Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,689 members, 7,851,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:55 PM

Female Soldier Raped By Bandits Appeal Dismissal - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Female Soldier Raped By Bandits Appeal Dismissal (406 Views)

Police Officer Dies Following His Dismissal Over Pistol Sold To Cultist In Kwara / Nigerian Army Colonel, Manu, Killed By Bandits / Tiamiyu Kazeem: Police Recommend SARS Operative’s Dismissal Over Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Female Soldier Raped By Bandits Appeal Dismissal by Olmat(m): 9:29am On Aug 06, 2020
The Nigerian Army has dismissed a soldier for getting pregnant after she was raped by suspected bandits while travelling to Ogbomoso, Oyo State.

The rape victim was charged with one count of ‘conduct prejudicial to service discipline,’ found guilty and dismissed from the regiment.

She, however, declined to speak on her ordeal when contacted on the phone on Wednesday, saying, “I have not asked you to publish anything, but we are working on the appeal.”

Her lawyer, Johnson Oyewole, expressed the conviction that his client’s unlawful dismissal would be overturned and she would be recalled to continue serving her fatherland.

According to an appeal to the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, filed by her lawyer, the victim enlisted in the Army in March 2012 as a member of 67 Regular Recruits intake, and was serving with 56 Signal Command, Mile 2, Lagos, before the incident.

The letter, which challenged the soldier’s dismissal, read, ”It is manifest that the purported trial of our client was tainted with substantial irregularities; there is no offence under the law and no element of the offence of misconduct prejudicial to service discipline that talks of pregnancy while in service and warranted dismissal under section 103(1).”
Re: Female Soldier Raped By Bandits Appeal Dismissal by DrGoodman: 9:31am On Aug 06, 2020
Soldiers
Re: Female Soldier Raped By Bandits Appeal Dismissal by SmartProf(m): 9:32am On Aug 06, 2020
I hope this report isn't fake...should this news be true, I expect the military authorities to reconsider their decision cos for a female soldier ambushed and captured by hoodlums, this is part of her likely job hazard. I'm only surprised the victim didn't seek Medical intervention after the rape ordeal and went on to getting pregnant.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO! Thief Demonstrate How He Gained Access To A Car In Lagos� / Nigerian Prison Official Dies By Suicide After Passing 3 Exams Without Promotion / #ENDSARS Police Shoots Two Student In Ogbomoso Oyo State Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.