Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Free 10s Seconds Character Animation - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Free 10s Seconds Character Animation (3739 Views)

How To Paint An Awesome Cartoon Character Using Photoshop / This Will Get You Confused For Some Seconds / Draw Your Ultimate Fighting Game Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by vertexroya(m): 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2011
[size=14pt]I am offering to give you music video/commercials production quality 10 seconds character animation for free.

Just post your picture front view and side view or draw a character's front view and side view.

If you choose to draw a character, the character must conform to the position for 3d modeling(i.e the arms should be stretched apart, and the legs should look like that too).

specify your costume( ie clothing type, eg: Hip hop dressing, traditional etc)

specify what you want the character to do in maybe 3 scenes of 3seconds each, 2 scenes of 5seconds each or single scene of 10seconds.

The video I'll send to you via this forum will have minimum props(AVI format) , or even png format without background.

This offer is available to five persons, so choose your scenes wisely. [/size]
Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by vertexroya(m): 12:39am On Feb 12, 2011
[size=13pt]Well, I don't have all the time to wait for someone to make up his mind, so I'll make the deadline 4 days from now.

so on Tuesday, February 15 2011, anyone who sees my commercial and wishes to have a clip in his Video, would have to pay.

This offer is in the spirit of giving this valentine and to compliment ugo for his free Logo design offer.
[/size]
Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by ugo2u(m): 7:40am On Feb 12, 2011
I have posted the character for you, here is the animation I want
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g0zB6ONXd0 its only 6 seconds

Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by ugo2u(m): 7:42am On Feb 12, 2011
side view

Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by ugo2u(m): 8:01am On Feb 12, 2011
[flash=640,480]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BZRb1KRm2g?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"[/flash]

thats the animation i want you to recreate. the guy on the left for first 8 seconds
Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by vertexroya(m): 12:50pm On Feb 12, 2011
[size=14pt]@ Ugo,
good I'll work on it.[/size]
Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by vertexroya(m): 8:55am On Feb 13, 2011
[size=13pt]@ Ugo, I kind of like your character, it's posing some rigging issues, and I like that, it means pushing the envelopes.
I imagined also having your character take the animated poses cos the legs are a little bit short, lol, it will be interesting but your character is a bit too fat to make such moves.

However, I'll treat your design as a client's work, let me see what to make out of it.

Nice work on your placement for the front and side views, it aided me a lot in the modeling process.

I don't know why you choose those animated moves, maybe, you're a street fighter fan lol,

I'm on your job any way, but know that you're pushing the envelopes hereĀ  grin[/size]
Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by vertexroya(m): 9:22am On Feb 13, 2011
[size=14pt]Take a look at your model and make necessary modifications on your drawing.
[/size]

Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by vertexroya(m): 11:52am On Feb 13, 2011
With modification

Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by ugo2u(m): 12:16pm On Feb 13, 2011
You can do with those, just that the moves will be a little less pronunced at the feet. Come on. I'm waiting
Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by ugo2u(m): 9:12pm On Feb 13, 2011
anyway here is another you can use

Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by vertexroya(m): 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2011
[size=14pt]Hmm, that's my guy, Doom3 grin

This is really fun. smiley[/size]
Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by vertexroya(m): 11:44am On Feb 15, 2011
Hi Ugo, I'm still modeling your guy, I was just a little busy.

Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by ugo2u(m): 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2011
looking good with the modelling, I am waiting to see what you come up with
Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by Wannatry: 12:15am On Feb 19, 2011
[size=14pt]@ Ugo Your people on nairaland bullied an innocent vertexroya

Well, I tried to get back in but all doors were shot,
but i am a man of my words, I'll give you something to cheer about.

Here's a little modification on the model, after rigging and texturing, I discovered an unwelded joint, welded it, and my UVW map got messed up.

I'll still give you something nice though.
[/size]

Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by OKX(m): 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2011
@ vertexroya/wannatry

this is a public forum and you've bragged about performing a service- u have to make good on ur claim.
people are watching, remember you also advertised training services (for a fee)- so u have to impress prospective students, or at least show proficiency in the field.

u haven't done any so far.

i would have suggested u spend more time learning, before undertaking training, or wasting any 'students' hard earned money (or putting urself under the public spotlight)- but in the event that i am wrong, we are still waiting for output.
Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by vertexroya(m): 1:04am On Mar 05, 2011
OKX:

@ vertexroya/wannatry

this is a public forum and you've bragged about performing a service- u have to make good on your claim.
people are watching, remember you also advertised training services (for a fee)- so u have to impress prospective students, or at least show proficiency in the field.

u haven't done any so far.

i would have suggested u spend more time learning, before undertaking training, or wasting any 'students' hard earned money (or putting urself under the public spotlight)- but in the event that i am wrong, we are still waiting for output.

Hi OKX, this delay is only personal, besides, I don't care if people are willing to learn or not any more, I'm making a living on my works and that is what matters.
I was bullied in nairaland, and I took some time off. I don't brag, I just accept challenges, 3D animation is what I eat,sleep and drink. It takes quite some time to have a good animation job out, that was why I was looking for a team, unfortunately, Nigerians don't believe in humble beginnings, so they want a studio like that in Holly wood to respect your art. I was trying to close down on the production time by accepting to do 10 seconds animation for free. although I have jobs to do, I still stretch myself to improve on my capability. People have their flaws, I usually don't keep old works or like showing them, cause I find out that I keep getting better, and old works seem like a joke.
by the way the character you see on the screen, posted by Ugo, is quite a detailed one which any professional animator will tell you that it takes time to model, texture and rig. That wasn't what I was looking at, Doom 3 characters were not designed by armatures. perhaps Ugo wanted to send a message that I should spell out my limits, which I appreciate. All the same, I know that my delay makes me not to look serious, hmm, "that one dey". I come across people everyday who ask, can you do an animation like AVATAR, and I laugh. You need to know how it is done to venture into such projects.

I didn't model Ugo's character to detail, but I've rigged it, I wanted to know his comments but he couldn't post or hear from me for a while, because my profile in nairaland was suspended.

I will post you a video that I did for you to criticize.

Thanks for your concern.

Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by OKX(m): 2:22am On Mar 05, 2011
bro, contrary to how i may sound- i am not trying to cut u down.

the cg industry in nigeria is in its infancy stage. hence, it is important that it is nurtured d rite way.
mediocres/incompetents making loud claims hurt all of us who are trying 2 b professional - n true mentors r hard 2 find.

u definitely have skill, find out wot area it lies in n focus on it. d animation world is a vast terrain. (as i'm sure u know)

judging from d progress u have posted, from ur interpretation of ugos earlier image planes, to ur model of d second chap, and attempt at texturing it- ur strengths may not b modeling or texturing.
if those r ur areas of interest, then u should b studying tutes seriously.

u say doom3 xters werent done by amateurs, i agree- so does dat mean ur an amateur?lolĀ  wink

an average competent modeler will turn up any of d two models in 12-48 hrs (4get texturing)
we r yet 2 see ur xter animation, but seriously, the way u raised xpectations with ur initial offer, anything less than 'outstanding' only hurts u, n any reputation/credibility u may b trying 2 build.
thats my lesson 2 u. make claims u can deliver on without d need 2 explain! so always work with the worst case scenario.

keep ur old work n constantly review them, they serve as milestones 2 ur progress.
contrary to ur opinion, nigerians dont care about ur beginnings, in art- it's ur portfolio that counts.

if u have a good and 'defendable' demo-reel, ppl will listen 2 u.
u just have 2 b professional and prove dat u know wot u r abt n dat u know ur onions.

for example: if dis forum is a stage, n represents a skeptical audience, d question is- do u think u have won believers?

when undertaking a 'job', take as much time as u need realistically to do ur best, and dont post anything 2 d public until its relatively ready-especially when it is to serve as an advertising tool.(unless u expressly state dat its a training or personal development exercise)

i downloaded an e-book on how 2 put 2geda a professional demo reel/portfolio, if u r interested. it has valuable marketing tips.
u could google on ur own too.

well, all that is my unsolicited advice.lol
goodluck bro.

looking forward to seeing ur clips.
Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by ugo2u(m): 4:13am On Mar 05, 2011
Yawn! Did i miss anything, smiley hey vex, one step at a time bro. I'm learnin too, maybe i choose something to complex, did that to drag you outside your comfort zone.
Re: Free 10s Seconds Character Animation by Super1759: 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
And after 4years,this poo makes Fp.... Smh

(1) (Reply)

Canon EOS R10. 2022 Mirrorless Camera. AVAILABLE / 4 Days 3D Modeling Training Workshop In Abuja / Services Of Logo/banner Designer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.