. Your job is to preach to the individual... while that of the Holy Spirit is to reveal the reality of the Gospel truth and convict the spirit of the individual.

And when it comes to unrepentant atheists/unbelievers have these three scriptures at the back of your mind:

PSALM 14:1-3

II PETER 3:1-7

II CORINTHIANS 4:4

Heaven isn't for everyone. Neither is the Lake of Fire.

Time is short. Death is sure. Eternity awaits us all.

Shalom.

Simply because you can't handle facts? grin
Abeg run along.

5 Likes

Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Major001(m): 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
One of these days you'll come to realize the truth. It's only a matter of time. I only hope it won't be too late.

Accept Jesus as Saviour & Lord now.

No one can guarantee you the next five minutes.

The worst thing that can happen to an atheist/unbeliever is to die in this life and open his eyes in the afterlife... only to come face to face with Almighty God.

And then you'll discover the joke had been on you all along.

It's easy to say and write whatever you want now...but when death eventually comes for you...

In the end...light will triumph over darkness. No amount of atheism or unbelief or careless talk can change that fact.

Shalom.
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by petra1(m): 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
Major001:

You're right . We may win a debate but winning a debate does not constitute winning their soul. But at the same time we need to understand that debate is not totally wrong . It gives opportunities to present facts , sow doubts to wrong ideology. The holy spirit do the rest .

Acts 19:9
But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

The only thing I found wrong here is when argument get messy and degenerate into abuses .

2Ti 2:24 — 2Ti 2:25
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by gsegun43: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2020
Major001:
One of these days you'll come to realize the truth. It's only a matter of time. I only hope it won't be too late.

Accept Jesus as Saviour & Lord now.

No one can guarantee you the next five minutes.

The worst thing that can happen to an atheist/unbeliever is to die in this life and open his eyes in the afterlife... only to come face to face with Almighty God.

And then you'll discover the joke had been on you all along.

It's easy to say and write whatever you want now...but when death eventually comes for you...

In the end...light will triumph over darkness. No amount of atheism or unbelief or careless talk can change that fact.

Shalom.

FEAR of the unknown. We aint going nowhere, when we die, we stop existing simple.

3 Likes

Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Mineisgrace(f): 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
No true believer is arguing with atheist. What we do is tell them the truth and lead them right
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2020
The truth is Jesus never taught his followers to argue in the first place, it's misinformed religionsists who don't grasp what preaching is all about that goes about arguing with atheists. Matthew 10:11-15

We preach to people privately in their homes, and Once a person says he doesn't believe in the God, true Christians tactfully ask simple and thought provoking questions to know what brought about such conclusion.
We don't forget our main target, we're not sent to preach and teach everyone in our neighbourhood. Jesus sent us in search of the lost sheep of the house of Israel! Matthew 10:6, 15:24
This means people who want their conscience trained to distinguish between right and wrong! Hebrew 5:14
So once we're able to discern the inner thoughts of our audience that he/she doesn't want orderliness, we are to end the discussion and move on to the next person! Philippians 2:14
There are misinformed atheists claiming believers and there are misinformed believers claiming atheists!
A believer is someone who wants to know the form of standard that should be applied to all people, he believes he has it so he wants all his neighbours to know it as well so that PEACE will reign within the human society.
An atheist is someone who doesn't want anyone to tell him what is right or wrong, he strongly feel he's OK with what he knows and he doesn't care what others think about his way of doing things, he wants everyone to appreciate him for what he chose to be. But ironically deep within him, he wants to correct others even when he has chosen his own path unhindered! smiley
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2020
Mineisgrace:
No true believer is arguing with atheist. What we do is tell them the truth and lead them right
You are not even supposed to do that either... Tell them 'the truth' that is. They obviously do not want what you have to offer.

What Jesus Christ told His disciples to do in the case that the people did not want what they were offering was that they dust off their sandals and move on, yet over and over, I have seen so-called Christians think it their place to essentially SHOVE their truth at those who don't believe. Why do they do it? I don't understand since it is against what Jesus Christ taught. undecided

1 Like

Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by desiredhome: 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2020
petra1:

You're right . We may win a debate but winning a debate does not constitute winning their soul. But at the same time we need to understand that debate is not totally wrong . It gives opportunities to present facts , sow doubts to wrong ideology. The holy spirit do the rest .

But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

The only thing I found wrong here is when argument get messy and degenerate into abuses .

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Still cannot understand, how we have replaced True SOUl winning with winning MEMBERS........

They believe when they have crowd they are winning souls even when over 60% of that crowd don't know God.......
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2020
desiredhome:

Still can't get it,... how we have replaced true soul willing with willing members........

They believe when they have crowd they are willing souls even when over 60% of that crowd don't know God.......

When interfaith is the order of the day and people keep welcoming all kinds of contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines, anybody can easily fabricate anything in order to win the crowd!

So the question you need to ask is which group is practicing Christianity just as the first century Christian did back then?

As long as that question remains unattended to, there's no way to distinguish between truth and falsehood! smiley
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Emusan(m): 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
desiredhome:

Still cannot understand, how we have replaced True SOUl winning with winning MEMBERS........

They believe when they have crowd they are winning souls even when over 60% of that crowd don't know God.......

Do you know God yourself?
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by BackllGodNaija: 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2020
I think instead believers should ask God to give them the ability to be able to say things the atheists/unbelievers would not be able to gainsay or resist as Jesus did Himself and said believers would be able to do. I have seen it being actualized right before my very eyes on several occasions on this Nairaland even today with one of the posters on this very thread. So with God it's possible for atheists to be confounded and dumbfounded by the truth...that's one way God uses to win the winnable ones among them.
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2020
Jesus Christ has commanded.... a simple command this one is

Matthew 7 vs 6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. Do not give dogs what is holy; do not throw your pearls before swine. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.
Those who feel they know better than Jesus Christ should continue to cast their pearls at the swine, wondering why they continue to be torn to pieces day after day by said swine.
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by desiredhome: 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
Emusan:

Do you know God yourself?

Yes I know God... because I do and keep to His principles/commandments
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Emusan(m): 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2020
desiredhome:

Yes I know God... because I do and keep to His principles/commandments

So when did you become God to have known that 60% of congregations don't do and keep to His principles/commandments?
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2020
Emusan:
So when did you become God to have known that 60% of congregations don't do and keep to His principles/commandments?

The number is closer to 100% actually. And the reason is simple... what you call churches today was built on a foundation of doctrines and traditions of men and so God is not even in it at all.
About 1700 years ago, atop doctrines and traditions, i.e. lies of men, the your world churches/business was established by power hungry and disgruntled Bishops and elders, who used every means necessary to obtain for themselves control over the masses, power and wealth as well. Those who tried to stand against them fell violently, and all these atrocities were carried out in the name of God. Many centuries later, the Protestant offshoots you see around you today grew out of their mother church for the purpose of continuing to build kingdoms for men in the name of God.
Since the very foundation was not of God, then God is not in it. So if God is not in it, whatever is done IN IT, is not of God. undecided
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Dtruthspeaker: 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2020
petra1:

Seconded!
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2020
grin
Emusan:

Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Dtruthspeaker: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2020
desiredhome:

These are not soul winning days but the days of Separation, Lovers of God vs. Haters of God and the the undecided, have a decision to make.
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Mineisgrace(f): 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You are not even supposed to do that either... Tell them 'the truth' that is. They obviously do not want what you have to offer.

What Jesus Christ told His disciples to do in the case that the people did not want what they were offering was that they dust off their sandals and move on, yet over and over, I have seen so-called Christians think it their place to essentially SHOVE their truth at those who don't believe. Why do they do it? I don't understand since it is against what Jesus Christ taught. undecided
most of the so called atheist knows deep down that God exist and Jesus is the way, the truth and the light but they feel hurt due to issues happening in the society.

Christ said we should dust our shoes and move on but he didn't say we stop typing on Nairaland to proclaim his message. cheesy

Sharing the good news is not against what Jesus taught
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2020
Mineisgrace:
most of the so called atheist knows deep down that God exist and Jesus is the way, the truth and the light but they feel hurt due to issues happening in the society.
They have a right to feel as they choose to. By the way, if you already know they know Jesus Christ, what is the point of shoving Him at them again?
Mineisgrace:
Christ said we should dust our shoes and move on but he didn't say we stop typing on Nairaland to proclaim his message. cheesy
Well, sharing Jesus Christ's teachings of good news on Nairaland is one thing, shoving your good news at those who Jesus Christ has already told you to stop shoving 'truth' at is another and that is what seems to happen more than anything else.
I do see a lot of the latter happening, and a lot less of the former though ... and I see a lot going on here. undecided
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by desiredhome: 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
Emusan:

By their fruits you shall know them....the main aim of Christ teaching/Christianity is LOVE... where is the LOVE among you brethren of today?

What we have today is completely opposite the teaching of Christ.......
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by desiredhome: 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

These are not soul winning days but the days of Separation, Lovers of God vs. Haters of God and the the undecided, have a decision to make.

It's your character that will convince/convert the unbeliever to Christ, so when you are worst off than the unbeliever how then can you preach to them?
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
desiredhome:
It's your character that will convince/convert the unbeliever to Christ, so when you are worst off than the unbeliever how then can you preach to them?
Jesus Christ is the light that ought to shine from every one who is a follower of Jesus Christ

John 1 vs 6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Before the world began, the Word[a] was there. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. He was there with God in the beginning.
3. Everything was made through him, and nothing was made without him.
4. In him there was life, and that life was a light for the people of the world.
5. The light[b] shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not defeated[c] it.
And He commanded that we all let that light shine for the world to see.

Matthew 5 vs 13
13. “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its taste, it cannot be made salty again. Salt is useless if it loses its salty taste. It will be thrown out where people will just walk on it.
14. “You are the light that shines for the world to see. You are like a city built on a hill that cannot be hidden.
15. People don’t hide a lamp under a bowl. They put it on a lampstand. Then the light shines for everyone in the house.
16. In the same way, you should be a light for other people. Live so that they will see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven.
Christianity boasts a population of about 1.2 Billion in the world we live in today. In Nigeria alone, about 50% of the country's over 200 million population claims to be of the Christian religion, yet even with all that, Jesus Christ remains missing in that country. It seems whatever it is they have been preaching so far ain't the good stuff at all.
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by 0temSapien: 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
Major001:

Until then...Shalom.
As if you rebuke your fellow Christians when they noisily disturb our ears on the streets and in public buses. They will never keep to their views in public and you will never challenge them.
Re: Believers Shouldn't Argue With Atheists/unbelievers by 0temSapien: 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
Mineisgrace:

How do you know that deep down atheists' mind, they think that Jesus is the way? Have you been in their minds?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Macron Plans To 'reorganise' Islam / TB Joshua Death, Should The Body Be Buried Or Preserved As Saint? / Which Is More Useless? Christian God Or Muslim God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.