Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:08 PM

Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) (5123 Views)

History Of Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ogba People In Rivers State By Prof. Eric Amadi / Facts About Benin Origin Of Ikwerre Tribe / Are There Two Types Of Ikwerre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) by Sanitizedem: 3:31am On Aug 04, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) by Sanitizedem: 3:41am On Aug 04, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) by Igboid: 9:18am On Aug 04, 2020
Sanitizedem:

You are not aware that the first trip made by the current Obi of Onitsha after his installation was to the Oba of Benin palace, his ancestral home where he was received as 'our son'. He still came back as Nnaemeka Achebe

This how your people formulate fictions as truth.

No Obi of Onitsha visits Oba Bini palace upon coronation.

Onitsha people are proud Igbos. Don't compare them with your inferiority complex plagued selves.
Look for your cotravellers in Ogba-bini that have renamed their Eze Ogba to Oba of Ogba.

7 Likes

Re: Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
Igboid:

I noticed that you the proud Igbos in SS, the Asas and Ndoki are more embittered by senseless Igbos in SE embracing Ikwerres.
This is because you guys are Ikwerre neighbors and share same state with them, and have been made to bear the full brunt of Ikwerre Igbo hate because you had so far held unto your Igbo identity.

It's painful to you lots, when Igbos in SE rather than taking your side and help you put Ikwerres down, are rather seen embracing Ikwerres, because many of these Igbos live far away from Ikwerre and are not exposed to the consequences their actions have on Asa/Ndoki people.

The effect is that to escape from Ikwerre toxic Igbophobia, many Ndoki and Asa people in Rivers state are beginning to deny their Igbo identity.

The Ikwerre has created an environment in Rivers state that makes it hard for anyone to be Igbo. This was also why Etche is no longer Igbo.

If Ndiigbo don't tackle Ikwerre Igbophobia head on, by fully coming out to denounce Ikwerres and expel their parasitic persons in our organizations. And then making concrete moves to protect real Igbos (Ndoki, Asa and Egbema), we would soon lose those last three standing groups to identity crisis.

Very salient points you made.

In fact, I started reconsidering my stance on the Ikwerre, when I started reading from people like Amarabae and Nwanyiogwashi months back, as these Igbos live in the frontline, and know the damage these Igbo-denying groups cause them.

If one has a generally good tomato with a little rotten spot, to preserve the immediate areas from catching the rot, it makes sense to scoop out the rotten bit, otherwise the neighbouring tissues will be affected by the rot, and so on, until the whole tomato rots.

Ikwerres are the rotten spot, the Ndokis(the real owners of Bonny), the Asas e.t.c are the neighbouring tissues, the SE Igbos are the rest of the tomato.
I advice Igbos to count their teeth with their tongue and do the needful.

By the way, this is OfoIgbo . My moniker remains banned from posting into the culture section, because of my Bonny moves

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
SexSkillz:
I just don't understand these zeta Jews anymore.

You stated that the Ikweres are descendants of freed slaves who were captured by Igbo slave raiders from across Igbo land awaiting to be shipped but set freed by the British.

You then stated this is why the Ikweres reject the Igbo nationality and then go on to insult them for rightfully rejecting you.

I have read so many times here how you Igbos boast about not being submissive and slavish to any race, power or man.

The Ikwere rejection of Igbo is this in line with that same Igbo spirit .

The history narrated by OP is correct as I have heard and read about how the Ikwere people came to settle in Rivers.

The entire Bini narrative is false.

The Ikweres to my understanding have divorced themselves from the Igbos and have forged a better history for themselves rather than accept the bitter pill that their own kit and kin betrayed and sold them into slavery.

In as much as this is the truth, you Igbo judades should let them be and concentrate on your 5 boundary states and your Jewish allies.

Unfortunately for you, Igbos still overflow into the SS in their millions. Igboland straddles the SS and the SE, so your day has been ruined by this information
Re: Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
gnykelly:

in a nut shell. Ibos are slave traders

The Aro people were slave traders, just like Bini people were also slave traders.

The Efiks and the Ibibios and the Ijaws were all slave traders.

The Nris were NOT slave traders as it went against the Nri code on human rights

5 Likes

Re: Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) by Igboid: 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
OfoIgbo2:

Very salient points you made.

In fact, I started reconsidering my stance on the Ikwerre, when I started reading from people like Amarabae and Nwanyiogwashi months back, as these Igbos live in the frontline, and know the damage these Igbo-denying groups cause them.

If one has a generally good tomato with a little rotten spot, to preserve the immediate areas from catching the rot, it makes sense to scoop out the rotten bit, otherwise the neighbouring tissues will be affected by the rot, and so on, until the whole tomato rots.

Ikwerres are the rotten spot, the Ndokis(the real owners of Bonny), the Asas e.t.c are the neighbouring tissues, the SE Igbos are the rest of the tomato.
I advice Igbos to count their teeth with their tongue and do the needful.

By the way, this is OfoIgbo . My moniker remains banned from posting into the culture section, because of my Bonny moves

Finally, I am glad you now understand the message we have been trying to drive home.

Ikwerres are a rotten spot on Igbo tomato that must be excised if we hope to keep the surrounding area of the rot save.
What a perfect description.

I once compared the Ikwerre situation to that of a man with a necrotic(dead) leg as a result of Diabetes complication.
Consider the man Igbo and the dead leg Ikwerres.
If the man because he doesn't want outsiders to laugh him or see a part of him cut off, decides to keep the dead leg on, the dead leg will eventually lead to death of healthy tissues next to it, and will not stop there. It will eventually send toxins all over the man system that will lead to sepsis, and multi organ failure and eventually the man's death.

But if the man cuts off the dead leg early enough, he will save the tissue immediately next to the dead leg, he can buy artificial legs and he can learn to walk again on the artificial leg.
Most importantly, he will live long enough to give birth to children that will have two full legs and will be a more happy and fulfilled man.

The Igbos saying we should embrace Ikwerre and tolerate their toxic nature that is eventually going to kill us after infecting Igbo groups next to them with the same toxins, are foolish and are not different from the stupid man that kept a dead leg because he didn't want the enemies to see that he lost a part of himself that is threatening to kill him.

Those of us campaigning for Ikwerre excision are the astute ones who would cut off a dead leg, find a way to move on without it, stay alive and live happily ever after.

Ndewo.

5 Likes

Re: Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) by IDENNAA(m): 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
Sanitizedem:

You are not aware that the first trip made by the current Obi of Onitsha after his installation was to the Oba of Benin palace, his ancestral home where he was received as 'our son'. He still came back as Nnaemeka Achebe

Well , show us the proof. Not that I regard anything that comes out of an Onicha man but isnt it the same Obi Achebe that claimed they are originally Igbo in his most recent interview ? I have the interview.
Re: Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) by Blackking98(m): 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2020
JudasNaCarrot:
That your post is full of misinformation and concerted lies to deceive and portray an ethnic minority group just because yours wants to swallow them up which they resist.
The Igbos are known for their ethnic superiority anywhere they found themselves. They try to dominate and subjugate the aboriginal communities and take charge. They are always in conflict with their host communities because they see themselves superior.
Go to every land from Lagos to Sokoto, Adamawa to Kwara it is same story. They can never be loyal and submissive to constituted authority except they are they ones in charge.
No wonder Nzeogwu and his Igbo brothers systematically murdered all the top militatry and political office holders from the North in cold blood but refused to kill even an ant from their own ethnic group.
Ojukwu followed suit by not being loyal to the newly constituted government of Gowon after the counter coup citing seniority. But this is a coup, not an appointment. Anyone, even a sergeant can become the head of state if he since stage a coup. But because the Igbos doesnt like to obey the laws of the land, be submissive they rebelled against the federal government.
What was the result.....They can never rule this country again because they are not trusted.

Give Igbos a chance by selling a plot of land to him in your community, he would want to buy the whole community and establish his own kingdom with "IGWE"

I will advise the Igbos to leave that small ethnic minority group alone and focus on how to group themselves together and fight a common interest for their own benefit.
Imagine every big nationality have ruled this country since 1999, even a the 5rd ethnic majority,Ijaw have ruled. Tinubu, a Yoruba man is warming up to again from the west, yet the Igbos can't do nothing other than looking for another ethnic group to dominate and swallow because of oil and access to the Sea.

Shame on the you who wrote this useless and misleading article.
I'm not Igbo o but since 1966 an Igbo man is yet to rule this country so i don't know what domination you're talking about. If you call that domination then I wonder what you'll call what the hausa/Fulani have been doing.
Atleast they'll pay for your land and play by your rules, if you want them to go or you don't like what they're doing u can discuss with them set things straight. Can you tell a fulani herder to stop feeding on ur farm and get away with it?
Igbos are no saints oh but this your submission get as e be. I'm not Igbo btw I'm from Akwa Ibom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) by JudasNaCarrot: 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2020
Blackking98:

I'm not Igbo o but since 1966 an Igbo man is yet to rule this country so i don't know what domination you're talking about. If you call that domination then I wonder what you'll call what the hausa/Fulani have been doing.
Atleast they'll pay for your land and play by your rules, if you want them to go or you don't like what they're doing u can discuss with them set things straight. Can you tell a fulani herder to stop feeding on ur farm and get away with it?
Igbos are no saints oh but this your submission get as e be. I'm not Igbo btw I'm from Akwa Ibom
Taaa!

Look at Nsuka Man claiming Ibibio.
Igbos are shouting no to forcefull marriage stupid Lord Lugard gave us, yet they want to forcefully marry Ikwerre nation, isn't that hypocrisy?

Leave the people alone, they said they belong to Bini and not Igbo...is that a difficult thing for you people to do?

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) by Blackking98(m): 2:04pm On Aug 07, 2020
JudasNaCarrot:
Taaa!

Look at Nsuka Man claiming Ibibio.
Igbos are shouting no to forcefull marriage stupid Lord Lugard gave us, yet they want to forcefully marry Ikwerre nation, isn't that hypocrisy?

Leave the people alone, they said they belong to Bini and not Igbo...is that a difficult thing for you people to do?

grin direct your hate to the correct people abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) by Donarozzi: 3:01am On Aug 13, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Nobody says o malu mma in any Ikwerre dialect. It is o maru mma. Nobody says yi either.

Dialectally, "o malu mma" and "o maru mma" are similar, and both are spoken in Anambra.
Re: Origin Of Ikwerre Denial Of Igbo Root! (A Political View) by shantti(m): 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2020
what is so special about this so called south south. They dont want to associate with igbos yet all their ladies are in Enugu doing prostitution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Black Kings And Queens Of Europe Before Trans Atlantic Slave Trade ( Images) / French Palace: Only French Is Allowed On This Thread / ..............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.