Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,474 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:24 AM

What's The Difference Between PRAISE And WORSHIP (opinion) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Difference Between PRAISE And WORSHIP (opinion) (274 Views)

Nigerians In UK Engage In Praise And Worship On The Street Of Cannock (video) / What Is The Difference Between Praise And Worship Songs? / Download Nigeria Gospel Praise And Worship Instrumental (by Naijachristians) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference Between PRAISE And WORSHIP (opinion) by christonkeyz(m): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2020
please brethren, I've been wondering the difference between this two. What do you understand by PRAISE and WORSHIP? you can comment with bible backup.
Re: What's The Difference Between PRAISE And WORSHIP (opinion) by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 04, 2020
No need of Bible.

Praise - na to hail person, it could be in words, songs, poem, anyhow u sabi ( in ur own Q, na to hail God)

Worship - na to dey honour diety or gods, obey rules n commandment, do good, preach to others who dont know, practice what u preach, respecting a diety or god too follow join worship.
Re: What's The Difference Between PRAISE And WORSHIP (opinion) by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
christonkeyz:
please brethren, I've been wondering the difference between this two.
What do you understand by PRAISE and WORSHIP? you can comment with bible backup.
As practiced in world-churches today, they are all meaninglessness as far as God is concerned.

In the Bible, we learn that when it comes to Praise, God does not need us to praise Him for He inhabits the praise of His people... meaning He praises Himself from the mouths and lives of those who belong to Him. He does not need us to initiate it in order for it to happen.
wor·ship
/ˈwərSHəp/
(noun)the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.
"the worship of God"

(verb) show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites

Now, as far as worship is concerned, the word worship as used in the Bible really means to love, to serve, to Obey, according to His commandments are concerned. But your churches (world) have instead chosen to define praise and worship their own way, creating for themselves a tradition of 'praise/adoration' which usually involves activities such as the clapping of hands and singing songs (from the heart, they claim) without in fact accomplishing any of the actual commandments that God has set before them.
That said, the kind of worship God wants is clear in His words..

John 14 vs 23-24 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23. Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24. But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me.
Re: What's The Difference Between PRAISE And WORSHIP (opinion) by delkuf(m): 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
As practiced in world-churches today, they are all meaninglessness as far as God is concerned.

In the Bible, we learn that when it comes to Praise, God does not need us to praise Him for He inhabits the praise of His people... meaning He praises Himself from the mouths and lives of those who belong to Him. He does not need us to initiate it in order for it to happen.

Now, as far as worship is concerned, the word worship as used in the Bible really means to love, to serve, to Obey, according to His commandments are concerned. But your churches (world) have instead chosen to define praise and worship their own way, creating for themselves a tradition of 'praise/adoration' which usually involves activities such as the clapping of hands and singing songs (from the heart, they claim) without in fact accomplishing any of the actual commandments that God has set before them.
That said, the kind of worship God wants is clear in His words..
God does not need us to praise Him for He inhabits the praise of His people...look at what you said @kobojunkie. God doesn't need us to praise him for he inhabits the praise of his people. Whereas the Bible says God inhabit the praises of his people. You see how misleading you are.
Re: What's The Difference Between PRAISE And WORSHIP (opinion) by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
delkuf:
God does not need us to praise Him for He inhabits the praise of His people...look at what you said @kobojunkie. God doesn't need us to praise him for he inhabits the praise of his people. Whereas the Bible says God inhabit the praises of his people. You see how misleading you are.
Read the comment you responded to as it explains to you what it means. God inhabits the praises of His people... does not mean God wants His people to praise Him. I know that is the interpretation your MOGs give you but that is not the truth. undecided

If you read the bible, it will become clear to you that God praises His own self more than anyone else in that book ever could or ever did. He praises Himself through His people, even through their sufferings and His triumphs. Read the words of the prophets to see this. undecided
Re: What's The Difference Between PRAISE And WORSHIP (opinion) by delkuf(m): 9:44pm On Aug 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Read the comment you responded to as it explains to you what it means. God inhabits the praises of His people... does not mean God wants His people to praise Him. I know that is the interpretation your MOGs give you but that is not the truth. undecided

If you read the bible, it will become clear to you that God praises His own self more than anyone else in that book ever could or ever did. He praises Himself through His people, even through their sufferings and His triumphs. Read the words of the prophets to see this. undecided
God inhabit the praises of his people, does not mean God wants his people to praise him. What type of school did you attend. Just read what you wrote
Re: What's The Difference Between PRAISE And WORSHIP (opinion) by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2020
delkuf:
God inhabit the praises of his people, does not mean God wants his people to praise him. What type of school did you attend. Just read what you wrote
I wrote it, remember? undecided
Re: What's The Difference Between PRAISE And WORSHIP (opinion) by Rennie303: 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2020
We can praise God by singing to Him, dancing and proclaiming His goodness...
Worship however has to do with a special type of reverence in which we can do in "tongues"...
That is... In the Spirit
God is looking for true worshipers who will worship Him in Spirit and in truth..
You could sing in tongues... Worship with tongues and commune with the Holy Spirit....
Hallelujah

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Be Weary In Doing Good And Being A Good Example.You Never Know The Impact / What Is Easy Believism? / Was God Sent To The Whole World Or Lost Sheep Of Isreal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.