Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? (4321 Views)

Samsung Galaxy Note 9: What We Want To See / Pls Is Anyone Using Vivo Y23l? I'm Having Issue With It / Anyone Using Itel 6910 Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 01, 2020
I'm considering buying Xiaomi Redmi 9. Price and specs are okay for me, having checked the full specs and reviews online. But my little concern now is the processor (Media Tek Helio G80). Don't know how good it is, whether it's really fast or freezes during use and all that.
Anyone currently using the phone, please I need opinions. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by Fatbabyfart(m): 1:07pm On Aug 01, 2020
According to THEM,
THEY said it's better than mediatek hello G70
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2020
Fatbabyfart:
According to THEM,
according to THEM abi �? Thanks though
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2020
Johnxyz:
I'm considering buying Xiaomi Redmi 9. Price and specs are okay for me, having checked the full specs and reviews online. But my little concern now is the processor (Media Tek Helio G80). Don't know how good it is, whether it's really fast or freezes during use and all that.
Anyone currently using the phone, please I need opinions. Thanks.
What was your previous or current device... Let's use that as a benchmark.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
Am considering buying too but i just don't want my to freeze like the former am fed up of freezing phone
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by acedsportsng: 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2020
I currently use it. The app management is quite good. You can play pubg on extreme settings and cod on medium settings. Even asphalt 9 plays well

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by vickyhow(m): 5:22pm On Aug 01, 2020
acedsportsng:
I currently use it. The app management is quite good. You can play pubg on extreme settings and cod on medium settings. Even asphalt 9 plays well

Can R9C do this too??
And the price of R9C pls?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 01, 2020
acedsportsng:
All right. Thanks, bro.
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

What was your previous or current device... Let's use that as a benchmark.

ITEL. Till today I regret ever using an ITEL phone. Always freezing. Takes eternity to perform simple tasks. That's why I want to get something fast and smooth.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by edoairways: 11:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
Johnxyz:

ITEL. Till today I regret ever using an ITEL phone. Always freezing. Takes eternity to perform simple tasks. That's why I want to get something fast and smooth.
I must say that I agree with you on this.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by falcon01: 1:09am On Aug 02, 2020
Johnxyz:

if you previous phone was Itel, I can assure you that just close your eyes and pick any phone at Random, in as much as it is not Itel it will be faster durable and 10× better than Itel. Bottom line is you don't need any advice on the phones performance you will feel like you using an Alienware PC compared to That ITEL.

14 Likes

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 2:28am On Aug 02, 2020
Johnxyz:

The sir above couldn't have said it any better.
Sorry for distress you went through, hopefully your next device will help you tell the difference between an advanced calculator and a Smartphone.

11 Likes

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by abbeyriousbaba: 4:09am On Aug 02, 2020
How much did you buy your redmi 9?please reply me
Volkswagen90:
Am considering buying too but i just don't want my to freeze like the former am fed up of freezing phone
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by michlins(m): 6:51am On Aug 02, 2020
acedsportsng:
does asphalt 9 play offline or completely online game?
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by awoo47: 6:56am On Aug 02, 2020
Fatbabyfart:
According to THEM,
hope u knw it's d same cpu nd gpu. only dat g80 gpu is slightly clocked faster..

in oda words almost negligible diff

1 Like

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2020
mtk is mtk..

don't dull

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 02, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

Sorry for distress you went through, hopefully your next device will help you tell the difference between an advanced calculator and a Smartphone.

Definitely. Never gonna make the same mistake twice. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by acedsportsng: 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2020
michlins:
does asphalt 9 play offline or completely online game?

Fully online
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by Olamyyde(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2020
Review from gsmarena

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by skywalker240(m): 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

grin Please NI ME ELONE grin
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by skywalker240(m): 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2020
awoo47:
hope u knw it's d same cpu nd gpu. only dat g80 gpu is slightly clocked faster..

in oda words almost negligible diff
dem born me 11:59 pm december 31st 2019 and dem born you 12:00 AM january 1st 2020, i still use one year take senior you cheesy

Senior na senior tongue

8 Likes

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by ddjay: 11:19pm On Aug 02, 2020
Fatbabyfart:
According to THEM,
grin grin
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by ddjay: 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2020
Johnxyz:
according to THEM abi �? Thanks though
grin
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by skywalker240(m): 6:51am On Aug 03, 2020
Fatbabyfart:
According to THEM, THEY said it's better than mediatek hello G70
Yeah thats the bitter truth,

Mediatek Helio G70 devices like Infinix Note 7 grin

1 Like

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by drjprince: 6:52am On Aug 03, 2020
ddjay:

grin grin
she is bitterly accepting the truth
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:51am On Aug 03, 2020
Currently using the redmi note 9 4/128gig.
From what I understand benchmark wise, there is only a slight difference between the G80 and G85.

So OP ask me anything you want to know concerning the redmi note 9, then we can collate the data and probably have a 10% reduced performance claims, to have a virtual performance rating for the redmi 9.

Oh, the camera on the note 9 shouldn't be discussed. The picture quality on this is madly good. Outdoor though, indoor is were the device performs averagely.
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by hadizaniffy(m): 10:38am On Aug 03, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:
Currently using the redmi note 9 4/128gig.
From what I understand benchmark wise, there is only a slight difference between the G80 and G85.

So OP ask me anything you want to know concerning the redmi note 9, then we can collate the data and probably have a 10% reduced performance claims, to have a virtual performance rating for the redmi 9.

Oh, the camera on the note 9 shouldn't be discussed. The picture quality on this is madly good. Outdoor though, indoor is were the device performs averagely.

why about battery?
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2020
hadizaniffy:
why about battery?
The battery is awesome.
Heavy usage, roughly 10hours[gaming, used as a WiFi hotspot, 4G connectivity at all times].

Normal usage, approximately 18 hours[4G at all times, twitter, plus messenger, nairaland browsing via sufa and monument Browser and also dashing in and out of other apps].

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by zainkay: 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

The battery is awesome.
Heavy usage, roughly 10hours[gaming, used as a WiFi hotspot, 4G connectivity at all times].

Normal usage, approximately 18 hours[4G at all times, twitter, plus messenger, nairaland browsing via sufa and monument Browser and also dashing in and out of other apps].

have you used the RN8 before? do you think it's an upgrade to RN8?
Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 5:01pm On Aug 03, 2020
zainkay:
have you used the RN8 before? do you think it's an upgrade to RN8?
I have not used the redmi note 8 before.
Considering the price right now of the redmi note 9. Moving from a redmi note 8 to note 9 will be a waste of funds.

If the note 9 was priced around 58-65k, it will be an awesome upgrade.
From battery, screen size, charge input and charging brick to display technology. The redmi note 9 is a joy to have compared to the redmi note 8 [specs wise].

1 Like

Re: Anyone Using REDMI 9.what's The Processor Like? by ChiefZaddy: 1:06am On Aug 04, 2020
Can you drop camera samples
ZesusHVWritter:

The battery is awesome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Independence Promo. Get Ur Free Airtime / Next Year's IPhone Might Steal A Feature From This Year's Most Suprising Android / These Phones Are More Expensive Than Your Father's House. No Cap!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.