Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Airtel Bb 3g Service In Lagos! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Bb 3g Service In Lagos! (1701 Views)

Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel BB Subscription Slashed / Airtel Bb Absolute Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Bb 3g Service In Lagos! by cecegorz(m): 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2011
Airtel just flatly deflated my excitement.

I got a new BB 9700 with 3G capacity to replace my 8520 which has a max capacity for 2G/EDGE.

After switching all data and settings to the new device, i was eager to start feeling the 3G download speed but alas! i never consulted my Airtel carriers.
Interestingly i am on the island and i wonder if i can't get 3G signal there? is it in Akoko edo that i will get. cheesy cheesy

I only get EDGE signal when i set the network to 2G or 2G&3G. Once i set it to 3G, the service disappears and shows SOS!  cry shocked
I have moved around different locations between island and mainland, yet no difference!

Please anybody on Airtel with a 3G BB, what's the experience? Are other networks 3G signals effective?, maybe i can switch carrier.
Re: Airtel Bb 3g Service In Lagos! by twinskenny(m): 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
Bros relax Airtel dont have 3g yet,
Re: Airtel Bb 3g Service In Lagos! by cecegorz(m): 3:58pm On Feb 11, 2011
^^^
Are you for real? with all the 3.5 to 4G noise all over the place?
Re: Airtel Bb 3g Service In Lagos! by busynett: 4:10pm On Feb 11, 2011
What I know is that zain now Airtel has 3G on special sim. You need to contact their customer service. My sim comes with 3G once you are under coverage. For GLO, you need to call for activation.
Re: Airtel Bb 3g Service In Lagos! by cecegorz(m): 4:15pm On Feb 11, 2011
I send them a mail, they replied that 3G has nothing to do with SIM, that the phone picks the service wherever there's coverage.

Who do i believe now?
Re: Airtel Bb 3g Service In Lagos! by mjay(m): 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2011
there is a setting that has to be pushed to ur fone if its an old sim, for it to be 3g enabled. For new sims they are already 3g enabled. Tell their cc to provision ur sim.
Re: Airtel Bb 3g Service In Lagos! by cecegorz(m): 5:41pm On Feb 11, 2011
@Twinskenny, from the insider info i got, you are right.

Airtel is still pushing 2G/EDGE but they promised they'll soon move up.

But na promise i go shhop? i need 3G baaaad!
Re: Airtel Bb 3g Service In Lagos! by coolguyz(m): 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2011
Airtel do have 3G. Thats what i have on my BB9700 right now. the issue i have is that it fluctuates to EDGE intermittently and i only get the 3G network more at work here on the island in Marina.
Re: Airtel Bb 3g Service In Lagos! by ewds(m): 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2011
switch to mtn. their 3g is d most certain. it can have loads of downtime sha, but they are the best bet with respect to 3g.

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Launches Its First 4g Service In Africa / Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 Lite G313H ( ₦ 18,200 ) And Samsung Galaxy Star (₦ 15,000 ) / Need Help With My Techno S9 Back Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.