Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening (3199 Views)

Nuc Gives Go Ahead Order For Universities Resumption On The 18th Jan. / ASUU Strike: Ngige Speaks On Varsities Reopening Next Month / NUC Gives Approval For 3 More Universities In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Ijcharis(f): 11:27am On Aug 05, 2020
The National Universities Commission in Abuja on Tuesday gave an update on the reopening of varsities very soon.

According to the commission, preparations were in top gear to reopen the nation’s universities after the forced closure due to COVID – 19 pandemic.

The commission said it was collating data on the assessment of the level of preparedness by the various universities.

It collating the data through vice-chancellors to determine if the universities were safe for resumption to both academic and non-academic activities.

This was made known by Dr. Suleiman Ramon Yusuf, the Deputy Executive Secretary of the NUC (Academics).

Yusuf stated these during a briefing to showcase the contributions of Nigerian universities to the national response to COVID-19.

According to him, a total of 32 universities in the country were carrying out researches on solutions to the dreaded coronavirus in the country.

See the Propose Date for University Resumption: https://news.1app.online/nuc-gives-update-on-varsities-reopening/

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by 88Craze: 11:30am On Aug 05, 2020
They should resume quick, make this girl allow me rest

2 Likes

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by NobleKing2020(m): 11:33am On Aug 05, 2020
Let us be watching....

will ASUU allow them..
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by extol1(m): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2020
88Craze:
They should resume quick, make this girl allow me rest
my own be say, make you no give her belle

2 Likes

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by paulolee(m): 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
same old story....no matter how i miss school babes reach, i still prefer street hustle pass skul vibes..
make them leave school matter till next year abeg..

2 Likes

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Jman06(m): 12:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
paulolee:
same old story....no matter how i miss school babes reach, i still prefer street hustle pass skul vibes..
Lazy student spotted

3 Likes

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Rilwayne001: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
paulolee:

You should drop out instead. It's not your world. No be everyone go make am for street, same way no be everyone go make am through school. If you're making it through street then, drop out from school already. undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by paulolee(m): 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
Rilwayne001:

You should drop out instead. It's not your world. No be everyone go make am for street, same way no be everyone go make am through school. If you're making it through street then, drop out from school already. undecided undecided
yeah av been thinking about same either...thinking about suspending my studies when school resumes, the only thing thats stopping me is how to convince my mum so she gat to accept that making moni from street and also learning more skills is more better and profitable than wasting more years in school all because of the worthless certificate dt wont help my life..

4 Likes

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by paulolee(m): 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2020
Jman06:
Lazy student spotted
ain't lazy, if am lazy i won't be hustling in the streets all day, am not lazy bt jus needed more time to.make more moni before school plans to resume so that i can easily offset the many bills that av pilled up in school...
so pls I work for ma own money and i aint lazy ma geee

6 Likes

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Rilwayne001: 1:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
paulolee:

yeah av been thinking about same either...thinking about suspending my studies when school resumes, the only thing thats stopping me is how to convince my mum so she gat to accept that making moni from street and also learning more skills is more better and profitable than wasting more years in school all because of the worthless certificate dt wont help my life..

You should try and convince her. It's your life, not hers. You should do what you're passionate about not what they want you to be passionate about. At the end, if it gets fruitful, you get to eat more and them too. But if you allow them force you to do what you don't like, you may end up not getting fruits to eat and will end up not being happy with her for making you do what you don't like. Grow some courage to follow your path.

4 Likes

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Jman06(m): 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2020
paulolee:

ain't lazy, if am lazy i won't be hustling in the streets all day, am not lazy bt jus needed more time to.make more moni before school plans to resume so that i can easily offset the many bills that av pilled up in school...
so pls I work for ma own money and i aint lazy ma geee
OK, but 5months is enough to gather substantial amount towards offsetting those bills.

It's better to finish up timely and start hustling full-time, I think.

1 Like

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by paulolee(m): 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2020
Jman06:
OK, but 5months is enough to gather substantial amount towards offsetting those bills.

yeah but when it comes to moni, no amount is enough and mind you, as the money keeps coming, thats the same way its going because bills would also be payed as am hustling na..man gat take care of himself and pay bills naa

2 Likes

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by paulolee(m): 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
Rilwayne001:

You should try and convince her. It's your life, not hers. You should do what you're passionate about not what they want you to be passionate about. At the end, if it gets fruitful, you get to eat more and them too. But if you allow them force you to do what you don't like, you may end up not getting fruits to eat and will end up not being happy with her for making you do what you don't like. Grow some courage to follow your path.
yup...wana stand my ground and go with my decision with all my mind, than apply for the suspension of studies before i get to tell her..
she can't stop me but would just get angry and may not support my decision bt that's not my concern..
because if after years for street and tinz work out well and she see the results, she would end up happy, afterall dis days nobody care about the story, they all wana see the Glory..

1 Like

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Rilwayne001: 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2020
paulolee:

yup...wana stand my ground and go with my decision with all my mind, than apply for the suspension of studies before i get to tell her..
she can't stop me but would just get angry and may not support my decision bt that's not my concern..
because if after years for street and tinz work out well and she see the results, she would end up happy, afterall dis days nobody care about the story, they all wana see the Glory..

BTW, what's the street hustle you're involved in maybe I can spare some time for it as well.
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Jman06(m): 1:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
paulolee:

yeah but when it comes to moni, no amount is enough and mind you, as the money keeps coming, thats the same way its going because bills would also be payed as am hustling na..man gat take care of himself and pay bills naa
You were making money but spending it instead of saving?
You should have known that schools would reopen at anytime.

1 Like

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by paulolee(m): 2:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
Rilwayne001:

BTW, what's the street hustle you're involved in maybe I can spare some time for it as well.
lolz....dnt tink i can start calling names...not online my bro...
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by paulolee(m): 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
Jman06:
You were making money but spending it instead of saving?
You should have known that schools would reopen at anytime.
Yea ooo...i never knew....thought it would be till next year...
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by sinkhole: 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
There is no truth in the news, if you are working somewhere please do not resign yet because what NUC is saying may actually not work out!
Consider these:
1) ASUU is still on strike
2) Part of ASUU's demand is release of fund to Universities; no fund has been released by government.
3) Another demand of ASUU is the visitation to the Universities by the visitors; nothing like this been organised by the government
4) The most difficult part of ASUU strike is the IPPIS; government is still insisting while ASUU is hell bent on not enrolling, infact, all non-IPPIS compliant lecturers have not been paid last month and government has said there will be no salary budget outside of IPPIS from next year.

The summary of it all for University students is to simply forget education for now and find something useful to do with their lives!

3 Likes

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Elimon(m): 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2020
All talk and no work..both ASUU and FG care less about students so
If 3000 to 7000 naira daily isn't too small..Whatsap me 09067005625
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Brunicekid(m): 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2020
Elimon:
All talk and no work..both ASUU and FG care less about students so
If 3000 to 7000 naira daily isn't too small..Whatsap me 09067005625
Ok...will message you.
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Edopesin: 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
paulolee:

Brother collect that certificate first before you hustle, worthless or not you might regret not getting it later
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by SirWarlock: 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2020
sinkhole:
There is no truth in the news, if you are working somewhere please do not resign yet because what NUC is saying may actually not work out!
Consider these:
2) Part of ASUU's demand is release of fund to Universities; no fund has been released by government.
3) Another demand of ASUU is the visitation to the Universities by the visitors; nothing like this been organised by the government
4) The most difficult part of ASUU strike is the IPPIS; government is still insisting while ASUU is hell bent on not enrolling, infact, all non-IPPIS compliant lecturers have not been paid last month and government has said there will be no salary budget outside of IPPIS from next year.

The summary of it all for University students is to simply forget education for now and find something useful to do with their lives!
True grin grin. This then you consider that they want to start assessments of covid preparedness grin. If unis don't open next month then it's next year grin
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Bankeke(m): 6:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
Jman06:

Alaye who school EPP. I no even ready for school
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by mujibson(m): 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2020
paulolee:
Some of us wey no con see anything hustle for street nko? Make we die of boredom?
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by paulolee(m): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2020
mujibson:

Some of us wey no con see anything hustle for street nko? Make we die of boredom?
lwkmd...my guy life na per head o...all man with hin prayer point....as u de pray for sun, anoda man de pray for rain oo..
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by paulolee(m): 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2020
Edopesin:

Brother collect that certificate first before you hustle, worthless or not you might regret not getting it later
lolz nice point but my guy the street hustle no go wait for me oo...maybe when I return anoda man don take over but skul go always wait naa
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Karlifate: 7:28pm On Aug 05, 2020
NUC has stated earlier that Varsities not under ASUU will resume first, once their assessment is done.
sinkhole:
Consider these:

Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Jman06(m): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2020
Bankeke:

If school no epp, why you start am at all.

Are you one of the NON ACADEMIC STUDENTS?...lol
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Jxmmi90(m): 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2020
paulolee:

which one u de drink....33 or stout?
make dem leave am next year... this lockdown is the best to happen...it made me realises my real niggas and the sissies ..best part is DAT it gave me an avenue to hustle man don save more than 150k
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by Dannonye(f): 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2020
Private school guys are chilling
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by freshkpomo(m): 11:41pm On Aug 05, 2020
Verdict: This was not the handwriting of corona, the government did this.. Money when them go chop and die leave for earth.

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

God bless Nigeria
Re: NUC Gives Update On Varsities Reopening by nams77: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2020
Bankeke:

You should ask those senators and politicians who are now scrambling to forge certificates.

You never know where you would end up in future.
Get your certificate, keep it in one corner then you can begin your hustle.

(1) (Reply)

Before You Enroll For Toefl, These Secrets And Facts You Need To Know. / If You Are Using A Cafe To Fill Your Jamb Utme Read This! / Ebsu:ebonyi State University -2012/2013 Post UTME Screening Result Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.