Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Is Hellfire Real? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hellfire Real? (1821 Views)

Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? / Is Hellfire Real? What I Discovered!!! / Is Hellfire Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hellfire Real? by Captainman(m): 8:42am On Aug 04, 2020
Pls answer with reference from the Bible
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Righteousness89(m): 9:03am On Aug 04, 2020
Very Real Sir!! There are People in it as we discuss!

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 20:13-15
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Luke 16:20-23
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Matthew 13:42-42
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 3:12
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Mark 9:43-48
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Captainman(m): 9:32am On Aug 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
Very Real Sir!! There are People in it as we discuss!

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Matthew 13:42-42
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 3:12
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Mark 9:43-48
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH.

look at where I capitalized. Now what this place is saying is that all those who are found guilty of doing all those things mentioned above Will be destroyed. The lake that Burns with fire and brimstone MEANS THE SECOND DEATH. So it's literal not a figurative thing. It's symbolises total destruction. To fully understand the true condition of the deaf pls read (Ecclesiastes 9:5,6). So they will be destroyed completely

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into THE LAKE OF FIRE.

I believe you understand what the lake of fire means based on my last explanation that it means TOTAL AND FINAL DESTRUCTION
Now let's look at this portion ESPECIALLY VERSE 14. it talks about DEATH AND HELL the lake. For sure we know this is literal cos we know death isn't a physical thing we can hold. So it's simply means that There will be no more death. It's will be done away with FOREVER. Same applies to REVELATION 19:20, MARK 9:43-48,

Yes this particular scripture has been the basis that some use to justify the claims of hellfire.
But if you study Jesus life when he was on earth you can see that anytime he found himself teaching he always used PARABLES. This account of Lazarus isn't a literal event. Jesus used that story to drive home his point which was for us to see the need to be kind to everyone we come across. That's just the simple explanation of that scripture. It's not literal but Jesus used it to as an illustration to teach his disciples and important lesson
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 04, 2020
Captainman:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH.

look at where I capitalized. Now what this place is saying is that all those who are found guilty of doing all those things mentioned above Will be destroyed. The lake that Burns with fire and brimstone MEANS THE SECOND DEATH. So it's literal not a figurative thing. It's symbolises total destruction. To fully understand the true condition of the deaf pls read (Ecclesiastes 9:5,6). So they will be destroyed completely

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into THE LAKE OF FIRE.

I believe you understand what the lake of fire means based on my last explanation that it means TOTAL AND FINAL DESTRUCTION
Now let's look at this portion ESPECIALLY VERSE 14. it talks about DEATH AND HELL the lake. For sure we know this is literal cos we know death isn't a physical thing we can hold. So it's simply means that There will be no more death. It's will be done away with FOREVER. Same applies to REVELATION 19:20, MARK 9:43-48,

Yes this particular scripture has been the basis that some use to justify the claims of hellfire.
But if you study Jesus life when he was on earth you can see that anytime he found himself teaching he always used PARABLES. This account of Lazarus isn't a literal event. Jesus used that story to drive home his point which was for us to see the need to be kind to everyone we come across. That's just the simple explanation of that scripture. It's not literal but Jesus used it to as an illustration to teach his disciples and important lesson

Jesus does not use what is not true to make parable.
Jesus use things that really happens to make parable.
If Jesus used hell to make parable that means hell is truly real and a place of torment.
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Captainman(m): 9:46am On Aug 04, 2020
solite3:

If Jesus used hell to make parable that means hell is truly real and a place of torment.

That's not true. The story of the master and the slaves was it real?. The story of the 10 virgins was it real? ABSOLUTELY NO. JESUS USED THEM TO CONVEY THE MESSAGE HE HAD FOR HIS DISCIPLES
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 04, 2020
Captainman:
Pls answer with reference from the Bible

There is nothing called Hellfire!

Hell simply means Grave, God never had any plans to extend punishment for wrongdoing. {Romans 6:7} It's either man live forever or die forever, immorality is a gift for the righteous not for the wicked! Genesis 3:19
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Captainman(m): 9:52am On Aug 04, 2020
Maximus69:

There is nothing called Hellfire!

Hell simply means Grave, God never had any plans to extend punishment for wrongdoing. {Romans 6:7} It's either man live forever or die forever, immorality is a gift for the righteous not for the wicked! Genesis 3:19

Interesting. I like that ��
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by illicit(m): 10:19am On Aug 04, 2020
Why shd u care
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Captainman(m): 10:23am On Aug 04, 2020
illicit:
Why shd u care
We all should care because it has been one Major issue among people today. But sadly most persons are being fed with the false belief that Hellfire is real. So you also think so?
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by illicit(m): 10:25am On Aug 04, 2020
Captainman:

We all should care because it has been one Major issue among people today. But sadly most persons are being fed with the false belief that Hellfire is real. So you also think so?

I don't bother myself with the thoughts of hell for real

Whether it is real or not, wherever I go, I won't be the only one there

My father's are somewhere and everybody's father's too

I bother myself with my daily bread.

3 Likes

Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 04, 2020
Captainman:

Since religionsists have made life so difficult and unbearable for billions, many have taken to the theory of evolution and they feel ok with it.

Yet evolutionists are baffled whenever they see people who are interested in knowing about God! smiley
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by DappaD: 10:31am On Aug 04, 2020
solite3:

Usually, the parable of the rich man and Lazarus is the go-to scripture for hellfire apologists. The Pharisees that Jesus was addressing, didn't they know that Abraham was long dead?(Ecclesiastes 9:5,6)
So how come Jesus is saying Abraham is alive somewhere if it's not a parable used to deliver a message?

I've asked many hellfire apologists this particular question:

Is solite3 alleging that the parable of the rich man and Lazarus is meant to be understood LITERALLY and the other parables Jesus told be understood FIGURATIVELY?
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Righteousness89(m): 10:43am On Aug 04, 2020
Captainman:

Sorry! I say unto thee Sorry Again!

Keeping Figurating , Decieving and Consoling yourself!

When you Cross over, You will Understand what you have Done to yourself...

Peace!
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 04, 2020
DappaD:

Usually, the parable of the rich man and Lazarus is the go-to scripture for hellfire apologists. The Pharisees that Jesus was addressing, didn't they know that Abraham was long dead?(Ecclesiastes 9:5,6)
So how come Jesus is saying Abraham is alive somewhere if it's not a parable used to deliver a message?

I've asked many hellfire apologists this particular question:

Is solite3 alleging that the parable of the rich man and Lazarus is meant to be understood LITERALLY and the other parables Jesus told be understood FIGURATIVELY?

I just ask them simple and straightforward questions!

Is it a crime to be rich?
Is wretchedness a criteria for holiness?
What good did Lazarus do to warrant favour?
What evil did the rich man do?
Was Lazarus sitting at the rich man's gate or close to his table? cheesy
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Captainman(m): 10:48am On Aug 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

Peace!
What I said it's just the simple truth. Ok if you can answer this question with prove from the Bible then maybe I can believe you

Assuming Hellfire is a place for tormenting wicked persons forever. Using Genesis 3:19 as a case study can you kindly tell me where Adam and Eve our first parents and the originators of sin are right now?
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

Peace!

Peace unto you Sir! smiley

There is nothing like crossing over in the Bible, you either live to experience what is peculiar to the living or you're dead and buried among those who aren't existing. There is no cross over! cheesy
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 04, 2020
Captainman:

What I said it's just the simple truth. Ok if you can answer this question with prove from the Bible then maybe I can believe you

Assuming Hellfire is a place for tormenting wicked persons forever. Using Genesis 3:19 as a case study can you kindly tell me where Adam and Eve our first parents and the originators of sin are right now?

He's a lazy Churchgoer nah! cheesy

It's whatever his Pastors tell him that he carries in his head, once he step his foot in their dungeon called church his brains become a decoration no more in use! cheesy
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Righteousness89(m): 10:53am On Aug 04, 2020
Maximus69:

Peace unto you Sir! smiley

There is nothing like crossing over in the Bible, you either live to experience what is peculiar to the living or you're dead and buried among those who aren't existing. There is no cross over! cheesy

He That being often reproved, and Continues to Harden his neck , will Suddenly be Destroyed and that without Remedy!

You are Free to say or Believe what you will Sir!

You won't say you didn't hear or you didn't Know ..

Keep on doing whatever you Will.. When you Cross over, you will wish to turn back the clock..

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Captainman(m): 10:56am On Aug 04, 2020
Maximus69:

He's a lazy Churchgoer nah! cheesy

It's whatever his Pastors tell him that he carries in his head, once he step his foot in their dungeon called church his brains become a decoration no more in use! cheesy

Allow him answer pls�
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Captainman(m): 10:58am On Aug 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

He That being often reproved, and Continues to Harden his neck , will Suddenly be Destroyed and that without Remedy!

Keep on doing whatever you Will.. When you Cross over, you will wish to turn back the clock..
Didn't your Bible Tell you that at death the person is unconscious of anything happening around him? He is lifeless and in his grave (Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

You still can't find the word CROSSOVER in the Bible shey?

I pity your condition! cheesy
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Captainman(m): 11:06am On Aug 04, 2020
Captainman:

Righteousness89
Am still waiting for an answer
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 04, 2020
After knocking him off with scriptural quotation shey!
I just wish like seeing how long you're going to wait! cheesy
Captainman:

Righteousness89
Am still waiting for an answer
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Captainman(m): 11:12am On Aug 04, 2020
Maximus69:
After knocking him off with scriptural quotation shey!
I just wish like seeing how long you're going to wait! cheesy

Hahahaha.
This is just the summary of how billions of Church goers are today. They don't know anything
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Righteousness89(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2020
May My Father Forgive you and Open your Eyes Before it's late!

There is No Abeg on the other side!

Sinners will Cry " Had I Known"

Am thru with you both!

1 Like

Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2020
Captainman:

Hahahaha.
This is just the summary of how billions of Church goers are today. They don't know anything
They know what their Pastors infuse in their heads, at least that's something.
It's what God's word teaches that they don't know!
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by DappaD: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

So if we understand you correctly, you're worshiping your trinity god because YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO TO A MYTHICAL HELLFIRE? undecided
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Captainman(m): 11:19am On Aug 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
May My Father Forgive you and Open your Eyes Before it's late!

There is No Abeg on the other side!

Sinners will Cry " Had I Known"

Am thru with you both!
Oga why are you shying away from my question. Answer it joor. Don't run away. Just tell me you don't know the answer
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Daejoyoung: 11:22am On Aug 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

Peace!
Have you crossed over yourself? so how do you know all these?
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by DappaD: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

Emphasis on the bolded.
Yes, wicked and rebellious ones are to be completely destroyed forever. (Job 24:24, Psalm 37:10, 104:35, Proverbs 2:22, 10:7, Matthew 25:46)
If they're to be destroyed as you said, where does the hellfire doctrine come into play — being tormented forever? Where?
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 04, 2020
DappaD:

Emphasis on the bolded.
Yes, wicked and rebellious ones are to be completely destroyed forever. (Job 24:24, Psalm 37:10, 104:35, Proverbs 2:22, 10:7, Matthew 25:46)
If they're to be destroyed as you said, where does the hellfire doctrine come into play — being tormented forever? Where?

Chei DappaD wants to reset his brain back to factory setting!
Re: Is Hellfire Real? by Captainman(m): 11:32am On Aug 04, 2020
Maximus69:

Chei DappaD wants to reset his brain back to factory setting!
Finish him!!!! Hahahaha
Funny enough he can't answer any of these questions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Difference Between The Law Of Moses And The Law Of Christ / Is The Apostle Paul To Be Trusted / Here Are Some Men And Women Who Mocked God:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 273
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.